Last night Lao Po and I arrived at LAX, coming in on Air China 983 from PEK.

On the aircraft they gave us the wrong I-94 form, a green one rather than a white one. Lao Po and I both went through the Visitors (as opposed to Residents & US Citizens) line. The Immigration Officer saw that we had the wrong I-94 and called the Air China rep over to give us the correct one. He asked us to fill out the white I-94 and return to his position without waiting in line again.

When we returned the first thing he asked for was the chest x-ray ... (OK I made that part up). He went through the previously sealed envelope, stamped and initialed several of the forms, explained to us that we had to marry within 90 days, finger printed her, stamped the Chinese passport with an "admitted" stamp, and stamped the "departure" section of the I-94 and gave it to us. He kept the contents of the selaed envelope. All in all he was very friendly and helpful.

Jim, we have been following your journey and are truly delighted that you made it and you and your Lao Po are together and here in America. Congratulations on your patience in waiting and for a successful interivew, safe trip home, and we wish you a wonderful relationship!