This stuff is scary

Anyone else get terrified of this whole process? It seems I read a couple of timelines and get comforted, then I read some more, and get panicy again. I am new to this stuff. I just read the I-129F callback thing.

I am married, and used that I-129F to file for the K-3 once I had the I-130 processing.

Anyone heard of callbacks or screwups related to that?

I got my I-130 approval in the mail, and email. Also got the Choice of Agent and bill for I-864. Sent those in overnight. I haven't gotten anything saying K-3 or I-129F approved yet.

Does the I-130 paperwork/process become the K-3 process once you send in the I-129F?

I sent in the I-129F the day I got the receipt from the I-130. I thought the K-3 was faster than the I-130. I was wondering if they process them seperately, or if both go on at the same time.

It took roughly 4 months for the I-130 approval. Seems the I-129f should have been close behind shouldnt it?

Is it possible they decided to go with the I-130 and dropped the K-3?

Or it got recalled in the mess that's going on now?

Sorry if I seem like an idiot. All these forms, and this' and that's, I get so lost and worry constantly. If you knew me, and knew my luck you'd worry also, lol.

Just hoping someone could give me a little description of what happens. From the initial I-130, to the I-129F , to approval. If they process together, seperately.

Guest pushbrk
Anyone else get terrified of this whole process? It seems I read a couple of timelines and get comforted, then I read some more, and get panicy again. I am new to this stuff. I just read the I-129F callback thing. 

I am married, and used that I-129F to file for the K-3 once I had the I-130  processing.

I got my I-130 approval in the mail, and email. Also got the Choice of Agent and bill for I-864. Sent those in overnight. I haven't gotten anything saying K-3 or I-129F approved yet.

Does the I-130 paperwork/process become the K-3 process once you send in the I-129F

I sent in the I-129F the day I got the receipt from the I-130. I thought the K-3 was faster than the I-130. I was wondering if they process them seperately, or if both go on at the same time.

It took roughly 4 months for the I-130 approval. Seems the I-129f should have been close behind shouldnt it?

Sorry if I seem like an idiot. All these forms, and this' and that's, I get so lost and worry constantly. If you knew me, and knew my luck you'd worry also, lol.

Just hoping someone could give me a little description of what happens. From the initial I-130, to the I-129F , to approval. If they process together, seperately.

225127[/snapback]

The two petitions process separately at separate service centers. You should have mailed your I-129F to a post office box in Chicago from which it would be transferred to the National Benefits Center in Missouri.

Depending on the date you filed your I-129F it may be in the group held up pending the approval of a supplimentary questionaire. If your NOA1 (notice of petition receipt) date is March 6 or later, this is probably why you haven't heard anything on the K3 petition.

We can be of greater assistance if you will add a detailed timeline to your signature. You can do this by typing it one time when you "edit signature". To do this, click your name/handle anywhere you see it in red, scroll down to edit signature.

Anyone else get terrified of this whole process? It seems I read a couple of timelines and get comforted, then I read some more, and get panicy again. I am new to this stuff. I just read the I-129F callback thing.0„2

I am married, and used that I-129F to file for the K-3 once I had the I-1300„2 processing.

Does the I-130 paperwork/process become the K-3 process once you send in the I-129F?0„2

225127[/snapback]

The two petitions process separately at separate service centers. You should have mailed your I-129F to a post office box in Chicago from which it would be transferred to the National Benefits Center in Missouri.

Depending on the date you filed your I-129F it may be in the group held up pending the approval of a supplimentary questionaire. If your NOA1 (notice of petition receipt) date is March 6 or later, this is probably why you haven't heard anything on the K3 petition.

We can be of greater assistance if you will add a detailed timeline to your signature. You can do this by typing it one time when you "edit signature". To do this, click your name/handle anywhere you see it in red, scroll down to edit signature.

225146[/snapback]

I didnt know I could send it in to different offices. When I called USCIS with questions they told me, "You have to send it to the office with jurisdiction over your area, sending it to the wrong office will result in delays while we foward it." I always get a different answer when I call them. One person says ,"Yes do it like this", the other person might say "Noooo don't do it, that is wrong and will result in delays."

So, I sent it to the Texas office as I am in Alabama. My reciept stating they got my payment was from the California office.

