A Brand New Immigrant Is in PA!!!

Hi, everyone!!!

My baby girl is here safe and sound -- 20 minutes ahead of schedule!!

Other than a little cold carried over from Shanghai, she is well on the road to go! Don't I envy her age!!! Her passport was stamped for a temp green card -- one year and the real one will arrive 6-9 months. (Used to be 6-8 weeks, surprised?) Anyway, I am happy and will be around to hear more good news from everyone!!! I also like to thank all of you for helping me through this difficult, unnecessary and ridiculous waiting ordeal!

http://www.visadelays.com/ViewAlbum.asp?album=45

Charlotte,

So wonderful the ordeal was a success finally and you can now relax AND your daughter can start her American education. (after how many semester delay? :) :blink: Sheesh, I tell ya)

Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend...you know where I'LL BE! :( :unsure: :) Sending MY greetings from Shenzhen - hope I can connect to Candle :blink:

Oh, this is so wonderful!!!! I had been sharing the waiting with you for the last several months and am now happy for both of you. She looks so thrilled and happy there in the airport and you two look so nice together, like two sisters!!! Nice room, what a lucky girl!!! Such a deeply held desire and for so long, this reunion is a great fulfillment. And America is lucky to have a beautiful young China lady as a new immigrant.

Thank you, guys for your warm and kind words. Yes, she is lucky to start her life in the US as easy as any kids grown up here. I remember where I was at 19 -- in the farm rice field!!! I promised her a college education and her first car -- VW beetle. The rest is on her own! She has a lot to adjust. Today she managed to read the instructions on the map and guided me to the SS office while I was driving. Quite proud of herself!

Wonderful news Charlotte. It's so special after such a long ordeal. I hope your daughter gets settled in and adjusted to the new time zone quickly. And thank you Charlotte for all your help. You have been such a support and a friendly voice for so many of us. Li sends her regards and heart-felt congratualations as well.

:lol: :D :P

Wonderful news Charlotte. It's so special after such a long ordeal. I hope your daughter gets settled in and adjusted to the new time zone quickly. And thank you Charlotte for all  your help. You have been such a support and a friendly voice for so many of us. Li sends her regards and heart-felt  congratualations as well.

:lol:  :D  ;)

Just think about her being here is a huge relief! On the night she was up in the air, I woke up every10-15 minutes during the 4 hours I was in bed. It would be easier if I were with her the whole time, which was the orignal plan in Aug. The final wait was just as nerve-racking if not any worse than the visa delay.

You are welcome, Mick. We are all here for one another. Candle has been an emtional outlet for all of us. I hope we can continue this momentum and help the rest of blackholers as well as the newcomers. Even without this delay, the entire visa process is already a long drawn-out struggle for us. The delay is just adding more salt to the wound!!!

Saw your GZ reunion pictures - What a view! Did you wish to be an octopus so that you could hold all those beautiful women in your 8 arms?

;) :lol: :o :huh: :D Shuh, don't let Li hear it! :D

Wonderful news Charlotte. It's so special after such a long ordeal. I hope your daughter gets settled in and adjusted to the new time zone quickly. And thank you Charlotte for all  your help. You have been such a support and a friendly voice for so many of us. Li sends her regards and heart-felt  congratualations as well.

;)  ;)  :huh:

Just think about her being here is a huge relief! On the night she was up in the air, I woke up every10-15 minutes during the 4 hours I was in bed. It would be easier if I were with her the whole time, which was the orignal plan in Aug. The final wait was just as nerve-racking if not any worse than the visa delay.

You are welcome, Mick. We are all here for one another. Candle has been an emtional outlet for all of us. I hope we can continue this momentum and help the rest of blackholers as well as the newcomers. Even without this delay, the entire visa process is already a long drawn-out struggle for us. The delay is just adding more salt to the wound!!!

Saw your GZ reunion pictures - What a view! Did you wish to be an octopus so that you could hold all those beautiful women in your 8 arms?

:o :D :P :D ;) Shuh, don't let Li hear it! :P

An octopus and a half. I would have needed a total of twelve arms! :D :lol: :lol:

Charlotte, congratulation for you, your husband and daughter, finally all together here in the US. Yes your daughter is very lucky to be here at such a young age. Now her future can be whatever she wants it to be. There is no limit all she has to do is decide what she really wants to do.

I am sure it will take her a few months to get settled and acclimated but I am sure she will have no problem.

Take care, and good luck.