Thanks to both Jesse and Ron (I kid Ron because I blew off just a teensy bit of steam at him last week)

I will wait and see what Guz comes back at me with. Yes, it is very difficult to deal with such important, no, crucial matters over such a long distance under difficult, emotional conditions and restricted ability to communicate one-on-one.

If I can't get a straight answer to get me back on track, I will ask for references for someone to help me out. The difference, Ron, is that this guy is a family friend, and think he know's it all. If his opinion differs from what the facts dictate, he just ignores the facts.

Manyun is intelligent, but is baffled by this process. So she turned to someone familiar, someone she trusts implicitly. Unfortunately, I can see through this guy's smoke and mirrors. However, after saying all of that, the confusion may not even by his fault this time.

As I said, I'll wait for Guz to get back with me, and hope that this is just another little hiccup (well, more like a big belch).

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute!!!!!

For K1/K2, isn't Part 1 the only part required? Does the K2 make the difference?

227452[/snapback]

I've tried to find a definitive reference, but the search gremlins are winning today. I believe that a separate DS-230, Part I, is needed for both the K-1 applicant and the K-2 applicant. Perhaps the missing document is the K-2's DS-230. Isn't this a fun process!!!!

Wait a minute!!!!!

For K1/K2, isn't Part 1 the only part required? Does the K2 make the difference?

227452[/snapback]

I've tried to find a definitive reference, but the search gremlins are winning today. I believe that a separate DS-230, Part I, is needed for both the K-1 applicant and the K-2 applicant. Perhaps the missing document is the K-2's DS-230. Isn't this a fun process!!!!

227545[/snapback]

On the DS-230 it says:

"complete one copy of this form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you."

So one for each visa applicant. This makes sense since at the petition point, some could be derivative status (K2 &K4) and some not (CR2).. but at this point, everyone has to fill out a visa application.

Wait a minute!!!!!

227452[/snapback]

227545[/snapback]

Hi Travelers

Pushbrk (mike) told me the same thing, but I have yet to read where it says that. It appears that the DS-230 is structured for an adult, and includes a place for that adult to list the children coming along. Why would such information be required of a child? He also told me that a separate check-off sheet is also required.

But then again, from a paperwork-craving society, with a one size fits all craving, perhaps only about one half of the first page of Part 1 (perhaps through question #11) is what they would be looking for from a child, with the remainder being N/A.

Fun????? :ph34r: Not yet!!!

Wait a minute!!!!!

227452[/snapback]

227545[/snapback]

On the DS-230 it says:

"complete one copy of this form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you."

So one for each visa applicant. This makes sense since at the petition point, some could be derivative status (K2 &K4) and some not (CR2).. but at this point, everyone has to fill out a visa application.

227580[/snapback]

Thanks, David

You are right. I see it now. I didn't have the form magnified enough on the screen to read the fine print. :ph34r:

I hope to be able to chat with Manyun in about 3 hours, if she is back in Nanning.

Mike

Wait a minute!!!!!

227452[/snapback]

227545[/snapback]

On the DS-230 it says:

227580[/snapback]

Thanks, David

You are right. I see it now. I didn't have the form magnified enough on the screen to read the fine print. :rolleyes:

I hope to be able to chat with Manyun in about 3 hours, if she is back in Nanning.

Mike

227583[/snapback]

Hey micheal i had a similar problem with a friend as well of my fiance .She was all way's right in her mind and after she caused a few problems with thing's and after my so was more familar with english and seeing these thing's decided the friend was not as competent as she thought .Now we decide thing's together as much as can be expected with a chinese fiance and her family but we now talk of thing's before i or her make any decision's that would effect both of us . This is a challenge that i am glad i have over come .and some time's parent's are right in what they say but now if parent's are involved we discuss thing's more together this is a big hurdle i feel i have over come in my relationship

Wait a minute!!!!!

