Guest pushbrk
My SO received Packet 4 and in it is a form GIV-24. I called my lawyer and he said she probably received the wrong forms. Since my SO is sleeping, I won't wake her up. Can anyone confirm this is a valid form for Packet 4? Thanks to all members for their great support.

228627[/snapback]

She should have the GIV-24, DS 156 and DS157 in English and Chinese.

My SO received Packet 4 and in it is a form GIV-24. I called my lawyer and he said she probably received the wrong forms. Since my SO is sleeping, I won't wake her up. Can anyone confirm this is a valid form for Packet 4? Thanks to all members for their great support.

228627[/snapback]

She should have the GIV-24, DS 156 and DS157 in English and Chinese.

228630[/snapback]

The GIV-24 does not come in a English and Chinese version; the one version you get has both combined on the form.

The DS-156 and DS-157 come in an English version and a Chinese version. You are supposed to provide two copies of each, which makes a total of 8.

Here's the K1 P4 list:

P4 Contents for K1:

1. Appointment letter in English

2. K-1 appointment (packet 4) letter

3. Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

4. Important notice in Chinese for photograph specifications (GIV-1)

5. Supplemental form GNI-2

6. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

7. Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

8. Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

9. Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

10. Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

11. Vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025)

12. Medical history and physical examination worksheet (DS-3026)

13. Nonimmigrant visa application (DS-156) and nonimmigrant visa application for applicants 16 years and older (DS-157) (two sets)

14. Nonimmigrant fianc¨¦e visa application (DS-156K)

[ For all members: Please be careful when giving advice/comments for visa types not the same as the visa type you have. Everything I mention above is from the FAQ. Although I have reviewed and corrected it many times over, it does contain member comments not always correct.. so verify everything as best you can.]

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Thanks again Mike. There may be several unknowns on the names/dates/locations. My step father didn't have a good relationship with his children, thus little is known about them. What happens if I don't list them? How will they know he has children? My step-father passed away in 2003 so getting this information is going to be next to impossible.

Edited by GaryandSherry (see edit history)
Thanks again Mike. There may be several unknowns on the names/dates/locations. My step father didn't have a good relationship with his children, thus little is known about them. What happens if I don't list them? How will they know he has children? My step-father passed away in 2003 so getting this information is going to be next to impossible.

228675[/snapback]

List them, don't omit them. put "Unknown" if this is the truth where needed.

Guest pushbrk

228675[/snapback]

228679[/snapback]

You can only list names you actually know. For instance if you know your step-father had 3 children but don't know even their first names, then I don't know how you can do anything but ignore them. On the other hand, if you know he had a son named Bill and that's all you know, then you can list Bill as a step-brother and say unknown as to anything else. In the line farthest to the right I would say Unknown since YEAR.

228675[/snapback]

228679[/snapback]

You can only list names you actually know. For instance if you know your step-father had 3 children but don't know even their first names, then I don't know how you can do anything but ignore them. On the other hand, if you know he had a son named Bill and that's all you know, then you can list Bill as a step-brother and say unknown as to anything else. In the line farthest to the right I would say Unknown since YEAR.

228684[/snapback]

How about: Child Name Unknown, or some variation.

I would still list 'someone' if I know they meet the requirement for a question.

Thanks Mike. Guess I will have to do a lot of digging for names/birthdates/step brothers/sisters.. etc. I hadn't planned on this one.

228633[/snapback]

Who's information is needed ..the US Citizens or the Fiance's?

Guest pushbrk
Thanks Mike. Guess I will have to do a lot of digging for names/birthdates/step brothers/sisters.. etc. I hadn't planned on this one.

228633[/snapback]

Who's information is needed ..the US Citizens or the Fiance's?

228881[/snapback]

In short, both. See the sample at the link provided.