I Need Band-Aids!

Well, here's a cultural issue for you. Let me explain....

I have a goatee and, for many years, wore a full beard. The only time I shaved it off was at one point during the Black Hole, in protest of not getting our visa in a timely fashion. I suspect my posts about this are somewhere deep in the bowels of this here board.

Anyway...

I have a goatee and I hate shaving. Nothing worse than dragging sharp steel across your face when you are barely awake. To make a long story short, Li has made it be known that she thinks I use too many disposable razors and we could save a lot of money if I cleaned the one I use after every shave. Her most recent comment was:

"You can use a razor for years....." :o ;)

I tried to explain that no matter how many times you clean it, it's gonna get dull after a fairly short length of time. No matter how clean a razor is, a dull razor is a dull razor.

She doesn't seem to be able to get her mind around this concept.

Bless her heart, she goes into the bathroom and, using a toothbrush, cleans my razors to a high shine. I love this woman so much. :wub:

Still, I need to find a way to get her to understand that, after a week or so, even a clean razor feels like dragging sandpaper across my face.

Don't laugh fellas....this, too, could happen to you.

Maybe I need to grow my beard back. B)

Edited by Mick (see edit history)
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to your sweet wife. She know so much more about than you ever will.

218284[/snapback]

Don, are you saying that Li has more experience shaving than I do? :wub:

I don't think so.....

Granted, she is great at saving money...no question. But a dull razor is not a man's best friend.

How long do you use a disposable razor oh wise one?

Listen to your sweet wife. She know so much more about than you ever will.

218284[/snapback]

Don, are you saying that Li has more experience shaving than I do? :unsure:

I don't think so.....

Granted, she is great at saving money...no question. But a dull razor is not a man's best friend.

How long do you use a disposable razor oh wise one?

218286[/snapback]

Just suck it up Mick! The only way you're going to win this is to shave with the razor until is it rips the skin from your face. Enjoy :roller:

Maybe you could get her to shave her legs with the same razor?  To save even more money????  :D

-James

218312[/snapback]

A great idea! However, she doesn't shave her legs. Doesn't need to. That's pretty amazing actually. She does shave under her arms. Maybe I can let her use the dull razor there. :roller: :blink: :unsure:

Get an electric razor.  You can use it over and over.

218317[/snapback]

It may come to that. But if she doesn't want me to shell out a few bucks for a pack of bics, how's she gonna feel about the cost of an electric razor. Just had my birthday, so can't ask for one as a gift. Maybe this disposable can last til Christmas, ya think? :roller:

I don't always have time to shave, as I am still getting up at 4 am, out of the house by 445 and not getting home till 600 at night, I cheat, let it grow for 4-5 days and use a hair trimmer, then I use ladys razors, as they give a better shave, I think these are tougher than a mans razor, as my dad always said you can take a new razor use it once and the wife uses it, it's junk

Get an electric razor.  You can use it over and over.

218317[/snapback]

It may come to that. But if she doesn't want me to shell out a few bucks for a pack of bics, how's she gonna feel about the cost of an electric razor. Just had my birthday, so can't ask for one as a gift. Maybe this disposable can last til Christmas, ya think? :roller:

218327[/snapback]

Replacable blade is about $25. Usually I have to buy one each year.

OMG. I use a Gillette Turbo with 6 blades. The suckers cost $1.00 each.  Nice, close, comfortable shave. But the expense even makes me pucker a bit.

218335[/snapback]

Oh well, use 'em while ya can good buddy. Then spend a couple of months practicing with a pottery shard. It'll get you ready for what's coming.... :roller:

When I was in china, shaving with the water caused a nasty facial infection.. now my wife tells me she is going to shave me when we are together, to prevent me from "hurting myself" I have my doubts as to how that will turn out... but then again she didnt ask, she told, so what do I do? ;)