227452[/snapback]

227545[/snapback]

On the DS-230 it says:

227580[/snapback]

Thanks, David

You are right. I see it now. I didn't have the form magnified enough on the screen to read the fine print. :angry:

Mike

227583[/snapback]

Hey micheal i had a similar problem with a friend as well of my fiance .She was all way's right in her mind and after she caused a few problems with thing's and after my so was more familar with english and seeing these thing's decided the friend was not as competent as she thought .Now we decide thing's together as much as can be expected with a chinese fiance and her family but we now talk of thing's before i or her make any decision's that would effect both of us . This is a challenge that i am glad i have over come .and some time's parent's are right in what they say but now if parent's are involved we discuss thing's more together this is a big hurdle i feel i have over come in my relationship

227666[/snapback]

Hey Kungfu -

I tried calling you yesterday but could not get an answer. I'll try you later on tonight. Hope all is well with you and everything works out for you in the best possible way.

Wheel Man

Wait a minute!!!!!

227452[/snapback]

227545[/snapback]

On the DS-230 it says:

227580[/snapback]

Thanks, David

You are right. I see it now. I didn't have the form magnified enough on the screen to read the fine print. :ph34r:

Mike

227583[/snapback]

227666[/snapback]

Hey Kungfu -

I tried calling you yesterday but could not get an answer. I'll try you later on tonight. Hope all is well with you and everything works out for you in the best possible way.

Wheel Man

227809[/snapback]

Hey Paul!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Just 'cause you and "bushey" are fellow texans (yeah I know that I did not capitalize) doesn't mean that you can tread all over my thread.

I leave on Saturday for almost the entire month of July. I'll be out of contact for the first week (Boy Scout camp), and then sporadic after that (travelling with my brother and sis-in-law to Poland).

Ok, ok. so I am also

:unsure:

This thread has run it's course anyway... :ph34r:

Michael

One more update

Incredibly, I received a reply from GUZ to my email, sent on Wednesday. Here is what I wrote, and their reply:

"I have called the Dept. Of State 3 times this week after learning that

the

beneficiary is not yet eligible for the interview. I know of several

people

that have submitted documents during similar time frames that have

interviews scheduled for August.

I have received 3 completely different answers from the DOS staff, one

of

which was a delayed name-check, and another answer was because

Guangzhou is

waiting for Part 2 of the DS-230 to be submitted (as K1, Part 2 is not

required). The third answer was that we needed to wait for 6 to 9

months for

the interview date. These answers are not acceptable.

I am asking for an update of my case status. If there is some document

that

was missing or improperly submitted by the beneficiary, I need to know

to

avoid further delay. Thank you for your consideration of this matter"

The reply:

"Thank you for your email. Please be advised that subject case is under

pre-interview name check procedure. We will arrange an interview as

soon as possible when the name check procedure is finished."

While I don't understand how this could be taking so long, at least I got my answer, and the first person I talked to at DOS was the one with the correct answer. So, I guess its back to the waiting game for me. Congratulations to all of you recent P4 recipients. I'm looking forward to all of your stories.

Michael

wow Michael...just read all of this. I am sorry to here about this as well. I sincerely hope that the interview will be scheduled fast. Please stay on top of DOS like a fly on a piece of food!! In addition, there is a paralegal guy in Nanning that has help us out tremendously!! I notice that Manyun is from Nanning as well. If we can be of help, please do not hesitate to let us know....again, wishing you both the very best!!!

Chef

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

Mike, have fun in Poland. I would offer to keep in touch with DOS for you but I'm afraid I might say something that I would regret, or at least I know you would regret. :coolthumb:

Mike, have fun in Poland.  I would offer to keep in touch with DOS for you but I'm afraid I might say something that I would regret, or at least I know you would regret.  :coolthumb:

227989[/snapback]

Thanks, Richard and Ron

At least through next week I will be able to call DOS on my cell phone. I know that it works from the Boy Scout camp I will be at. After I leave for Poland the following day, I'll have sporadic computer access, but no phone. So really, I will be out of phone contact with DOS for only about 2 1/2 weeks. We've waited this long. I told Richard that if things aren't broken loose by the time I return on the 25th, I'll get that name from him and start making other arrangements.

