This is probally not a concern .But my fiance asked me and I thought I would be able to get a good answer here.She has a concern that her father is in the CCP I told her I did not think it would matter as long as she is not.She is not a member of the ccp

It does not matter.

My SO's dad and mom were CCP, her sister-in-law is CCP, and one uncle and two aunts are CCP.

Never came up.

I don't think the Chinese Communist Party advocates the overthrow of the US govt like the Soviet and Vietnamese Communists did.

It does not matter.

My SO's dad and mom were CCP, her sister-in-law is CCP, and one uncle and two aunts are CCP.

Never came up.

I don't think the Chinese Communist Party advocates the overthrow of the US govt like the Soviet and Vietnamese Communists did.

225209[/snapback]

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE JUST TRYING TO COVER ALL BASE'S

It does not matter.

Never came up.

225209[/snapback]

Right about it doesn't matter.

On the other hand the CCP may have intentions of taking over the US govmt, but first they will negotiate price before the make the purchase. :)

Doesnt matter. My wife's dad was a provincial "governor" and her brother, sister, uncles, and brother-in-law are all CCP. My wife wanted to go to school in the US back a dozen or so years ago, so she opted not to join. She didn't end up going, but that worked out for the two of us anyway :)

Doesnt matter.  My wife's dad was a provincial "governor" and her brother, sister, uncles, and brother-in-law are all CCP.  My wife wanted to go to school in the US back a dozen or so years ago, so she opted not to join.  She didn't end up going, but that worked out for the two of us anyway :)

225319[/snapback]

I wonder if my SO's dad knows your SO's dad...

I've got two Commies in my family now, many more if we count uncles, aunts and cousins. Many people join because it is often a pre-requisite to getting a better job.

If moving to China I wonder if they would bar us for being either a Democrat, Republican or Independent.

225342[/snapback]

Yes, or maybe No :o

It does not matter.

Never came up.

225209[/snapback]

Cannot imagine. The in-law of Commies works for US government. Maybe they need to update the book.

I hate the Commies before 1970. They killed 600,000 Chinese people during Land Reformation (tu gai), not including the victims of Cultural Revolution.

It does not matter.

Never came up.

225209[/snapback]

Cannot imagine. The in-law of Commies works for US government. Maybe they need to update the book.

I hate the Commies before 1970. They killed 600,000 Chinese people during Land Reformation (tu gai), not including the victims of Cultural Revolution.

225473[/snapback]

Work is work, and family is family.

And the parents-in-law are retired.

No big deal.

Edited by A Mafan (see edit history)

No big deal.

225535[/snapback]

I know. Commies and US government were enemies before Richard Nixon visited China. Now, not buddies, but sort of friends.

They need to update the book which will save you guys lots of trouble and tears of some Chinese women.

No big deal.

225535[/snapback]

I know. Commies and US government were enemies before Richard Nixon visited China. Now, not buddies, but sort of friends.

They need to update the book which will save you guys lots of trouble and tears of some Chinese women.

225620[/snapback]

..."the book"?

Guest pushbrk

No big deal.

225535[/snapback]

225620[/snapback]

..."the book"?

225653[/snapback]

I think she means it as in "by the book".

I don't recall anyplace in the required documents that asks if the SO's parents or other family are CCP members. And I don't recall a specific instance where a VO asked that question. The concern seems to be with the beneficiary (SO), so you shouldn't have a problem.

My wife's father also was a provincial governor, now retired, and she has other family and in-laws who are CCP. The question never came up at interview, and was never asked anywhere in the documents.