I just joined this great website and am in the process of filing the I-129F Petition. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Does anyone have examples of "statements of intent to marry" that were successful to share?

221477[/snapback]

There is a new "draft" of the I-129F pending. You might want to wait until it becomes official - hopefully soon. :)

Here was what I sent from me:

To Whom It May Concern:

I began corresponding with <Her name> on <mm/dd/yyyy>. We have written to each other daily and spoken on the telephone often.

On <mm/dd/yyyy> I arrived in China to meet her and her family. I spent two weeks in China and have asked <Her name> to marry me and she has agreed to become my wife and partner in life.

I am filing a Petition for Alien Fianc¨¦e so that she may join me in the United States and we can be married as soon as possible. I intend for us to be married within 90 days of her arrival to the United States, my desire is we will be married immediately upon her arrival in the United States.

It is my hope that you will assist to expedite the processing of this visa request so that we can be together as soon as possible. Until that time I will return to be with the woman I love every few months until she arrives and we become husband and wife.

Sincerely

Here is what we submitted from her

Dear US Government,

My name is <Her name>. I have known <My Name> since <mm/dd/yyyy> and love him very much. He makes me very happy. He is a kind and considerate person. I want to marry him as soon as possible. When I come to the United States, we will be married within 90 days.

Sincerely,

Guest pushbrk
I just joined this great website and am in the process of filing the I-129F Petition. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Does anyone have examples of "statements of intent to marry" that were successful to share?

221477[/snapback]

Because of the new IMBRA legislation that will affect your case, you would be wise to read all the recent threads in this General Visa Discussion forum that refer to I-129, IMBRA, and International Marriage Brokers.

Become well acquainted withe various varieties of Cheetos.

As you have specific question, somebody will either have the answer or tell you you'll need to wait for one. :lol:

Welcome to CFL. You've come to the right place.

221477[/snapback]

While you will receive much advice here, one thing to keep in mind is to keep it simple and review everything multiple times, then put it away for a day or two and come back to it with a fresh outlook.

Some people provide a considerable amount of relationship evidence with their petition and it's hard to tell if this makes any difference or not when you consider that probably the same number of people have only provided for the proof of meeting requirement.

Question 18 can be answered as simple as:

Visited her in China Nov 21 - Dec 4, 2004 and introduced to family and friends.

or you can write a novel.

It is very important to keep things neat, easy to understand and organized. It appears that neat and easy to understand get pulled off the stack faster because government employees are like everyone else and will always try to take the tasks that look easier.

Be sure to make copies of the entire packet you send, if anything happens you need to be able to provide replacement documents. You want to do this with bit of paperwork you submit and keep it, you will be asked to bring copies of everything you ever submitted to the Adjustment of Status interview, basically to cover the A$$ of the USCIS who has lost papers before. :lol:

Here is link for General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing

As Ron said there is a new form being generated, you have 2 choices wait for the new form or send in using the old form and have them send you a letter requesting the new stuff. I personally think getting in the queue and having them ask for the additional stuff to be the best way to go, but it's a choice you have before you.

Now have fun and Welcome to CFL

Lilyrose2006 welcome to Candle!!! If there is anything you want to know about the visa process..this is the place!! Also, if there is anything else you want to know about whatever, this is still the place...lol. :lol: Oh, as being a classically trained professional chef, I will be happy to sell you my many ways to prepare gourmet meals using cheetos. Such as a Warm Spinach Salad, garni with Sliced Fuji Apples and Cheetoh Viniagrette to a classical French dessert of Cheetoh Creme Brulee. :P

Anyway, I have to agree with Lee in sending your package in as soon as possible. Let them respond back to you if they need you to do a new form or anything else. But as was mentioned, please keep all copies of what you sent. In referencd to a letter, well I just answered question number 18 as, "We met in <city>, China during <month> <200x> and we found we were compatible with each other and love each other."

In Jie's K1 interview, she remembers the VO thumbing through our entire file, and stopped at these letters we initially wrote for the I-129F application (K1 visa). She read every word and stayed on these for the entire interview. So, we feel that this was the most important piece of paperwork in our own case that led to Jie's approval. She asked 2 or 3 subsequent questions (how did we meet, did I meet her parents, and asked for the I-134 aff. of support).

I submitted these on a separate page with the I-129F. I hope you find these helpful.

My letter is the first one, hers is the second.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Immigration officer,

I met XXX XXX on a dating website called www.xxxxxxxxx.com. Our initial contact on MM/DD/XXXX was via email, and we emailed each other on the website for a week, then on personal email addresses for another week. We both were interested in knowing more about each other.

From the beginning, I liked her very much, and found we have many common interests, personality traits and family values. We then started talking on MSN Messenger, because we could write, see, and speak with each other with webcam and audio. I have never met a woman as wonderful as she is, and I started falling in love with her very quickly, I told her I love her, and she said she felt the same! Our conversations turned to talking about a future together, and we spoke much about marriage and family.

But, I wanted to meet her in person, so I decided to spend 10 full days in XXX City, China. We met in-person for the first time on MM/DD/XXXX at XXX City’s International Airport. We spent every minute of every day together and realized we are really in love with each other. Before I came back to the States, I had to ask XXX XXX to marry me, and she immediately said yes!

I want to see her again as soon as possible, and have bought airline tickets and made motel reservations for MM/DD to MM/DD/XXXX, when she can take time off from work. However, that is just another visit. What I really want is to be with XXX XXX permanently, and hope to bring her here as soon as possible to marry her within 90 days of her arrival in the US.

For these reasons, I sincerely ask that you expedite this petition!

Sincerely,

Your Name, Petitioner

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear US Immigration Officer,

When I met XXXXXX on an online service, I knew he was the person for me. I was excited to read his emails and I wanted to see him and hear his voice. He asked me if I had a webcam, and I told him no, but I could go to an internet café to use their computers. Every since then we have talked online together every day, for 2, 3, 4, 5 hours a day, and I was so happy when he told me he loved me, because I was falling in love with him too.

I was even more excited when he told me he wanted to come to China to meet me, because I wanted the same. I know we are right for each other. I even introduced him to my parents, family, and best friend, which is very important in China for a girl to do.

I was sad to see him leave, but very happy that he asked me to marry him! Of course, I said yes, because I want to spend my life with him. I know we will have 90 days to marry when I get to America, and I will! We really want to be together, so I ask if you can please rush his petition? Thank you so much!

Very sincerely,

Her Name, Beneficiary

Along with the good advice you have received here , I write a cover letter with your I-129F that explains what is included in the Affidavit, use tabs to indicate the identification of documents in the Affidavit , it is also helpful to provide an exhibit list. I agree that the "How We met Letter" is crutial and really introduces you and your SO to the Immigration Officer who reads it so be pay extra attention to this letter.

Thank you all for your quick and wonderful responses. I can see that I have found the right website to endure the next several months with those who have first hand experience.

My sincere thanks,

221551[/snapback]

Several months???????.........

:) :P :D

Time to learn about stocking up on cheetos!!

Seriously, I hope all goes well for you two and hope to see more of your experiences and thoughts as post here on Candle. Again, a heart felt welcome.