Got RFE today

I finally received an RFE today concerning IMBRA. I just want to be sure on Questions 2 and 3 where it asks about convictions of various crimes:

There are no choices to say "No" or "None" - so, just leave those questions blank, right? I have not been convicted of any crimes. :ph34r:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally received an RFE today concerning IMBRA.  I just want to be sure on Questions 2 and 3 where it asks about convictions of various crimes:

There are no choices to say "No" or "None" - so, just leave those questions blank, right?  I have not been convicted of any crimes. :o

227596[/snapback]

Ron

Glad to hear that they are finally starting to move on this IMBRA thing. Without seeing the form, how the question is asked, or how you are expected to indicate a negative response, it's difficult to understand what you mean. I am sure, though, that others dealing with this issue will help you figure this out.

You haven't been convicted of any crimes because I didn't take you to court on slander charges for calling me an ***** last week. :ph34r:

Good luck to you, buddy.

Michael

I finally received an RFE today concerning IMBRA.  I just want to be sure on Questions 2 and 3 where it asks about convictions of various crimes:

There are no choices to say "No" or "None" - so, just leave those questions blank, right?  I have not been convicted of any crimes. :ph34r:

227596[/snapback]

I would also do the "n/a" thing, but I'm no expert, either. But what I most wanted to say was how happy I am for you that you got the RFE. That takes you out of the limbo land where you've been and lets you know you are back on track. I hope the rest all goes smoothly and quickly.

VJ has posted a scanned version of the RFE.. I put the link in the pinned topic at top.. but here it is for a quick look:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...pe=post&id=1535

no place to put a negation at all.. the sample at VJ the guy just left the choices as blank since none applied... although there is a YES / NO for if you meet using an IMB...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

There are no choices to say "No" or "None" - so, just leave those questions blank, right?  I have not been convicted of any crimes. :(

227596[/snapback]

Ron

Glad to hear that they are finally starting to move on this IMBRA thing. Without seeing the form, how the question is asked, or how you are expected to indicate a negative response, it's difficult to understand what you mean. I am sure, though, that others dealing with this issue will help you figure this out.

You haven't been convicted of any crimes because I didn't take you to court on slander charges for calling me an ***** last week. :o

Good luck to you, buddy.

Michael

227600[/snapback]

LOL :ph34r:

Here is the way the question is presented:

2. Have you ever been convicted by a court of law (leaving out some wording here) for any of the following crimes. Check all that apply.

___ Domestic violence, sexual assault, etc. etc.

___ Homicide, murder, manslaughter, rape, etc etc

___ Three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act.

That's it, it just says "check all that apply." It does not say to write "No" or "None."

I finally received an RFE today concerning IMBRA.?I just want to be sure on Questions 2 and 3 where it asks about convictions of various crimes:

There are no choices to say "No" or "None" - so, just leave those questions blank, right??I have not been convicted of any crimes. :(

227596[/snapback]

Ron

You haven't been convicted of any crimes because I didn't take you to court on slander charges for calling me an ***** last week. :o

Good luck to you, buddy.

Michael

227600[/snapback]

2. Have you ever been convicted by a court of law (leaving out some wording here) for any of the following crimes. Check all that apply.

___ Three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act.

That's it, it just says "check all that apply." It does not say to write "No" or "None."

227606[/snapback]

Ron...

After the sentence, "Check all that apply", I would write in CAPITAL letters, NONE.

Just my opinion.

Guest pushbrk
I finally received an RFE today concerning IMBRA.?I just want to be sure on Questions 2 and 3 where it asks about convictions of various crimes:

There are no choices to say "No" or "None" - so, just leave those questions blank, right??I have not been convicted of any crimes. :(

227596[/snapback]

Ron

Good luck to you, buddy.

Michael

227600[/snapback]

227606[/snapback]

Ron...

After the sentence, "Check all that apply", I would write in CAPITAL letters, NONE.

Just my opinion.

227608[/snapback]

I would place no ink on any lines for answers but below the series of answers I would right None apply and my initials.

I don't see how this could hurt but it is NOT required.

Great update Ron, thank you. :)

David, thanks for the heads up on VJ too. :roller:

David, as a side note: I read (on the VJ example RFE notice) that the RFE will be sent to the CSC address listed on the RFE notice. Because I was transfered from NSC to CSC would your take on it still be that I send it to the CSC adress listed on the RFE? I only ask because in the past I have read that correspondence should always be sent to the original place of filing, and that they will then forward it to the correct place.