We made it to the LIGHT too!

We have just completed the LAST step. Jen's daughter received her green card in the mail today! Both Jen and Lia got the 10 year permanent resident card. So we are really, really done!!!! I can't even begin to describe the feeling.

I do want to give my sincere thank to CFL and everyone that helped to keep me, along with everyone else, sane during this whole process.

Right now I'm holding our baby while he's watching and listening to animated songs on the computer, Jen is cooking, our son and daughter B) one is getting ready to go to a birthday party the other is playing the SIMs. Is that a simple American dream or what? :smoker:

One little sad thing is Jen, our daughter, and our baby will be going to China to visit after almost 3 years. They're leaving next Sunday. So it will be me and my son by ourselves again for 5 weeks. We all wanted to go but we have our house of the market and I can't leave my job right now so we get to hold down the fort. :o

Thanks again to my CFL family! :D :D :D

Edited by Tom & Jen (see edit history)

I have a question that has been bothering me from the start of this process. What happens after the Ten Year Green Card Expires??? How is it really over after our wives, or husbands receive them??? If it is only good for ten years, is it really over??? I can only conclude that they are expected to have "Naturalized" by the end of 12 years. How long does it take to Naturalize after they arrive??? I know they have to apply in someway, and I know there is a history test involved. Mind you the youth of this country hasn't had any kind of clue as to who was president, when, for decades now. Nor can they tell you what major advents formed this country, nor can they actually count change anymore. Forgive me, I digress :lol: Back to my original question, what happens after the 10 year green card??? :blink:

Edited by obxtrainman (see edit history)
How long does it take to Naturalize after they arrive??? 

223949[/snapback]

Spouses of US Citizens are allowed to file for Naturalization after three years.

So the choices are keep renewing the green card every ten years or Naturalize any time after three years. This itself has brought up some debate as some may want to keep their Chinese citizenship. It has it's benefits for couples who plan to retire in China.