I will call DOS again this afternoon and see if I get get someone competent enough to be able to answer my question about this late name-check business.

Thanks again, Guys.

Michael

P.S. Paul (Wheelman)...you know I was kidding, right? Well, not about bushy or texas, though :yahoo: YeeHaw!!!!!

P.P.S Ron, it was actually the stress of not knowing if my committed trip to Poland was going to conflict with the interview (and throw in the spectre of a potential jury duty date) that caused me to blow off a bit of steam last week, know what I mean????? ;)

Mike, have fun in Poland.  I would offer to keep in touch with DOS for you but I'm afraid I might say something that I would regret, or at least I know you would regret.  :coolthumb:

227989[/snapback]

Thanks, Richard and Ron

At least through next week I will be able to call DOS on my cell phone. I know that it works from the Boy Scout camp I will be at. After I leave for Poland the following day, I'll have sporadic computer access, but no phone. So really, I will be out of phone contact with DOS for only about 2 1/2 weeks. We've waited this long. I told Richard that if things aren't broken loose by the time I return on the 25th, I'll get that name from him and start making other arrangements.

I will call DOS again this afternoon and see if I get get someone competent enough to be able to answer my question about this late name-check business.

Thanks again, Guys.

Michael

P.S. Paul (Wheelman)...you know I was kidding, right? Well, not about bushy or texas, though :yahoo: YeeHaw!!!!!

P.P.S Ron, it was actually the stress of not knowing if my committed trip to Poland was going to conflict with the interview (and throw in the spectre of a potential jury duty date) that caused me to blow off a bit of steam last week, know what I mean????? ;)

227991[/snapback]

Hey Michael -

Thanks for your response and letting me hear from you. Firstly, I can read a lot of possible frustration in your postings. As your buddy, I'd like to tell you that everything will work out in the long run and things will be fine ... you'll see. Secondly, I am a guy who does a lot of kidding to others. One thing I will always remember that my mother taught me is that if I'm going to dish it out I have to be able to take it, hum. Well, you don't worry about kidding me - I can take it, ok. But as far as politics, you know the Presidental family is originally from the north east - not Texas. And hell, if there were such a thing as an A-political person it would be me. Anyway, you hang in there and keep us all posted on your progress and what's happening in yours and Manyun's life - we all really care, ok.

Wheel Man

Guest pushbrk
Mike, have fun in Poland.  I would offer to keep in touch with DOS for you but I'm afraid I might say something that I would regret, or at least I know you would regret.   :yahoo:

227989[/snapback]

Thanks, Richard and Ron

Thanks again, Guys.

Michael

P.S. Paul (Wheelman)...you know I was kidding, right? Well, not about bushy or texas, though ;) YeeHaw!!!!!

227991[/snapback]

Hey Michael -

Thanks for your response and letting me hear from you. Firstly, I can read a lot of possible frustration in your postings. As your buddy, I'd like to tell you that everything will work out in the long run and things will be fine ... you'll see. Secondly, I am a guy who does a lot of kidding to others. One thing I will always remember that my mother taught me is that if I'm going to dish it out I have to be able to take it, hum. Well, you don't worry about kidding me - I can take it, ok. But as far as politics, you know the Presidental family is originally from the north east - not Texas. And hell, if there were such a thing as an A-political person it would be me. Anyway, you hang in there and keep us all posted on your progress and what's happening in yours and Manyun's life - we all really care, ok.

Wheel Man

227996[/snapback]

I don't understand why our Baja Oklahoma members think they can speak for "we all". Sure, I care about Michael and Manyun but I'm pretty sure Goat Boy couldn't care less. After all, Manyun is not a "sheeps goil". :coolthumb:

Shheesh.

Enjoy your trip, Michael. We'll keep the light on for ya.