More on Immigration

From her statement in Support of Comprehensive Immigration Reform:

"These immigrants live furtively. They are subject to work abuse, exploitation, threats, and blackmail. This bill would provide them with an opportunity to come into the light of day. But it wouldn't be easy for them. It is not an amnesty. An amnesty is instant forgiveness with no conditions. There are conditions on this. They must pay a fine of $2,000, they must learn English, they must have paid all back taxes, and they must be evaluated as neither a criminal or a national security threat to this Nation.

Also, they would not go in front of anybody in the line. There are presently 3.3 million people waiting in other countries legally for green cards, and those people should and will be processed first. It is estimated it will take, believe it or not, up to 6 years to process 3.3 million. These workers, these undocumented 12 million would go at the end of that line, and then, one by one, they would come through that line."

For what it's worth . . .

"These immigrants live furtively.  They are subject to work abuse, exploitation, threats, and blackmail.  This bill would provide them with an opportunity to come into the light of day.  But it wouldn't be easy for them.  It is not an amnesty.  An amnesty is instant forgiveness with no conditions.  There are conditions on this.  They must pay a fine of $2,000, they must learn English, they must have paid all back taxes, and they must be evaluated as neither a criminal or a national security threat to this Nation.

Also, they would not go in front of anybody in the line.  There are presently 3.3 million people waiting in other countries legally for green cards, and those people should and will be processed first.  It is estimated it will take, believe it or not, up to 6 years to process 3.3 million.  These workers, these undocumented 12 million would go at the end of that line, and then, one by one, they would come through that line."

219934[/snapback]

How about I pay a $10,000 fine and let my SO come over NOW! Don't get me started!

"These immigrants live furtively.  They are subject to work abuse, exploitation, threats, and blackmail.  This bill would provide them with an opportunity to come into the light of day.  But it wouldn't be easy for them.  It is not an amnesty.  An amnesty is instant forgiveness with no conditions.  There are conditions on this.  They must pay a fine of $2,000, they must learn English, they must have paid all back taxes, and they must be evaluated as neither a criminal or a national security threat to this Nation.

Also, they would not go in front of anybody in the line.  There are presently 3.3 million people waiting in other countries legally for green cards, and those people should and will be processed first.  It is estimated it will take, believe it or not, up to 6 years to process 3.3 million.  These workers, these undocumented 12 million would go at the end of that line, and then, one by one, they would come through that line."

219934[/snapback]

How about I pay a $10,000 fine and let my SO come over NOW! Don't get me started!

219976[/snapback]

I know what you mean. I would be willing to pay them $10,000 cash if they would let my fiance come over here. I would re mortgage the damn house. :)

There's a lot of crap in that statement.

The numbers I've seen, they would only have to pay 3 out of the last 5 years of back taxes. And "back of the line" is a rhetorical device. They'd still be in the U.S., whereas the people "in front of them in the line" would still be waiting outside the U.S.

Unless something has drastically changed in the compromise bill, that is. then I'm totally wrong.

"These immigrants live furtively.?They are subject to work abuse, exploitation, threats, and blackmail.?This bill would provide them with an opportunity to come into the light of day.?But it wouldn't be easy for them.?It is not an amnesty.?An amnesty is instant forgiveness with no conditions.?There are conditions on this.?They must pay a fine of $2,000, they must learn English, they must have paid all back taxes, and they must be evaluated as neither a criminal or a national security threat to this Nation.

Also, they would not go in front of anybody in the line.?There are presently 3.3 million people waiting in other countries legally for green cards, and those people should and will be processed first.?It is estimated it will take, believe it or not, up to 6 years to process 3.3 million.?These workers, these undocumented 12 million would go at the end of that line, and then, one by one, they would come through that line."

219934[/snapback]

219976[/snapback]

I know what you mean. I would be willing to pay them $10,000 cash if they would let my fiance come over here. I would re mortgage the damn house. :angry:

220014[/snapback]

Yes, but what she didn't say is that those illegals get to stay in the USA and continue working while they wait their turn. That will never fly with me and is a direct slap in our faces.

"end of the line" my @$$

Maybe the mods can lock this thread please. It is getting political again, just like in the TC.

If not, I have already stated my liking of the comprehensive immmigration approach as a nice balance of practicality and compassion for those already here.

'Cheers!

It is very obvious that the people in Congress once again have no clue as to the process or resentment they will gain from those who did or are doing the process according to the law.

All of the comments about going to the back of the line should provide for a priority by anyone who is currently processing for AOS and all those who come in the future who followed the rules. But I seriously doubt they wish to make 12 million people wait that long to be able to vote.

Maybe the mods can lock this thread please.  It is getting political again, just like in the TC.

If not, I have already stated my liking of the comprehensive immmigration approach as a nice balance of practicality and compassion for those already here.

'Cheers!

220131[/snapback]

You kidding me? :greenblob:

12 mill illegals isn't a balance. Compassion? hahaha. You break the law you get no compassion. Balance and compassion would happen by bringing our loved ones over in a timely matter.

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)
Now Ron...

You went and started a political post and I must tell you, it's almost the same letter I received from Senator Boxer.

Now, everyone on CFL will tear this post to shreds and it's all you fault...

I hope your happy!!! :greenblob:

Be good...

220173[/snapback]

Well, Eric, I'm not happy with it and I know those two gals pretty much follow each other. So, let's just chalk it up as "politics" and, Mods, lock it up if see fit. I only wanted to post what our Senator thinks about the whole situation.

Oh, I almost forgot, Eric, you're moving to Texas. Maybe it's better over there. :clapping:

Now Ron...

You went and started a political post and I must tell you, it's almost the same letter I received from Senator Boxer.

I hope your happy!!! :greenblob:

Be good...

220173[/snapback]

Well, Eric, I'm not happy with it and I know those two gals pretty much follow each other. So, let's just chalk it up as "politics" and, Mods, lock it up if see fit. I only wanted to post what our Senator thinks about the whole situation.

Oh, I almost forgot, Eric, you're moving to Texas. Maybe it's better over there. :clapping:

220188[/snapback]

The Guys in chat a few nights ago were teasing that East Texas is an illegal immigrant freezone.

:clapping:

Now Ron...

I hope your happy!!! :D

Be good...

220173[/snapback]

Oh, I almost forgot, Eric, you're moving to Texas. Maybe it's better over there. :D

220188[/snapback]

The Guys in chat a few nights ago were teasing that East Texas is an illegal immigrant freezone.

:D

220194[/snapback]

Yeah, they even let folks from Louisiana cross the border without a visa, not sure about the wisdom in that move. :D