Can we be proactive & send in new I-129F?

If this has been asked elsewhere, I apologize. Can we (any of us: K-1, K-3, CR-1) download the new I-129F forms and submit them now, before even receiving an RFE? And if so, would they append it to our existing cases, rather than a complete re-submittal with the fees and forms, etc.?

I do not mind filling out the new form, I just want to avoid any delays if at all possible! Thanks in advance.

Guest pushbrk
If this has been asked elsewhere, I apologize.  Can we (any of us: K-1, K-3, CR-1) download the new I-129F forms and submit them now, before even receiving an RFE?  And if so, would they append it to our existing cases, rather than a complete re-submittal with the fees and forms, etc.?

I do not mind filling out the new form, I just want to avoid any delays if at all possible!  Thanks in advance.

225284[/snapback]

I don't think anybody here knows the answer to your question. There is not experience to go on.

I'm curious though. You say you submitted your I-129F for K3 to NVC. (NVC is part of DOS.) Normally those petitions are submitted through the Chicago post office box, where they are forwarded to MSC (aka NBC) in Missouri. Your K3 NOA1 should have a case number beginning with MSC.

A couple days ago, I advised the husband of my wife's friend to withdraw a K3 petition he filed three days before but the circumstances were different. He used an out of date G325A form (missing the employment data) and mistakenly sent the petition to CSC instead of Chicago. He also failed to include a G325A for his wife. Knowing all this, as well as the very recent timing, I thought he was better off to withdraw the original petition and file a new one.

The only way I know of to find out whether your suggestion is a good idea for you, would be to contact USCIS directly at MSC and see if you can get a straight answer from them.

If this has been asked elsewhere, I apologize.  Can we (any of us: K-1, K-3, CR-1) download the new I-129F forms and submit them now, before even receiving an RFE?  And if so, would they append it to our existing cases, rather than a complete re-submittal with the fees and forms, etc.?

I do not mind filling out the new form, I just want to avoid any delays if at all possible!  Thanks in advance.

225284[/snapback]

Sounds like a damn good idea in theory but the USCIS is pretty much confused most of the time anyway, they would have a melt down if you did that something like that , if it were me I would just wait it out.

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)

225284[/snapback]

I don't think anybody here knows the answer to your question. There is not experience to go on.

I'm curious though. You say you submitted your I-129F for K3 to NVC. (NVC is part of DOS.) Normally those petitions are submitted through the Chicago post office box, where they are forwarded to MSC (aka NBC) in Missouri. Your K3 NOA1 should have a case number beginning with MSC.

A couple days ago, I advised the husband of my wife's friend to withdraw a K3 petition he filed three days before but the circumstances were different. He used an out of date G325A form (missing the employment data) and mistakenly sent the petition to CSC instead of Chicago. He also failed to include a G325A for his wife. Knowing all this, as well as the very recent timing, I thought he was better off to withdraw the original petition and file a new one.

The only way I know of to find out whether your suggestion is a good idea for you, would be to contact USCIS directly at MSC and see if you can get a straight answer from them.

225286[/snapback]

OK, I will contact them, thanks!

To answer your question; I did submit the I-129F to the Chicago PO Box. I was under the impression that the Chicago PO Box was the National Visa Center, I thought that is what the USCIS website called it... I may easily be wrong :P That is why I put that in my signature, should I change it to say: submitted thru Chicago? And yes, I the K-3 NOA1 has a MSC case number - whew!

Thanks again.

Guest pushbrk

225284[/snapback]

225286[/snapback]

OK, I will contact them, thanks!

To answer your question; I did submit the I-129F to the Chicago PO Box. I was under the impression that the Chicago PO Box was the National Visa Center, I thought that is what the USCIS website called it... I may easily be wrong :P That is why I put that in my signature, should I change it to say: submitted thru Chicago? And yes, I the K-3 NOA1 has a MSC case number - whew!

Thanks again.

