Interview scheduled

Perhaps it is that I have been a student of Zen for such a long time, but my reaction to events is a little bit subdued. I was notified yesterday by the DOS that my wife Wenzhen's interview is set for July 12th.

The wait for immigration is a long one for all of us, and it helps me to keep my emotions out of it. I never figured it would take this long, but it has. It has been very supportive to read everyone's comments in their own process. This site is a must!

Now, it is time for my wife and I to do our final preparations and prayers. I do not see a potential blue slip as something to fear, though I have no reason to expect one.

If one is given, my courageous wife will present some good arguments and documents right then at the counter. She's no quiter. If needed we will just overcome whatever.... I'd like to be there, but I can not get away from work.

With such a long wait, I will admit, the stomach has the jitters.

I hope everyone gets some sort of good news this next week!

You are all wonderful people for having the courage and strength to go through this!

Congratulations, it's good to review the evidence you have to submit and verify that she has all the required items. If she is familiar with everything she takes to the interview she will be much more relaxed and confident, plus it will help to reduce the stress level you both are experiencing.

Perhaps it is that I have been a student of Zen for such a long time, but my reaction to events is a little bit subdued. I was notified yesterday by the DOS that my wife Wenzhen's interview is set for July 12th.

The wait for immigration is a long one for all of us, and it helps me to keep my emotions out of it. I never figured it would take this long, but it has. It has been very supportive to read everyone's comments in their own process. This site is a must!

Now, it is time for my wife and I to do our final preparations and prayers. I do not see a potential blue slip as something to fear, though I have no reason to expect one. 

If one is given, my courageous wife will present some good arguments and documents right then at the counter. She's no quiter.  If needed we will just overcome whatever.... I'd like to be there, but I can not get away from work.

You are all wonderful people for having  the courage and strength to go through this!

220617[/snapback]

Congratulations! That adds new meaning to the old expression about the light at the end of the tunnel!

Frank:

Someone with a similarly (long) timeline. Good for you! Hopefully, I am carrying up the rear of this parade.

Not much to do...but wait. I'm past ranting, raving, becoming upset, accusatory, or even remotely thinking that there is some government official who gives a rat's ass about any of this. I have come to know several people at DOS on a first name basis...not really a good sign!

Hopefully, there is a VO in GuangZhou who will pick up your stack of papers and within 5 minutes or less realize that you are for real and let your new life together begin. What a novel concept!

Good Luck!

Phil

If one is given, my courageous wife will present some good arguments and documents right then at the counter. She's no quiter.  If needed we will just overcome whatever.... I'd like to be there, but I can not get away from work.

You are all wonderful people for having  the courage and strength to go through this!

220617[/snapback]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And good luck at the interview!