Censorship at Candle

Guest bbridges51

Guest enight

wow, cool! Candle is becoming a sharp tone in political issues too! :rolleyes:

I think Tony's reason is very acceptable, whatever I wouldn't like to see anyone got trouble from posting sensitive or offensive messages, or even the whole site might be blocked.

Guest enight

and guys and girls, lets shake hands again,

... and I also appreciate Tony and the other Admins on this forum have been taking much bigger responsibility than normal members.

it's a tough work for them, and they have done it for nothing but the blooming of the place where the love birds can communicate and help each other, a place to make friends and folks.

• 5 weeks later...

Having been a member of many political and activist groups from the 60's through today, I can tell you that the downfall of many of the groups is that they lose focus.

I am a new member here and what first impressed me was how on target the comments and postings were.

There is a purpose to this forum: Bring Loved ones here! Nothing else! There are a myriad of other places to discuss endlessly the political topics of the day.

Just my 2 cents worth

bob

I would like to point out, Bob, that the forum has officially been expanded to include issues related to obtaining the visas. Issues such as the cultural and language differences that effect making a multi-cultural marriage work and those things such as AOS, obtaining SSN, drivers liscense, etc.

Occasionally, we get diverted into some humor, but that just helps to relieve the stress inherient to this whole process.

Still it is a good point that one of the strengths of the site is that we generally stay focused on the issues at hand.

:( OK y'all. I didn't want to post on this, for fear of it returning to the top. But since it has attracted some attention again, I just want to say to Bob:

Welcome to the group, Bob, and I am glad to see that you are reading the old posts as well as the recent ones. The old posts will give you an idea of how this group has grown, the directions it has taken, the commraderie it has spawned, and the enormous efforts that our members have undertaken to get the results from our government that we have so far.

I would like to point out, Bob, that the forum has officially been expanded to include issues related to obtaining the visas.  Issues such as the cultural and language differences that effect making a multi-cultural marriage work and those things such as AOS, obtaining SSN, drivers liscense, etc.

Occasionally, we get diverted into some humor, but that just helps to relieve the stress inherient to this whole process.

Still it is a good point that one of the strengths of the site is that we generally stay focused on the issues at hand.

As Owen has pointed out, we have different forums for material that is not as strictly on the topic of visa delay and overcoming it which is what the general forum is dedicated to and which Bob rightfully acclaims. We have been having a lot of fun over on the other forums such as the Culture and Language Forum, with fun threads such as "Boy Are You Fat" and "Cross Country Buses." Y'all join in!!!!

There are thousands of other sites where one may discuss all kinds of political and otherwise extraneous issues.  Candle is supposed to be a specialized site with a focused range of topics.  If it has nothing to do with visa delays, visa processing, or relationships with Chinese loved ones then it is OFF TOPIC and I am sick of all the off topic material that has been posted here lately.  

I agree with Robert VERY much. We should stay focused on Candle's primary purpose which is to help each of us be with the one we love.

I've seen a few other forums that have a specific section for those OT discussions we seem to migrate so easily to in here. Maybe one can be added here in Candle as well. It might alleviate the problems we seem to have from time to time.

BTW, thanks for explaining what the OT means! I often wondered why so many people were working OT as much as I was>>> :rolleyes: I didn't think there were as many busy people out there as were being reported.

So how about it, admin's? Another room for those OT discussions?

Bill, as I mentioned in my recent post in this thread there are other forums for material that is off topic. You want even more other forums? Pretty much anything that could belong on Candle would fit under one of the other forums such as Our Stories, Culture and Language, Immigration Challenges, and others.