When submitting the petitions CR1/CR2, I understand what is needed for the CR1, such as the cover letter, the check the i-130, G325a for myself and my wife. and etc,......the other documents needed for my wifes folder...

Does anyone know what the 2nd package for the CR2 for my son will need to be... I would think the cover letter, the check, the I-130, his birth certtifcate... any idea what else or is there a link to some place that would explain this for me.

The CR-2 is basically the same as the CR-1, only the Beneficary is the child. You have to provide the same information. It all starts with the I-130.... follow the directions....

Good luck

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)
The CR-2 is basically the same as the CR-1, only the Beneficary is the child.  You have to provide the same information.  It all starts with the I-130.... follow the directions....

Good luck

230508[/snapback]

I'm not speaking of the obvious, I can see the G325a for myself, but it is my understanding he wouldn't need one, but what about, would there be a need to show my divorce papers and such? I wouldn't think there is much for his application. Follow the intructions??... isn't really an answer, the instructions don't really deal with my question, that's why I posted this question.

I think this is it. Hopefully this will help someone else.

If you are a U.S. citizen and the father or stepparent of the child or son or daughter, you must file the following with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

A copy of your birth certificate or U.S. passport

If you were not born in the U.S., a copy of either:

your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or

your U.S. passport

A copy of the child’s birth certificate showing the child’s name and the names of both parents

A copy of civil marriage certificate showing the names of both parents, or proof that a parent/child relationship exists or existed (if you are petitioning for a stepchild, your marriage to the child’s parent must take place before the stepchild’s 18th birthday)

A copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees that establish the termination of any previous marriages entered into by you or your spouse

Fathers petitioning for a child born out of wedlock must provide evidence that a parent/child relationship exists or existed. For example, the child’s birth certificate displaying the father’s name, evidence showing that the father and child at some point lived together, or that the father held out the child as his own, or that he has made financial contributions in support of the child, or that in general his behavior evidenced genuine concern for and interest in the child. A blood test proving paternity may also be necessary.

If anyone’s name has been legally changed (if it differs from the name on his or her birth certificate), evidence of the name change must be submitted.

Guest pushbrk

If you are a U.S. citizen and the father or stepparent of the child or son or daughter, you must file the following with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:

your U.S. passport

A copy of the child’s birth certificate showing the child’s name and the names of both parents

A copy of civil marriage certificate showing the names of both parents, or proof that a parent/child relationship exists or existed (if you are petitioning for a stepchild, your marriage to the child’s parent must take place before the stepchild’s 18th birthday)

A copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees that establish the termination of any previous marriages entered into by you or your spouse

Fathers petitioning for a child born out of wedlock must provide evidence that a parent/child relationship exists or existed. For example, the child’s birth certificate displaying the father’s name, evidence showing that the father and child at some point lived together, or that the father held out the child as his own, or that he has made financial contributions in support of the child, or that in general his behavior evidenced genuine concern for and interest in the child. A blood test proving paternity may also be necessary.

If anyone’s name has been legally changed (if it differs from the name on his or her birth certificate), evidence of the name change must be submitted.

230559[/snapback]

Essentially, these instructions indicate you send the same information as for the CR1 except that the G325A is not needed for the CR2. They just go a bit further by explaining why.

I prepared one cover letter for both applications (CR1 & CR2) and included 2 checks. I included the following items for the CR2: 1. Copy of my Birth Certificate. 2. Marriage Certificate & Certified English Translation. 3. Copy of step daughter's (beneficiary) birth certificate & Certified English Translation. 4. Copy of mother's (wife) divorce decree & Certified English Translation. 5. Copy of statement by Father giving mother full custody of daughter and permission to settle in US & Certified English Translation (This was just a precautionary item - not required). 6. Copy of my divorce decree.

I did NOT provide a photo or G-325A for the CR2 as they are not required.

GOOD LUCK!

Mine and my daughter's applied together, papa bear mailed out in a same package , besides all the documents CR1 was required, here is a list we submited for my daughter cr2.

Information of beneficiary/step-daughter

1. 1-check for payment of I-130

2. I-130 2 pages w/attachment

3. 4-form G325A

4. 1-pasport photo

5. 1-copy of birth certificate w/translation

6. copy of fathers consent to leave China w/translation

7. 7-copies of family photos

your U.S. passport

230559[/snapback]

please post the source of this list .. thanks :)

The CR-2 is basically the same as the CR-1, only the Beneficary is the child.  You have to provide the same information.  It all starts with the I-130.... follow the directions....

Good luck

230508[/snapback]

I'm not speaking of the obvious, I can see the G325a for myself, but it is my understanding he wouldn't need one, but what about, would there be a need to show my divorce papers and such? I wouldn't think there is much for his application. Follow the intructions??... isn't really an answer, the instructions don't really deal with my question, that's why I posted this question.

230527[/snapback]

well it seems you have the answer.... funny, I followed the instructions and it answered all my questions.... The CR-1 and Cr-2 all begin with the I-130 applications for each, the process is cumbersome as you have to provide duplicate information. It was the requirements when I filed back in April of 2005... maybe things changed.

good luck

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)

OK everybody G-325A or photo is NOT required for stepchild. I am absolutely positive of this - I talked to several people at USCIS before I filed and my applications have been approved. According to the people I talked too - G-325A and photo have not been ever required for stepchild (at least for the last few years - since they only had been working there for a few years). They both referred me to I-130 Instructions (Rev. 10/26/05) page 2, number 7 "What Documents Do You Need to Prove a Family Relationship?" If you are filing for:

A. (CR1) husband or wife; 3. photo 4. G-325A

H. (CR2) stepparent/stepchild: "...you must file your petition with a copy of the marriage certificate of the stepparent to the child's natural parent showing that the marriage occurred before the child's 18th birthday, and copies of documents showing that any prior marriages were legally terminated."

THAT'S IT ... NO G-325A or PHOTO.

As I indicated previously, I included the child's birth certificate - for proof that she was the child of my wife. Marriage certificate with english translation for proof of marriage to child's mother prior to 18th birthday. Wife's divorce papers with english translation and my divorce papers as specifcally requested. I also provided another copy of my birth certificate as required by Instruction number 5A. "What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a United States Citizen?"

Edited by scott1956 (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

OK everybody G-325A or photo is NOT required for stepchild. I am absolutely positive of this - I talked to several people at USCIS before I filed and my applications have been approved. According to the people I talked too - G-325A and photo have not been ever required for stepchild (at least for the last few years - since they only had been working there for a few years). They both referred me to I-130 Instructions (Rev. 10/26/05) page 2, number 7 "What Documents Do You Need to Prove a Family Relationship?" If you are filing for:

H. (CR2) stepparent/stepchild: "...you must file your petition with a copy of the marriage certificate of the stepparent to the child's natural parent showing that the marriage occurred before the child's 18th birthday, and copies of documents showing that any prior marriages were legally terminated."

As I indicated previously, I included the child's birth certificate - for proof that she was the child of my wife. Marriage certificate with english translation for proof of marriage to child's mother prior to 18th birthday. Wife's divorce papers with english translation and my divorce papers as specifcally requested. I also provided another copy of my birth certificate as required by Instruction number 5A. "What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a United States Citizen?"

Is the child's birth certificate also translated to english?

Is the child's birth certificate also translated to english?

If you submit an official government document from China, to the USCIS or DOS that document must have a Notarial English Translation. Period.