It sounds like everything in your two petitions is going as one would expect.. 4 months approval for I-130 is average (unless you file at vermont and it's even faster). You are right on track with that...

Sounds like your already started the NVC paper shuffle.. If you stay on top of that, you can get through there in 2-3 months; unfortunately some take as long as 6 months.. so just prepare in advance and return everything quickly. The timing in this stage is driven mostly by you.

The I-129F/K3 is probably held up, as Mike said... which we expected... and could of guessed this means the CR1s take a lead in maybe being faster for a while.

The CR1 is a much better visa to get anyway.. she can arrive in the US as a permanent resident and bypass any adjustment of status in the US (as most K3s do)

Your really in a good spot, given what's going on with the K3s right now.. keep truck'n with the CR1...

I can add you to our member timeline if you post that info... it will also be easier for us to advise (or should i say 'consult' :D )...

Understand the process, focus on your case, and prepare...

Welcome to CFL :D

Anyone else get terrified of this whole process? It seems I read a couple of timelines and get comforted, then I read some more, and get panicy again. I am new to this stuff. I just read the I-129F callback thing.??

I am married, and used that I-129F to file for the K-3 once I had the I-130?? processing.

Does the I-130 paperwork/process become the K-3 process once you send in the I-129F???

225127[/snapback]

225146[/snapback]

I didnt know I could send it in to different offices. When I called USCIS with questions they told me, "You have to send it to the office with jurisdiction over your area, sending it to the wrong office will result in delays while we foward it." I always get a different answer when I call them. One person says ,"Yes do it like this", the other person might say "Noooo don't do it, that is wrong and will result in delays."

So, I sent it to the Texas office as I am in Alabama. My reciept stating they got my payment was from the California office.

225168[/snapback]

clarify your petition you are referring to that went to TSC and then CSC..

THis is correct for I-130.

The I-129F goes to chicago, as Mike said... [ The mailing addresses are in the instruction sheet for the petition.. fiancee goes to USCIS; spouse to Chicago ]

Anyone else get terrified of this whole process? It seems I read a couple of timelines and get comforted, then I read some more, and get panicy again. I am new to this stuff. I just read the I-129F callback thing.??

I am married, and used that I-129F to file for the K-3 once I had the I-130?? processing.

Does the I-130 paperwork/process become the K-3 process once you send in the I-129F???

225127[/snapback]

225146[/snapback]

225168[/snapback]

clarify your petition you are referring to that went to TSC and then CSC..

THis is correct for I-130.

The I-129F goes to chicago, as Mike said... [ The mailing addresses are in the instruction sheet for the petition.. fiancee goes to USCIS; spouse to Chicago ]

[*Maybe I sent the I-129f to Texas also, that I cannot recall. Pretty sure I sent it to whatever address was in the instructions that printed out with the form. I double check, then triple check, then check again and make sure all fees, documents, and what not are included.

I cannot confirm I sent it there, wish I could remember. The reciept notice I have was mailed from them, if that helps.

Our mail sometimes gets stuck in the wrong boxes, my parents had my I-129f reciept just found today. My father has the same name as me, so he opened it, saw it was mine, but only a reciept and stuck it away for safe keeping. He didnt know what it was for, so no hard feelings about it.

I still fear this callback however. My date is definetly beyond March 6. It is April 13. Hope this won't affect us, being I used it for spouse and not fiance....gah why can't they have a seperate form. I-129s or something like that.

Sorry if I seem like a moron, I'm a really nice person, this all is making me nuts. Can't sleep most nights, and most posts I make are like 1-3am delerious from no sleep. Thanks for all the replies and advice, it's easy to panic with no one to talk to except USCIS.

[*I reread the I-129f form, yup...i looks like I did send it to Texas, never noticed the little chicago address at the bottom.

My only consolation that I might not be stuck in the delay is what i read

on this site.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegram...grams_2927.html

3. NVC was able to run a data base list of all petitions

meeting these criteria. We have notified those

posts that have received these cases and given them the

case numbers and further instructions. All cases on this

list, even those with firm appointments or in 221(g)

status, are to be delayed while the petition is returned

for further information. No cases in issued status will

be recalled. If posts have any question about the correct

priority date of the K1 case, they should use the priority

date (receipt date) written or stamped on the original

petition. DHS has not requested return of K3 or K4 I-129F

petitions.

