Just got my mail and there was my RFE per IMBRA.  I still haven't deceided how I will reply regarding the marriage broker - We met on yahoo personals.  It is funny that my CR1 & CR2 applications are moving right along (just paid the I-864 fee and sent in the DS-3032) and may actually arrive in GUZ before the K3.  Goodluck to you and may the immigration GODS be with You!

228734[/snapback]

I answered No on the IMBRA question. I had written to AsiaEuro and got a response. Here is their quote:

We are exempt from the IMBRA law under the provisions of section 4  B

(ii), however we are in the process of implementing an information form

so that those US members who are seeking marriage may complete the

required information. It is our understanding that it may be beneficial to

the Spouse Visa Application if US men complete the information

specified in the IMBRA regulations.

However, we need to inform you that the law commenced March 6,

therefore it will be applicable if you and your fiancee met after 6 March. If

you met prior to this date the law will not be appicable therefore you

will not be required to complete the form.

228790[/snapback]

I encourage all concerned about IMBRA to read both the definition AND the exceptions noted in the law.

This answer from AsianEuro is misleading in that it is given in the context of how the law (doesn't) apply to them and how their relationship between you.

Obviously the statement that if you met your SO before March 6, the law isn't applicable to you, is inaccurate. You know you are affected because your case was delayed and you got or are getting an RFE.

The truth is that the law doesn't require an IMB to do anything in your behalf if you first contacted your SO before Mar 6. The law doesn't require a "non-IMB" to do anything, ever.

The law has affected each person who filed an I-129F for fiance or spouse, with a receipt date after March 5, 2006. Just how you are affected will depend on whether you used an IMB and whether you have an applicable criminal record.

I WOULD be certain to note the date of your first contact, particularly if it was before March 6, 2006.

I would not rely on some website or dating/marriage related business to interpret the law for me. I don't know why anybody else would.

228799[/snapback]

I posted a Poll a little while ago if anyone is interested in taking it. It's in reference to what the thoughts are on a Yes or No to whether you met through an IMB.

Even if people don't want to reply to it, I am curious about the percentages :rolleyes:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some provisions of the IMBRA law affect both those who met through an IMB, and those who did not (hopefully, responding to the RFE will satisfy these provisions).

An IMB is affected by additional provisions, where the IMB must collect information about the American client to give to the Chinese beneficiary. These additional provisions could cause delay, while DHS tries to figure out what to do with them. One website (chnlove.com) even claimed that your petition could be denied if the IMB did not satisy the provisions.

The RFE's are here, our petitioners are expected to answer the IMB question - we still do not have clarification on exactly which websites are IMB's. Be VERY careful before you answer yes!

Hello to all,

Just got my email. They sent my RFE July 1st. We met on Match.com Not sure if they are considered an IMB. I emailed a question to them to find out if they feel they are. By definition I don't think so because neather member is restricted to the information they release to each other. I am not sure but I think with an IMB your communications are through a third party or middle man. Where as with dating sites like yahoo, match, cupid. it is not any different than if you met on the street. I am open to any thoughts you might have.

Here is some interesting stuff:

http://www.khersongirls.com/marriagebrokerlaw.htm

http://www.online-dating-rights.com/

http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/

Mat

For the heck of it, I sent an email asking asianeuro that question. Here is the response I received.

Thank you for contacting us.

We are exempt from the IMBRA law under the provisions of section 4 (:lol: (ii), however we are in the process of implementing an information form so that those US members who are seeking marriage may complete the required information. It is our understanding that it may be beneficial to the Spouse Visa Application if US men complete the information specified in the IMBRA regulations.

However, we need to inform you that the law commenced March 6, therefore it will be applicable if you and your fiancee met after 6 March. If you met prior to this date the law will not be appicable therefore you will not be required to complete the form.

Please contact us if you require any further assistance.

Regards

team@AsianEuro.com

Just got my mail and there was my RFE per IMBRA.  I still haven't deceided how I will reply regarding the marriage broker - We met on yahoo personals.  It is funny that my CR1 & CR2 applications are moving right along (just paid the I-864 fee and sent in the DS-3032) and may actually arrive in GUZ before the K3.  Goodluck to you and may the immigration GODS be with You!

