Canned Response??

Recieved this email last night... On July 10, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can

use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done.

Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Do you think it is a "canned" respose to the RFE or did they actually do preliminary processing ??

Guest pushbrk
Recieved this email last night...  On July 10, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information.  However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message.  You will receive a written decision on this case.  You can

Do you think it is a "canned" respose to the RFE or did they actually do preliminary processing ??

230189[/snapback]

I think they are telling you that processing on your petition was completed except for that which is directly connected to the RFE. Now all they are needing to do is process the RFE. For example they probably have already done the USCIS name check and have also determined that your relationship qualifies for approval of the petition.

Ron got one of these last week. I speculated he would receive an approval email this week. We'll be watching to see.

So, yes I think it was a canned response for petitions that were otherwise completely processed except for IMBRA related issues.

Recieved this email last night...  On July 10, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information.  However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message.  You will receive a written decision on this case.  You can

230189[/snapback]

I think they are telling you that processing on your petition was completed except for that which is directly connected to the RFE. Now all they are needing to do is process the RFE. For example they probably have already done the USCIS name check and have also determined that your relationship qualifies for approval of the petition.

Ron got one of these last week. I speculated he would receive an approval email this week. We'll be watching to see.

So, yes I think it was a canned response for petitions that were otherwise completely processed except for IMBRA related issues.

230190[/snapback]

Yes... it will be interesting to see how long it takes from this point. Going on the 5th month... but now it dosen't bother me as much anymore.. I'm ready for the long haul.

It's a canned response.  Virtually all RFEs that I've seen have this language.

230194[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree, canned response. I got the same message today, and my application is still a month away from the current CSC receipt processing date posted today. The IMBRA RFE response seems like it is worded generically towards the original purpose of a standard RFE, which before IMBRA, was sent out during the actual live processing of your petition by a case officer. Thus, the phrase "preliminary processing" was mentioned. Well, I hope I'm wrong and they actually somehow skipped forward to processing my petition ahead of schedule. :clapping:

Regardless of the stage of processing, it seems like most everyone that submitted the previous I-129F form, was automatically sent an IMBRA RFE, if the USCIS received it after March 5, 2006.

Edited by coconutz (see edit history)