Hi, I am curious and would like to know if I am allowed to be in the interview with my wife? Mine is a CR-1 Visa if it makes any difference. I ask this because just in case something goes wrong I can be there to remedy the situation. Is the interview done in single room, cubicle or something else? If I am not allowed in the interview am I allowed to be close by or am I not allowed to be in the floor completely?

Thanks

Hi, I am curious and would like to know  if I am allowed to be in the interview with my wife?  Mine is a CR-1 Visa if it makes any difference.  I ask this because just in case something goes wrong I can be there to remedy the situation.  Is the interview done in single room, cubicle or something else?  If I am not allowed in the interview am I allowed to be close by or am I not allowed to be in the floor completely?

Thanks

226021[/snapback]

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in a word, no. As frustrating as it is, the petitioner is not allowed.

Hi, I am curious and would like to know  if I am allowed to be in the interview with my wife?  Mine is a CR-1 Visa if it makes any difference.  I ask this because just in case something goes wrong I can be there to remedy the situation.  Is the interview done in single room, cubicle or something else?  If I am not allowed in the interview am I allowed to be close by or am I not allowed to be in the floor completely?

Thanks

226021[/snapback]

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in a word, no. As frustrating as it is, the petitioner is not allowed.

226024[/snapback]

You are not allowed to participate. I think you can find some posts on the questions you ask. The process is not comfortable, friendly or easy

Hang in there !!!

The interview is done in a large room with "bank teller" windows. Your wife is by herself. There are a bunch of admin processing things when she checks in, then she gets a number and waits to be called. She stands in front of the window and there is a ledge that she can put her backup material on. In my view rehersal is very important and you can find a number of posts here covering that.

If she needs to leave the processing area for some good and sufficient reason she can get a pass and leave. My Lao Po came out to fix a form. When she is out you can talk with her and assist her. You should be waiting somewhere in the building where she can find you ... she will have checked her cellphone so don't rely on that.