My wife was granted her CR-1 visa on April 26th and we flew home to Virginia on June 2nd. We've spent the last few days eating grilled chicken, walking on the farm, and enjoying life in the good ole USA. Im so proud of her - she is a Chinese woman through and through but she is adapting well and bears all her worries with a smile. No complaints except for the lack of la jiao ... she's from Guizhou and our southern fare is a little bland for her taste. Anyway, the big questions is now what? I know we have to get her permanent residency status and then move on to full citizenship but who do we contact? I thought there used to be a forum or subforum for new arrivals but I guess its gone or Im blind...

did she check the box for getting a Social Security number on the forms?

if not then you need to get that as soon as her green card arrives in the mail. I think you need to be a resident 3 years to become a citizen. You will need to wait 1 year and 9 months before filing to remove the conditions on her green card. No AOS is needed for CR-1

Welcome home Alec and welcome to America Elf. Her green card should arrive in a couple of weeks. I wouldn't bother with any USCIS stuff for a while but would probably see about getting a SS card.

Just remember to mark your calendar for about a year and 9 months out to send in the paperwork to remove the conditions on her residency. Three years from now, she might consider citizenship.

Learning to drive and improving the English would also be things to consider. And, if you want hot and spicy, some on down and let Jingwen cook something up.