228734[/snapback]

I answered No on the IMBRA question. I had written to AsiaEuro and got a response. Here is their quote:

We are exempt from the IMBRA law under the provisions of section 4  B

228790[/snapback]

I encourage all concerned about IMBRA to read both the definition AND the exceptions noted in the law.

This answer from AsianEuro is misleading in that it is given in the context of how the law (doesn't) apply to them and how their relationship between you.

Obviously the statement that if you met your SO before March 6, the law isn't applicable to you, is inaccurate. You know you are affected because your case was delayed and you got or are getting an RFE.

The truth is that the law doesn't require an IMB to do anything in your behalf if you first contacted your SO before Mar 6. The law doesn't require a "non-IMB" to do anything, ever.

The law has affected each person who filed an I-129F for fiance or spouse, with a receipt date after March 5, 2006. Just how you are affected will depend on whether you used an IMB and whether you have an applicable criminal record.

I WOULD be certain to note the date of your first contact, particularly if it was before March 6, 2006.

I would not rely on some website or dating/marriage related business to interpret the law for me. I don't know why anybody else would.

228799[/snapback]

I posted a Poll a little while ago if anyone is interested in taking it. It's in reference to what the thoughts are on a Yes or No to whether you met through an IMB.

Even if people don't want to reply to it, I am curious about the percentages :lol:

228803[/snapback]

Where can I find this poll ?

Just got my mail and there was my RFE per IMBRA.?I still haven't deceided how I will reply regarding the marriage broker - We met on yahoo personals.?It is funny that my CR1 & CR2 applications are moving right along (just paid the I-864 fee and sent in the DS-3032) and may actually arrive in GUZ before the K3.?Goodluck to you and may the immigration GODS be with You!

228734[/snapback]

We are exempt from the IMBRA law under the provisions of section 4?B

228790[/snapback]

228799[/snapback]

Even if people don't want to reply to it, I am curious about the percentages :roller:

228803[/snapback]

Where can I find this poll ?

228856[/snapback]

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19016

Hello to all,

Just got my email. They sent my RFE July 1st. We met on Match.com Not sure if they are considered an IMB. I emailed a question to them to find out if they feel they are. By definition I don't think so because neather member is restricted to the information they release to each other. I am not sure but I think with an IMB your communications are through a third party or middle man. Where as with dating sites like yahoo, match, cupid. it is not any different than if you met on the street.  I am open to any thoughts you might have.

Here is some interesting stuff:

http://www.khersongirls.com/marriagebrokerlaw.htm

http://www.online-dating-rights.com/

http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/

Mat

228843[/snapback]

I don't know what difference it will make, if any, but I included a supplemental sheet with the website address and it's owner when I returned the RFE...

I also indicated that although I DO NOT believe it is an IMB, and that I DID NOT pay any fees, I thought the law was vague and they MIGHT consider the site an IMB.

Not that I think it will help, but it couldn't hurt. :unsure: :wacko: :blink:

I just received 2 emails from uscis stating that they sent me an RFE and my online case status was updated with today's date. Got the RFE befor the update or maybe... that's another RFE :unsure:

228741[/snapback]

I got 2 emails also. Both at 3:31 pm EDT July 3 stating they had mailed the RFE on July 1.

Online Case Status updated to July 3. No RFE in mail box yet. Also checked trashcan, just in case.

Guest pushbrk
How weird.  I checked USCIS for updates and that had an update for me dated July 4th.  I assume the office is closed today for the Holiday.   :lol:

228991[/snapback]

Same here, update for July 4. Nothing changed but the date. :lol:

228998[/snapback]

They worked yesterday. What you are seeing is the result of a batch update to the website that occurred after midnight last night, not scary ghosts.

I am very enthused about the flurry of activity. RFE's are something to celebrate because it means progress. Progress is good. Very good.

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO ARE MOVING AHEAD! Let's pray and/or wish well those who the gov't is keeping waiting too.

Received email today and update from USCIS:

On July 5, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence

or information.  However because preliminary processing was complete,

the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in

this message.  You will receive a written decision on this case.

Things are moving. :)