No DS-156 and DS-157 Forms

My wife told me that her P4 does not contain DS-156 and DS-157 froms (either English version or Chinese version).

Can we directly download these forms from the Consulate website and fill out them for the interview?

I understand my wife must have these forms for the interview...

Thanks!!!

I just noticed that the DS-156 froms (both English and Chinese versions) downloaded from GUZ have no Barcode. I think the barcode is required for completing the DS-156 from. Where can I find the barcode? Should I contact GUZ for this?

Thank you very much!!!

I just noticed that the DS-156 froms (both English and Chinese versions)  downloaded from GUZ have no Barcode. I think the barcode is required for completing the DS-156 from.  Where can I find the barcode? Should I contact GUZ for this?

Thank you very much!!!

212228[/snapback]

Nope the barcode is not required, don't worry about it cause some of the people at the hospital are still refusing to take the barcoded vesions and could make her hand write them. Talk about a cluster. <_<

Thank you, Lee!

Does the GUZ really need the barcode for completing the forms? What barcode are they talking about?

212270[/snapback]

They have gotten along without it fine for quite a while and it's not important enough for them to re-train all of the hospital staff, so no they don't need it. :ph34r:

You can go to the DOS web site for the Fillable DS-156 and complete it, as I understand the information is stored in the DOS computer so they can scan the barcode and retrieve the information instead of typing it.

I saw some applicants got DS-156, DS-157 when they received P3.

If the applicant doesn't get DS-156, DS-157 either in P3 or P4, download from internet.

If you want barcode, you can download eform from the website of the consulate.

As far as I know, only in the following situation, barcode is requried:

1. B1/B2 applicants who don't need an interview but submit docs through Zhong Xin Yin Han (CETIC BANK).

2. V92 applicants

3. When you call to make an appointment for an interview for a visitor's visa, if you have the barcode, waiting time is shorter.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest update in GUZ website states:

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/visa_application_form.html

Visa Application Form

Starting from May 1, 2006, all Non-immigrant visa applicants must submit Electronic Visa Applications Form (EVAF) DS -156 for their visa applications. Those who fail to provide EVAF DS-156 might be required to return at a later date with completed application form.

DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application All applicants applying for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa must complete the DS-156 application form.

On Line Electronic DS-156

The online DS-156 form contains a bar code, which will allow us to electronically transfer data. Once the application form is completed online, it must be printed, and then submitted to the Consular Section at the time of the visa interview. Please submit the original printed form, including the last page, which contains the bar code-photocopies or faxes of the printed form are not acceptable. In addition, please do not fold the printed application form. Click here to download the online DS-156 from the State Department website.

After the form is printed out, Chinese nationals must also fill out Items 6, 7, 8, 9, 15, 18, 20 manually in Chinese and must provide the telegraph code for their Chinese surnames and given names while filling out Items 6 & 7, which can be found at most Chinese post offices.

For now, DS-157 and DS-158 application forms are still non-electronic and cannot be filled out online. They can be downloaded from this page and you can type your answers into the forms and print them out.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this apply to K1 and K3 too?

Thank you!

Edited by SallyHon (see edit history)
The latest update in GUZ website states:

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/visa_application_form.html

Visa Application Form

Starting from May 1, 2006, all Non-immigrant visa applicants must submit Electronic Visa Applications Form (EVAF) DS -156 for their visa applications. Those who fail to provide EVAF DS-156 might be required to return at a later date with completed application form.

DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application All applicants applying for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa must complete the DS-156 application form.

On Line Electronic DS-156

The online DS-156 form contains a bar code, which will allow us to electronically transfer data. Once the application form is completed online, it must be printed, and then submitted to the Consular Section at the time of the visa interview. Please submit the original printed form, including the last page, which contains the bar code-photocopies or faxes of the printed form are not acceptable. In addition, please do not fold the printed application form. Click here to download the online DS-156 from the State Department website.

After the form is printed out, Chinese nationals must also fill out Items 6, 7, 8, 9, 15, 18, 20 manually in Chinese and must provide the telegraph code for their Chinese surnames and given names while filling out Items 6 & 7, which can be found at most Chinese post offices.

For now, DS-157 and DS-158 application forms are still non-electronic and cannot be filled out online.  They can be downloaded from this page and you can type your answers into the forms and print them out.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this apply to K1 and K3 too?

Thank you!

214543[/snapback]

I had asked the consulate a question about this same particular webpage. not the same as your question... but their response showed me that, although the K1 is a non-immigrant visa (NIV), it follows few of the rules to NIVs...

While I cannot say definitively the answer, I'd put money down that this does not apply to K# visas. That it's for the NIVs other than K# visas.