Maybe, just maybe even though I sent it to the wrong address...they opened it up and said "Ohh, this goes to Chicago." . Then fowarded it to Chicago, and it didn't get put in the group of K-1 I-129Fs.

I called USCIS out of sheer...curiosity, told the lady about this delay, and about sending it to Texas possibly by mistake . She checked the status, and told me "It says here they are processing all forms with dates before March 6." DUH!!!!!!! That's why I was calling...I rephrased, told her the site with delay info...about the recall...and she just repeats.

Something tells me, I'm in the delay bin too.

[*I reread the I-129f form, yup...i looks like I did send it to Texas, never noticed the little chicago address at the bottom.

on this site.

3.  NVC was able to run a data base list of all petitions

meeting these criteria.  We have notified those

case numbers and further instructions.  All cases on this

for further information.  No cases in issued status will

be recalled.  If posts have any question about the correct

petition.  DHS has not requested return of K3 or K4 I-129F

petitions.

Maybe, just maybe even though I sent it to the wrong address...they opened it up and said "Ohh, this goes to Chicago." . Then fowarded it to Chicago, and it didn't get put in the group of K-1  I-129Fs.

I called USCIS out of sheer...curiosity, told the lady about this delay, and about sending it to Texas possibly by mistake . She checked the status, and told me "It says here they are processing all forms with dates before March 6." DUH!!!!!!! That's why I was calling...I rephrased, told her the site with delay info...about the recall...and she just repeats.

225186[/snapback]

I like the part in

DHS has not requested return of K3 or K4 I-129F

petitions.

Guest pushbrk

on this site.

3.  NVC was able to run a data base list of all petitions

meeting these criteria.  We have notified those

case numbers and further instructions.  All cases on this

for further information.  No cases in issued status will

be recalled.  If posts have any question about the correct

petition.  DHS has not requested return of K3 or K4 I-129F

petitions.

Maybe, just maybe even though I sent it to the wrong address...they opened it up and said "Ohh, this goes to Chicago." . Then fowarded it to Chicago, and it didn't get put in the group of K-1  I-129Fs.

225186[/snapback]

If you have an NOA1 for your I-129 F, it should have a case number beginning with MSC, not CSC or TSC. If it has MSC, then it eventually got to the right place. All K3 petitions are processed at MSC (Kansas City) If You don't have an MSC number for your I-129F there may be an entirely different problem. Somebody may not have noticed it's K3 instead of K1.

When they refer to notifying "posts" they are referring to Consulates, not service centers. In all likelyhood, your K3 is being held at a service center until they send you the RFE questionaire to bring your petition into compliance with IMBRA.

[*

[Wow, you guys are pros. I dig around on the internet, and never come up with anything. Sad thing is I'm a computer tech, seems like I'd know how to use a search engine.

I am so glad I found this forum. I never knew about the MSC, CSC, TSC thing. I just assumed it was some random barcode or whatever.

Yea, it has MSC on it. So that is a relief to me to hear that it was noticed as the K3. Maybe no RFE for me!

I spent the better part of the day trying to find an offshore job, for the 14 days work, 14 days off...so that I might see her if this was drug out indefinetly. Still wish I could find work like that. Hope I can help you all out someday.

Thanks so much for putting my mind at ease

Guest pushbrk
[*

[Wow, you guys are pros. I dig around on the internet, and never come up with anything. Sad thing is I'm a computer tech, seems like I'd know how to use a search engine.

I am so glad I found this forum. I never knew about the MSC, CSC, TSC thing. I just assumed it was some random barcode or whatever.

Yea, it has MSC on it. So that is a relief to me to hear that it was noticed as the K3. Maybe no RFE for me!

I spent the better part of the day trying to find an offshore job, for the 14 days work, 14 days off...so that I might see her if this was drug out indefinetly. Still wish I could find work like that. Hope I can help you all out someday.

Thanks so much for putting my mind at ease

225279[/snapback]

We haven't been able to reliably determine whether K3 petitions will get the IMBRA related RMB. Nobody here has reported seeing one yet.