I think you get a totally new passport. Even if you don't , you can always make a notarized copy of the old one including all the pages inside. You may want to do it, just in case.

223420[/snapback]

So I assume I don't get to keep my old passport.

I think you get a totally new passport. Even if you don't , you can always make a notarized copy of the old one including all the pages inside. You may want to do it, just in case.

223420[/snapback]

223422[/snapback]

Several years ago when I renewed my passport, they also gave me back my old passport.

223420[/snapback]

223422[/snapback]

Several years ago when I renewed my passport, they also gave me back my old passport.

223423[/snapback]

That's good. I think having my fiance give the SO my passport with all the proof of my China trips has a stronger effect then just a notorized paper copy. Hopefully she will get the interview this year before it expires.

Guest pushbrk
If I need to re-new my passport, do I lose my proof of the trips I took to China?  Do they move the stamped pages over to the new passport?

Thanks

223418[/snapback]

I renewed my passport in September, 2005. I did it through the mail, including mailing my old passport in. The old one was returned with two holes punched in the scannable portion and a "Cancelled" stamp across my signature.

I would make a notarized copy anyway, in case it gets lost in the mail.

If I need to re-new my passport, do I lose my proof of the trips I took to China?  Do they move the stamped pages over to the new passport?

Thanks

223418[/snapback]

I renewed my passport in September, 2005. I did it through the mail, including mailing my old passport in. The old one was returned with two holes punched in the scannable portion and a "Cancelled" stamp across my signature.

223425[/snapback]

Thx much for the info. How long did it take for the new passport to show up?

Guest pushbrk

Thanks

223418[/snapback]

223425[/snapback]

223434[/snapback]

You decide if you pay for expedited service and overnight shipping. I wasn't in the biggest of hurries but I did pay for expedited service and regular mailing.

I just googled "passport renewal"

Go here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/renew/renew_833.html

If I need to re-new my passport, do I lose my proof of the trips I took to China??Do they move the stamped pages over to the new passport?

Thanks

223418[/snapback]

223425[/snapback]

223434[/snapback]

You decide if you pay for expedited service and overnight shipping. I wasn't in the biggest of hurries but I did pay for expedited service and regular mailing.

I just googled "passport renewal"

Go here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/renew/renew_833.html

223444[/snapback]

Thx pushbrk

223420[/snapback]

223422[/snapback]

223423[/snapback]

Same here - about 5 years ago. The old one came back with holes punched in it.

Thanks

223418[/snapback]

I think when you re-new your passport, you are issued a new passport, and the old passport will be returned to you with corner cut.

I've seen people using a valid passport and an old passport with corner-cut.