Dental hygiene and dental care in China.

I don't think that the DDS cleans teeth in China with the scraping tools but just buff them up and don't worry about what is between the teeth. She had a good cleaning done in two visits when she first got here and on her last trip to China, she had three wisdom teeth pulled. Would have been $750 here - was about $12 there. Almost paid for her trip.

She was always careful that the DDS used new instruments on her when in China. Family members knew the two DDS she visited there. One in SH and one in NJ.

I tried to go to candle to take my mind off my root canal tomorrow.  Yuck! I guess not.

229423[/snapback]

Take 2, 7.5 Hydrocordone (I can't spell) pills before bed, then 2 more before leaving for the dentist, if you need someone else to drive OK. You should be very friendly and talking to every patient, doctor, and nurse at the office by the time you arrive. Then they will use all the pain killer in the gums, of course. You might be able to tolerate the pain and get it done. I did this due to not being able to get through the first attempt. So I made sure. In the end I had to just tell the dentist to go for it no matter how much it hurt me, hang on and feel the pain.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)
I tried to go to candle to take my mind off my root canal tomorrow.  Yuck! I guess not.

229423[/snapback]

Take 2, 7.5 Hydrocordone (I can't spell) pills before bed, then 2 more before leaving for the dentist, if you need someone else to drive OK. You should be very friendly and talking to every patient, doctor, and nurse at the office by the time you arrive. Then they will use all the pain killer in the gums, of course. You might be able to tolerate the pain and get it done. I did this due to not being able to get through the first attempt. So I made sure. In the end I had to just tell the dentist to go for it no matter how much it hurt me, hang on and feel the pain.

229648[/snapback]

I had it done and not as bad as I thought; however, next week is a crown lengthening where they cut the gums and dig into the bone. It is costing thousands for my dental but I think I still am glad I am having it done in the USA.

Just like medical care in China, dental care depends alot on where you get it. From what my wife tells me, her company has a good hospital as did the one for the RR where her father used to work. BOth are govt operated.

I am having my lower front teeth replaced with a permanet bridge and will run about $3000.

Just like medical care in China, dental care depends alot on where you get it. From what my wife tells me, her company has a good hospital as did the one for the RR where her father used to work. BOth are govt operated.

I am having my lower front teeth replaced with a permanet bridge and will run about $3000.

229704[/snapback]

thats what i understand as well from Chun, but personally i think she just has not seen what is available over here yet.

she probably did go to a decent dentist.....for China standards.

i have looked at her teeth and i am shocked at her job she got.

i gotta get some type of insurance for her teeth.