Hello! A question, if I may...

I would venture to say that probably half of the people going for a K-1 visa have only been to China once.

As others have said organizing information for the interview is a great thing to do. Don't try to load her down with 50# of paper to carry to the interview, but you want to demonstrate that you have an ongoing relationship with a sampling of emails, phone records, photos taken when you were together and proof of your travel to China. A photocopy of your passport and Chinese visa pages to show with your boarding passes is a good idea.

If you wish you could write a brief letter to the VO explaining that you wish you could be there, but have discussed this with your fiancée and have decided it would be better to save your vacation time for when she arrives to help with her adjustment to her new home.  :roller:

Keep it brief and don't go overboard on making justifying statements, just an explanation of your intentions. You don't want to cause them to ask for a letter from your boss because of some statement you make in this letter.  :roller:

216985[/snapback]

If it weren't for the fact that we have entirely too many Mike's hanging round this place at the moment, I too would welcome you. :roller:

You've received good advice so far about providing plenty of various varieties of proof of your relationship. I doubt another visit at interview time will make or break the outcome.

When you've read some more about the various ways to prepare and kind of evidence, you might find it useful to post a description of what you have and/or plan to add. With more specifics it will be easy to provide suggestions for improvement, if needed.

217000[/snapback]

Hey Mike...what did you mean by that "Mike" comment.:roller:

Anyway, welcome to Candle, Mike. And don't mind what Mike says. Mikes of all persuasions are welcome here. :blink:

Mike, don't such a grump. :roller:

Mike :huh:

Guest pushbrk
I would venture to say that probably half of the people going for a K-1 visa have only been to China once.

As others have said organizing information for the interview is a great thing to do. Don't try to load her down with 50# of paper to carry to the interview, but you want to demonstrate that you have an ongoing relationship with a sampling of emails, phone records, photos taken when you were together and proof of your travel to China. A photocopy of your passport and Chinese visa pages to show with your boarding passes is a good idea.

If you wish you could write a brief letter to the VO explaining that you wish you could be there, but have discussed this with your fiancée and have decided it would be better to save your vacation time for when she arrives to help with her adjustment to her new home.  :)

Keep it brief and don't go overboard on making justifying statements, just an explanation of your intentions. You don't want to cause them to ask for a letter from your boss because of some statement you make in this letter.  :o

216985[/snapback]

If it weren't for the fact that we have entirely too many Mike's hanging round this place at the moment, I too would welcome you. :rolleyes:

You've received good advice so far about providing plenty of various varieties of proof of your relationship. I doubt another visit at interview time will make or break the outcome.

When you've read some more about the various ways to prepare and kind of evidence, you might find it useful to post a description of what you have and/or plan to add. With more specifics it will be easy to provide suggestions for improvement, if needed.

217000[/snapback]

Hey Mike...what did you mean by that "Mike" comment.;)

Anyway, welcome to Candle, Mike. And don't mind what Mike says. Mikes of all persuasions are welcome here. :D

Mike, don't such a grump. :angry:

Mike ;)

218368[/snapback]

Nothin, Mike. Just practicing smartassmanship.

If you wish you could write a brief letter to the VO explaining that you wish you could be there, but have discussed this with your fiancée and have decided it would be better to save your vacation time for when she arrives to help with her adjustment to her new home.  :)

Keep it brief and don't go overboard on making justifying statements, just an explanation of your intentions. You don't want to cause them to ask for a letter from your boss because of some statement you make in this letter.  :o

216985[/snapback]

If it weren't for the fact that we have entirely too many Mike's hanging round this place at the moment, I too would welcome you. :rolleyes:

217000[/snapback]

Hey Mike...what did you mean by that "Mike" comment.:threeques:

Anyway, welcome to Candle, Mike. And don't mind what Mike says. Mikes of all persuasions are welcome here. :D

Mike, don't such a grump. :angry:

Mike ;)

218368[/snapback]

218377[/snapback]

Mike

Ok, I figured it was something like that. I just wanted to make sure that Mike didn't get the wrong idea about the Mikes on this site. I personally am proud of the contributions that the Mikes have made, and I want Mike to understand.

Mike, as far as practicing "smartassmanship", enough is enough. You've already reached "sharpshooter" level :lol:

Take care Mike, and again, congratulations. I am glad that we two Mikes were in the same slug of P3 releases.

Don't worry, Mike...keep at it. You'll get here yourself soon enough.

To all the Mikes, have a good day.

Mike

Guest pushbrk

If you wish you could write a brief letter to the VO explaining that you wish you could be there, but have discussed this with your fiancée and have decided it would be better to save your vacation time for when she arrives to help with her adjustment to her new home.  :D

Keep it brief and don't go overboard on making justifying statements, just an explanation of your intentions. You don't want to cause them to ask for a letter from your boss because of some statement you make in this letter.  :)

216985[/snapback]

217000[/snapback]

Anyway, welcome to Candle, Mike. And don't mind what Mike says. Mikes of all persuasions are welcome here. ;)

Mike, don't such a grump. :lol:

Mike ;)

218368[/snapback]

218377[/snapback]

Mike

Ok, I figured it was something like that. I just wanted to make sure that Mike didn't get the wrong idea about the Mikes on this site. I personally am proud of the contributions that the Mikes have made, and I want Mike to understand.

Mike, as far as practicing "smartassmanship", enough is enough. You've already reached "sharpshooter" level :o

Take care Mike, and again, congratulations. I am glad that we two Mikes were in the same slug of P3 releases.

Mike

218456[/snapback]

Smartass! :angry:

If you wish you could write a brief letter to the VO explaining that you wish you could be there, but have discussed this with your fiancée and have decided it would be better to save your vacation time for when she arrives to help with her adjustment to her new home.  :D

Keep it brief and don't go overboard on making justifying statements, just an explanation of your intentions. You don't want to cause them to ask for a letter from your boss because of some statement you make in this letter.  :)

216985[/snapback]

217000[/snapback]

Anyway, welcome to Candle, Mike. And don't mind what Mike says. Mikes of all persuasions are welcome here. ;)

Mike, don't such a grump. :lol:

Mike ;)

218368[/snapback]

218377[/snapback]

Mike

Mike, as far as practicing "smartassmanship", enough is enough. You've already reached "sharpshooter" level :o

Mike

218456[/snapback]

Smartass! :angry:

218459[/snapback]

Which Mike are you refering to Mike? ;)

A belated welcome to CFL.  Like the others, I thought it important that I be with Jingwen at the interview, but having been to China only once should not, in and of itself, cause a denial.

If you do go, your SO will be able to respond to the VO's question regarding how many times you've visited her by saying "twice, once on such and such a date and this week...he's here today waiting for me.  Would you like to see his passport?" -_-

If you really can't go, then I would prep my SO with an explanation that would demonstrate how well she knows you.  Something like "he really wanted to come, but he works for such and such and only has x weeks of vacation.  We both decided that it would be better for us if he saved his remaining vacation for when I arrive in the US."

Good luck.

217205[/snapback]

I believe Frank's advice is quite on the money, and it relates to other recent questions (like "red flags", etc.).

What could make more sense than both people deciding together to plan (expensive and time-comsuming) pre-visa visits according to their own available time and money than simply robotically "going there" as much as possible. That kind of communication and joint decision-making speaks to a "real" relationship, if anything does.

One actual in person meeting is all that's required.