May Holiday (for those in China)

May begins with a big holiday in China. For those whose SO's are still there (and mine who is visiting) what are they doing to celebrate? Travelling, visiting family?

My wife went with a bunch of friends to (forget the name of the place, but it's where theyt filmed the bamboo scenes in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"). Unfortunately I just talked to her and she sounds awful, caught a bad cold - and may have to go home early without her friends.

Loving Candle's daughter is out of school, but she was given a LOT of physics homework to do during the break!

They cooked one special meal on May Day, and will do some shopping in Shenyang soon.

-James

May begins with a big holiday in China.  For those whose SO's are still there (and mine who is visiting) what are they doing to celebrate?  Travelling, visiting family?

My wife went with a bunch of friends to (forget the name of the place, but it's where theyt filmed the bamboo scenes in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon").  Unfortunately I just talked to her and she sounds awful, caught a bad cold - and may have to go home early without her friends.

211825[/snapback]

I think the place you refer to is "Jiu Zhai Gou" in Sichuan province.

Long holiday usually is family day for me.

1st day: went shopping for a while and had dinner at my aunt's place

2nd day: slept, ate, chat, slept...

3rd day: went to gym and did some swimming and belly dancing

4th day: slept, ate, chat, slept...

5th day: slept, ate, chat, slept...

tomorrow: got back to work

May begins with a big holiday in China.  For those whose SO's are still there (and mine who is visiting) what are they doing to celebrate?  Travelling, visiting family?

My wife went with a bunch of friends to (forget the name of the place, but it's where theyt filmed the bamboo scenes in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon").  Unfortunately I just talked to her and she sounds awful, caught a bad cold - and may have to go home early without her friends.

211825[/snapback]

I think the place you refer to is "Jiu Zhai Gou" in Sichuan province.

Long holiday usually is family day for me.

1st day: went shopping for a while and had dinner at my aunt's place

2nd day: slept, ate, chat, slept...

3rd day: went to gym and did some swimming and belly dancing

4th day: slept, ate, chat, slept...

5th day: slept, ate, chat, slept...

tomorrow: got back to work

212074[/snapback]

Your right it's jiu zhai gou or (九寨沟). It's a beautiful place, but it sites at over 4200 meters. So, you get a lot of head aches and if your not careful altitude sickness.

My wife and I will be going in June when the airport opens back up. They will close it down after May holiday and open it back up a month later. We could take a 12+ hour bus ride, but the chances of living through it is.... well lets just say that your life could be shorten after the ride up.

Lao Po is enjoying the fact that ErMei is out of school for a week.  So far they spent one day visiting an Aunt & Uncle and one day shopping.  The May Day break is always full of "Big Discounts".

211906[/snapback]

Ah-ha! That explains the sudden shopping spree. :(