• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pushbrk
Are the name check delays for CR1's in GUZ real delays or is it a case of  a longer name checks for CR1's?

217889[/snapback]

CR1 name checks are not started until the physical file is received at the consulate. Most K visa name checks are complete before the case leaves NVC.

Most actual name check delays seem to be the result of common names.

-- RESERVED USE (updated without notice) --  

Due to the new IMBRA requirements:

- some I-129F/K1 petitions could see delayed processing compared to previous times, or be recalled back to the USCIS service center if the petition was passed onto NVC without the proper checks first occurring.  This appears to affect any I-129F/K1 petition received by the USCIS center on or after March 6, 2006.

- At this time, it was identified by NVC that 1000 petitions are possibly affected for recall. This would affect even those cases as where the visa interview was approved and prior to the visa issue. 

- it appears that VSC is least affected USCIS center and delays are expected to be lower here than at other centers.

For more info:

Fiance(e) I-129F Petitions Recalled by DHS

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegram...grams_2927.html

Visa Journey Discussion

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13584

213610[/snapback]

Due to the new IMBRA requirements, I will start to log your timeline as soon as you submit the petition to USCIS, particularly for I-129F/K1s.

I also added two new fields for 'USCIS received' and 'P1' to better track what delays could result.

I will highlight those cases that appear to be affected in RED, in the received date field...

See the second post for further comments...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
-------------------------------------------------------

-- CFL Interview Timelines (2006 YTD)

-- ( K1, K3, CR1, DCF ) 

Added: 

- You can view the interview comments for a case.  See the column labeled as POST.  It is recommended you right click a link and click on "open in new window".  Otherwise, remember to use the BACK button.

213609[/snapback]

Please note that a new column has been added to the Historical Interviews. You can now view the interview experience / comments left by the USC or beneficiary.

David,

Do we have any data measurements for the time between the completion of GUZ's Name Check to Interview/P4?

TIA

215070[/snapback]

These projections can be very interesting in that one must look carefully for patterns rather than simply the average number of days elapsed between one event and another, e.g., P3 to P4. Also, each and every petition has unique characteristics. Some are very good at sending things back to GUZ right away, complete, and accurate the first time.

In looking at the data, one can begin to see a distinctive pattern emerge. The bottom line, we are all looking for that ever-elusive interview date. These patterns manifest themselves with interview dates showing up in groups. These groups are always comprised of those with a wide variety of dates from one event to another; initial petition submission, P2, p3, p4, etc. But, toward the end of the process interview "groups" begin to emerge.

If a namecheck is clear and complete, and paperwork has been submitted to GUZ, you will likely become part of an interview group. Those that have been around a while have seen that there are periods of great quiet, followed by a flurry of activity. During these flurries many p3s, p4s, and interview dates occur. So, look for the pattern to see if you can identify with a group. Once you've done that, you stand a good chance of narrowing down at least the month your interview will occur.

215072[/snapback]

Hi,I noticed your post here..I'm applying for my CR1 visa.

Actually,I'm waiting for my P4 eagerly at persent,my case was sent to GZ back to Jan.29th this year,but seems still everything going very slow on GZ side..

Coz I saw you marked the date when your case showed 'eligible for interview',so I doubted if I was in the same situation with you, :o coz DOS told us case showed 'eligible' on Apr.28th,but didnt say eligible for interview or something?which confused me alot :huh: :D do you have any clue about that?

Also,we called DOS again last week,but this time,DOS told us we are on 'Administrative Step'?? :censor: :huh: Do you ever heard of this step? :o DOS hs no idea about the meaning too...

Anyways,I will be veryyy appreciate if you could answer my questions in advance,if not,that's also all right~~

looking forward to your reply~

-Reiko

Hi,I noticed your post here..I'm applying for my CR1 visa.

Actually,I'm waiting for my P4 eagerly at persent,my case was sent to GZ back to Jan.29th this year,but seems still everything going very slow on GZ side..

Coz I saw you marked the date when your case showed 'eligible for interview',so I doubted if I was in the same situation with you, :o coz DOS told us case showed 'eligible' on Apr.28th,but didnt say eligible for interview or something?which confused me alot :huh:  :) do you have any clue about that?

Also,we called DOS again last week,but this time,DOS told us we are on 'Administrative Step'?? :)  :huh: Do you ever heard of this step? :) DOS hs no idea about the meaning too...

Anyways,I will be veryyy appreciate if you could answer my questions in advance,if not,that's also all right~~

looking forward to your reply-Reiko

219369[/snapback]

I wouldn't want to suggest any delay or problem in your case without some more clarification from DOS...

I think you should call DOS [again] and get clarification on the status... You want to get them to clearly state if this is 'administrative step' as in a normal processing is going on; or 'administrative review' which is a catch-all for various possible reviews but normally implies that some sort of delay in processing should be expected [of undeterminant time].

Ask such questions as "is our case eligibile for an interview"; "is the name check complete"; "am I only waiting on the P4 to process or is there some other processing that must still occur first".

• 2 weeks later...

-- CFL Interview Timelines (2006 YTD)

-- ( K1, K3, CR1, DCF ) 

Added: 

- You can view the interview comments for a case.  See the column labeled as POST.  It is recommended you right click a link and click on "open in new window".  Otherwise, remember to use the BACK button.

- An extra tab at bottom called "Blue Slips".  This is a history of all blue slip interviews on CFL with links to posts.

213609[/snapback]

Added an extra tab to the Timeline (2006 YTD) called "Blue Slips". A collection of all blue slip interviews with links to their posts.

This is only a start to this, not complete yet.

let me get this straight.. so I can understand how your suddenly going to skew the averages I just posted...

1) You had a mailing snafu and forgot the check; mailed again

2) You never received an NOA1

3) It too 98 days in custom before GUZ entered it

4) Once you got P3, you took a vacation and waited a month to return it

5) Then had a UPS snafu

6) Finally got P4 with 15 days notice for interview...

And still able to record a K3 visa in under 7 months ??? (second fastest K3 for 2006)

What is your real occupation? :)

let me get this straight.. so I can understand how your suddenly going to skew the averages I just posted...

1) You had a mailing snafu and forgot the check; mailed again

2) You never received an NOA1

3) It too 98 days in custom before GUZ entered it

4) Once you got P3, you took a vacation and waited a month to return it

5) Then had a UPS snafu

6) Finally got P4 with 15 days notice for interview...

And still able to record a K3 visa in under 7 months  ???  (second fastest K3 for 2006)

What is your real occupation?  :P

222859[/snapback]

1) yes, but because it was overnighted, I got it back within 2 very stressful days. The Chicago drop box never saw it. The postmaster in Chicago's main PO intercepted it for me. She was my hero for a while :)

2) Correct. never got a paper copy of NOA1, just confirmation that NOA1 happened when I logged into the USCIS site

3) Yep. it took forever to get to P3

4) She got P3 on a Friday and sent it UPS on Saturday, delivered Monday. 4/14 to 4/17.

5) no snafu

6) P4 with 15 and a wakeup for interview.

228 days I think is about 7.5 months. 10/22 to 6/7 from 130 sub to IV

I guess it was under 7 months from 129F submittal though (exactly 200 days)

i'd tell you my real occupation, but then I would have to kill you -_- :)

Edited by mercator (see edit history)