• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All timelines and graphs have been updated for the Aug interviews... We've tied the current year high with 17 interviews (same as March).

Good luck to all !

---------

Next weekend, I hope to roll out a new Timeline Interface... It will be more functional in that it will have drop down menus for all the best links grouped by topic.

I think I will put it in the Links & Resources area, but will post something when it's up... and probably unpin this one...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

A few more posted Aug interviews, so all charts/graphs were updated... Each month we get some who do not report their interview date but then post the experience, so I'm sure that I'll pick up some later.

Due to the large number of data points (relatively speaking), we can see one trend clearly, that we have known to exist for a long time: The P4-IV days are like a 'retreating fill'... the later the notice of interview, the shorter the time till the interview.

Here's a graph just to show it for Aug...

- The y-axis is number of days.

- The x-asis is day of month. You should read this right to left as approaching the interview month of Aug (ie: June received P4s are on the right and move left into July received P4s). As members get their P4, the number of days diminishes.

What we also see, which is historically consistent, and interesting is that at the start of a new month (in this case, look at where june ends and july starts), the number of days seems to 'reset' to a higher value... and then taper off again.

This data points are based on, in some cases, P4 received and P4 'guessed' received (based on a comment P4 was mailed without any update as to when it was received... in order to keep the points using the same reference (received date), the actual received dates for some may be a day or two different... and some adjacent points might flip flop... but the overall trend is clear nonetheless.

- You can also notice that about half are received in each month (june and july), with a majority spanning about two weeks (just prior to end of june and beginning of july). this is consistent as well; that P4 issuance is highest in this window.

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Graphs/CFL_Aug06_P4-IV.jpg

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

The new Timeline Interface is in Links & Resources...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

You can try it out and let me know of any problems as mentioned in that thread.

It has menus for all the best links I think I have seen here...

I am hoping to add into it some sort of "Document Guide" for very form submitted in the process, since I think this is a very hot topic that is not well covered by the FAQs and maybe can be done in this medium...