You people haven't obviously been in the boy scouts or military. I do agree that my SO's bed was like a board, but why complain when I had the most beautiful woman in the world laying next to me? I didn't have that being in the boy scouts or military. As for her preference? She really doesn't care. I think she feels the same as I do. We can sleep anywhere, as long as we can lay close to each other.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people haven't obviously been in the boy scouts or military. I do agree that my SO's bed was like a board, but why complain when I had the most beautiful woman in the world laying next to me? I didn't have that being in the boy scouts or military. As for her preference? She really doesn't care. I think she feels the same as I do. We can sleep anywhere, as long as we can lay close to each other.

228015[/snapback]

Yes. Gee thay can make everything good.

228015[/snapback]

I agree!

They should try sleeping in a rice paddie durning a monsoon.

A board feels like heaven compared to that!

I don't care where I sleep as long as she in laying next to me.

Well, sure, but the point was just the difference in culture. Enough beds that I slept in were firm enough that I assumed it was part of Chinese culture to sleep on extremely hard beds. The responses seem to have shown that there are exceptions, but not maybe. It's been a good talk.

Chinese beds appear to be a plywood plank with about 1 inch of padding and a sheet on top of that.  This is based on my experiences on about 15 different beds over time, in both the north and south.

224269[/snapback]

1" padding?? Really?? :roller:

224276[/snapback]

yes, this is true... sometimes i sleep on my stomach, I can't on the chinese befs, it hurts my ribs. she likes it hard. Ilike a cushy bed

The solution is a Tempurpedic. They start out firm, but conform to your body. So they soften up for my 6' 230# frame, but my wife at 5'3" 108# its almost flat and very firm. She doesn't sink into it too much. She likes it very much. "not too soft" Also she seems not to snore when she is on it, which is priceless to me :D

Edit - They must not be ill-boding! Mine is new and bodes well. The old one is also a tempurpedic, and goes in the paper next week if I have time, but I won't mention it is ill-boding. :D

Edited by mercator (see edit history)