I just read in Visa Journey and people are saying that (depending on the country), the consulate will send the P4 packet for CR-1 Visa to the assigned agent. If this is true then the consulate will send the packet to me in California and I have to send it back to China? Is this true? Can someone with experience verify this? Thank You.

really?!  :P  why do things become so complicated when it comes to me? :roller:

226033[/snapback]

Hi March, it looks like my situation is very similar to yours. I am also a CR-1 and my paperwork was forwarded to GZ in April 2006. My wife is getting her finger prints as told (friday in china) by the consulate. I don't know how much longer is the wait before the P4 packet.

I read on Visa Journey regarding my initial question so I was trying to find out if it is true from people who are gone through the process.

Hang tight guys. I can't tell you for certain, but,I'm pretty sure the p4 will go to your SO in China not to you. Our system is pretty screwy but not that bad.

Jen and I went K1 so this might be different, but in the time I have been here I haven't seen people dealing with this so I think it is the same. I am sure before long someone else who has gone CR-1 will chime in. :P

Guest pushbrk
Hang tight guys. I can't tell you for certain, but,I'm pretty sure the p4 will go to your SO in China not to you. Our system is pretty screwy but not that bad.

Jen and I went K1 so this might be different, but in the time I have been here I haven't seen people dealing with this so I think it is the same. I am sure before long someone else who has gone CR-1 will chime in. :P

226038[/snapback]

The agent only gets mail from NVC. The CR1 P4 goes to the beneficiary/applicant at their address of record.

really?!  :P  why do things become so complicated when it comes to me? :roller:

226033[/snapback]

Hi March, it looks like my situation is very similar to yours. I am also a CR-1 and my paperwork was forwarded to GZ in April 2006. My wife is getting her finger prints as told (friday in china) by the consulate. I don't know how much longer is the wait before the P4 packet.

I read on Visa Journey regarding my initial question so I was trying to find out if it is true from people who are gone through the process.

226036[/snapback]

I thought finger print should be conducted on the same day of interview. it is not fun to make a trip to GZ again and agian.