225290[/snapback]

Yes, it gets a bit confusing. I-129F petitions for K3 already married, are mailed to Chicago and forwarded to the Missouri Service Center, MSC, aka National Benefits Center or NBC.

225286[/snapback]

I think you can count on NOT getting a straight answer - they are scurrying around trying to figure out what to do themselves. Under normal conditions, you might get 2 or 3 different answers from 3 or 4 calls.

If you want to try, first check visajourney.com and see if there is any talk over there about it. There are many other countries whose applications are processed quicker than China's. Feedback from those might come sooner than what you'll hear here.

If you want to try anyway, submit it with a cover letter explaining what you are doing and include your case number. Perhaps submitting ONLY new evidence (the new questions), and on a separate sheet of paper (not on the actual form).

I'm NOT any more optimistic than the others - You will still need to respond when you get an RFE.

225286[/snapback]

I think you can count on NOT getting a straight answer - they are scurrying around trying to figure out what to do themselves. Under normal conditions, you might get 2 or 3 different answers from 3 or 4 calls.

If you want to try, first check visajourney.com and see if there is any talk over there about it. There are many other countries whose applications are processed quicker than China's. Feedback from those might come sooner than what you'll hear here.

If you want to try anyway, submit it with a cover letter explaining what you are doing and include your case number. Perhaps submitting ONLY new evidence (the new questions), and on a separate sheet of paper (not on the actual form).

I'm NOT any more optimistic than the others - You will still need to respond when you get an RFE.

225292[/snapback]

OK, thanks.

So am I to understand that K-3/CR-1's will definately be receiving an RFE? Or is that still unknown?

Guest pushbrk

225286[/snapback]

225292[/snapback]

OK, thanks.

So am I to understand that K-3/CR-1's will definately be receiving an RFE? Or is that still unknown?

225294[/snapback]

CR1's will not. K3 is still unknown.

225286[/snapback]

225292[/snapback]

I asked this same question in another thread and it was suggested to me that I should not submit another I-129F and to wait it out. Are people changing their minds about this? :)

Posted on: Jun 15 2006, 08:08 PM

Steely Dan and Dodger Fan

Group: Members

Member No.: 2367

Here's something that crossed my mind: Are people, not necessarily on CFL, filling out these new I-129F's before they even hear from USCIS in the effort to get the jump on everyone else? I know how some people can't wait to get ahead of everyone else. These are the same kind of people who will go to the head of a waiting line and butt in. I don't want to fill it out until they request it. Am I wrong? dry.gif

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

No - this is MY suggestion about how to (possibly) merge the new data in with your existing application without appearing to submit a new application, if you want to do that.

I am NOT optimistic - keep an eye on VJ for new developments.

225286[/snapback]

225292[/snapback]

I asked this same question in another thread and it was suggested to me that I should not submit another I-129F and to wait it out. Are people changing their minds about this? :o

Here's something that crossed my mind: Are people, not necessarily on CFL, filling out these new I-129F's before they even hear from USCIS in the effort to get the jump on everyone else? I know how some people can't wait to get ahead of everyone else. These are the same kind of people who will go to the head of a waiting line and butt in. I don't want to fill it out until they request it. Am I wrong? dry.gif

225324[/snapback]

Ok then, if everyone else said its ok then I change my mind too?

225286[/snapback]

225292[/snapback]

I asked this same question in another thread and it was suggested to me that I should not submit another I-129F and to wait it out. Are people changing their minds about this? :o

225324[/snapback]

225335[/snapback]

And I knew you would, Mikey. :D

225286[/snapback]

225292[/snapback]

225324[/snapback]

225335[/snapback]

225337[/snapback]

You are a smart Man Ron :D

225286[/snapback]

225292[/snapback]

225324[/snapback]

225335[/snapback]

225337[/snapback]

You are a smart Man Ron :D

225339[/snapback]

Hold that thought, I might need it later. :D