affidavit of support

This is my question I have seen where it say's and do not know if this is true that the bank staement's and documents are only good for 45 day's .As well I have been told they are good for a year? would like some clarification on this if possible.As well is it better to send these thing's to my fiance to take to the interview or to the consulate .If the actually do check the petion before the actual interview then would it not be better to send to them before hand my only worry with this is it took from the nvc 4 months to get the packet 3 to my fiance so i worry the paer's would be sitting some where and would not be available when the interview takes place

Guest pushbrk
This is my question I have seen where it say's and do not know if this is true that the bank staement's and documents are only good for 45 day's .As well I have been told they are good for a year? would like some clarification on this if possible.As well is it better to send these thing's to my fiance to take to the interview or to the consulate .If the actually do check the petion before the actual interview  then would it not be better to send to them before hand my only worry with this is it took from the nvc 4 months to get the packet 3 to my fiance so i worry the paer's would be sitting some where and would not be available when the interview takes place

223343[/snapback]

If I were in your shoes, (I'm about 10 days ahead of you.) I would send all papers you are going to send, NOW. If your wife does not already have the Notarized Police report and Single Certifications in hand, then she should obtain them ASAP. Sometimes there is as little as 10 days to two weeks notice between P4 and interview.

While your fiance's interview is more likely in August it could be as early as early July. The P3 requires you fiance to state she already has these documents on hand before returning the OF-169. I take it you did as most of do and returned the document even though not all documents were on hand. Now is the time to have them on hand.

To answer your question, don't send the papers to the consulate. send them to your SO. she will take everything to the med exam. they will seperate them and put some in an envelope fore the consulate. she will hand carry all suporting evidence to be available at the consulate at the time of her interview.

you were one of a few cases which left NVC in Jan... and for some reason, all of those cases were 'held-up' in a sense... All of those cases got their P3 in May. So yours was frankly, on time with those released from NVC in Jan (except your first P3 mail snafu from the consulate; although another person had a P3 issue as well).

You should send all the papers now. There should be no worry about expirations at this point.

The only issue you might want to confirm is to call DOS and ask if the namecheck is done.. that would be the only hold up/delay at this point...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
This is my question I have seen where it say's and do not know if this is true that the bank staement's and documents are only good for 45 day's .As well I have been told they are good for a year? would like some clarification on this if possible.As well is it better to send these thing's to my fiance to take to the interview or to the consulate .If the actually do check the petion before the actual interview  then would it not be better to send to them before hand my only worry with this is it took from the nvc 4 months to get the packet 3 to my fiance so i worry the paer's would be sitting some where and would not be available when the interview takes place

223343[/snapback]

If I were in your shoes, (I'm about 10 days ahead of you.) I would send all papers you are going to send, NOW. If your wife does not already have the Notarized Police report and Single Certifications in hand, then she should obtain them ASAP. Sometimes there is as little as 10 days to two weeks notice between P4 and interview.

While your fiance's interview is more likely in August it could be as early as early July. The P3 requires you fiance to state she already has these documents on hand before returning the OF-169. I take it you did as most of do and returned the document even though not all documents were on hand. Now is the time to have them on hand.

223346[/snapback]

I can attest to that. We had 16 days from P4 to the scheduled interview, and it was a STRESS getting all that stuff together in that short of a time. I fired off a $90 UPS mega express package that arrived in just 2.5 days, but she spent several days getting the documents she needed together, and scheduling the doctor appointment, which really is a two day project, since you spend most of one day waiting and getting checked, then you have to go back the next day to get the sealed envelope anyway. Then we crammed for the potential questions, verifying she knew the answers to the hundred or so chinese-language questions posted somewhere on here.

Sooner is better. You don't need to rush, but you should move along in a timely manner. No reason not to expect that P4 to come in the first or second week in July, holiday or no holiday. I think that the bank statements should be timely, but I have as yet not seen a set shelflife on them. Mine were about three weeks old when she went to the consulate, and they never looked at them, nor my I-134, but this is definitely the exception to the rule. If you are worried about it, you could email them to your SO as you get them, subsequent to the package you send. I did this with my phone records, since we talked about 25-30 hours in those days between P4 and IV. (We talk about 2 hours a day most days).

Good luck on getting a P4 soon, and an interview date you are happy with.

Yours,

Merc