Chinaisms - How the English language works

my name = "my lover"

on our chiang jiang river cruse she constantly referred to the boat as "the cruise"

slightly off topic: a clothing store in chengdu called "fun fun fun", and under the name are the words, "life in u.s."  had to get a photo of that one.  cool clothes too -- love to take her shopping there.  prices in china and the exchange rate make me love to take her shopping anywhere.

the word "cool":  i told her the other day, "you are so cool," and she sounded so happy and astonished!  "really?  i am cool?  oh!  that's great!"  geez, she knows i'm bonkers over her, but that one really seemed to grab her.  :D

it's going to be so fun when she finally gets here.  she has many of those cute characteristics and chinese-isms that you all mention too.

Hi there, new guy, happy to have you!!! She sounds like she is going to be just as cute as Michael's lady, Yan ("animal!!!"), and your enthusiasm is a refreshing new jolt. Thanks for jumping in here in the RR with us. We will hang in there with you during the wait.

oh wow, thanks! being with others who are going thru' the same makes it bearable. hope everything happens very soon for all of us.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The water come out my body" = I'm sweating

"The water come out my nose" = I have a runny nosy

"Water" seems to mean any type of bodily fluids, and that's all I got to say about that.

"Voice" = any sound.

"You hear the voice? It is the sky." = Do you hear the thunder?

"You hear the voice? It is child." = Do you hear the children playing outside?

"I want to buy somethings" = I want to buy more than one thing.

"My boss is very badly." = My boss sucks.

"You are feeling well?" = (This one's for you Dave). Are you horny?

I read these from a book on literal translations of Chinese words -

not sure how accurate they are . . .

China = middle country

This one at least is accurate. China used to be called the Middle Kingdom, and the character for "China" also means "middle".

"she/her" -- might mean "he/him", and vice versa :)

China = middle country

This one at least is accurate. China used to be called the Middle Kingdom, and the character for "China" also means "middle".

"she/her" -- might mean "he/him", and vice versa :lol:

China is the Central or Center Country.

China = middle country

"she/her" -- might mean "he/him", and vice versa :lol:

China is the Central or Center Country.

Early man's discovery of the use of fire first occurred in China about 200,000 years ago.

Unitl long after Marco Polo discovered China it was the most technologically advanced country in the world. It was quite some time before the west figured out how to make porcelain for instance.

Filed AOS...................07/28/03

Filed & received EAD..07/28/03

Holy cow!! Can I borrow your time machine, Carl? I've got some things to go back and fix. I promise I'll bring it back 10 minutes before I left with it. :P :angry:

oops