HOLY CRAP - SHE GOT THE EMS!

Hey guys/gals,

It's 4:30 AM, east coast...when I heard the phone ring I KNEW it was her, but I couldn't understand the mandarin the operator was speaking...

collect call from Liyan, pretty obvious! :D

So I just said OK, OK, YES xie xie! Liyan was smart, she hung up and I called her...one minute charge, no biggy!

The letter came to her brothers in Shenzhen, her city of residence, so now she's gonna talk with the family and decide whether I'll come to her in Quindao (her sisters) or go directly to Hong Kong, then bus it to Shenzhen. Will let ya'll know.

AZ, I wanna stop right here and say something: there's 90% chance you are right behind me - days I bet! I know you're hurting right now - I thought for sure I would be last to get this darn thing. I know the August "black hole" crowd are just about finished now - guaranteed! So you wipe away that tear and WATCH THAT MAIL(!) ok?

To all:

PJ, can't say how invaluable this board has been! I would NEVER have known one-quarter of the info/news on these delays had it not been for your talent and generosity; despite all you've been through, you're hangin strong and will continue Candle and the great source it is. I can't thank you enough!

Remember how this whole wait was affecting Liyan? I posted here and you guys (no less than 6 of you) responded quickly and rendered the kind of words I - and in particular Liyan - needed to hear: we were not alone in this, and support and comfort was here at Candle - for this, I'll always be grateful!

The few, yet valuable contacts I've made here continue that support (the females with Liyan also) to help us through the pickup, transition, POE, yada, yada...You guys are the greatest. Too bad we were not there for the massive reunion at GUZ "August" pickup day :blink: but, now,

IF ANYONE WILL BE AT GUZ (PROBABLY) WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY, 19th/20th, LET ME KNOW - let's meet, if possible. I'll be wearing RED(!!!) (gee, wonder why?) so it'll be easy to spot a balding, Irish, greying (from the wait, another 20%! :P ) nail biting American, :P

Of course, the Visas' not in hand, but we're well on our way to completion of the journey - and the love we're fostered thanks to the openness of our mutual countries.

As I also said, I'm not going anywhere - I'm staying right here to encourage, learn more "where do we go from here" (sing it baby!) counsel, plan reunions, etc. I won't leave, as I know many of you "old timers" (longevity on the boards guys - but hey, there's :P definitely truism to that statement :ph34r: also), including myself will do.

Ok, gotta get cleaning - anybody know a good maid service? Wow, when you work two and three jobs you don't realize how things get away from you, and the catch-up stinks, :P

:D Congrats, Joe, you seem like one happy camper!  Your emotion comes through in your post very well.  I thought you and I would be the last to climb out of the Black Hole.  You're right; if you made it, we can't be far behind.  I am very happy for you. :P

Me too, Joe. A Loooong time acomin'!!!!!! :ph34r: :blink: :P

Great News Joe!!!! :D :P :ph34r:

Now get that house in order and have a safe and wondeful trip over here. Can't put into words how happy I am that another Black Holer has seen the light of day.

AZ, your next my friend. :blink: