Did you ever just sit and wonder?

I gave lao po the bad news last night.  She was disappointed.  When I asked about filing K3/K4 she said we'd just wait.  When I mentioned calling the Congressional Rep, she thought that was OK.

She's a lot tougher than I am.

208964[/snapback]

"WTF are they saying??? That it takes 10 months at GUZ!!!!??"

Yes, I read that about your case. Sorry to hear it. In the Airforce we called that FUBAR. I wish you good luck and don't let up. Ron

I guess this would be relative to those of us who don't have our SO's with us and those of us who live alone, or anyone who can relate to this.  Have you ever come home at night with not a lot to do, and you sit down at the computer.  You get on CFL and you start reading the various posts and problems.  You read about those who have good news.  You read about those who are having a rough time.  You have compassion for everyone and, sometimes, you respond, sometimes you just read other people's posts.  You start thinking about your SO and how far away she is.  You think of how much you love her and wish like hell that she was sitting on your knee.  You think and you wonder, "how long will this take?"  Will this ever, ever, EVER end?  You've told your relatives and close friends about what you're doing.  When you see them, they ask, "hey, how's that visa coming along?" or something along those lines.  You tell them, "well, I'm still waiting for my application to get from point A to point B or whatever. You know that some of them thought you were crazy to start with.  But, you can't be concerned with how "they" feel.  Every night, you come home, you check your email, you check CFL, you check USCIS, you check GUZ, you check everything that is possible to check, and -- no change.  You get through to the next day.  You check again.  You wait -- no change.  A week goes by,  two weeks go by, three weeks, you check -- no change.  You keep reading CFL.  You read about guys like Rick and his SO Yanlan and what a hell of a time he's having.  You feel bad for him.  You want to help.  But, your case is what's important to you.  You wait-- a few more days --- no change.  You keep telling your friends  "sorry, nothing to report, no change."  You just sit, night after night, and you wonder,  "what in hell am I doing?"  Then you think about your lady and it gives you strength to move on to the next night, and the next, and the next .  .  .

208785[/snapback]

That's a damn good description. And , yes it is my life. But no, I have never stop to ask myself why I keep doing this. I guess I just take it for granted that there is no other alternative. As Michele Angelo told that POPE,,," It will be finished, when it is finished"

This is a great post. I remember all those feelings too. It was so difficult being apart and feeling so helpless. The good news is that "this too shall pass." All of the lonely, angry time I spent waiting for the visa process to be over is now a distant memory. Even through the troubles we had with Guangzhou, it is all water under the bridge now. Take it from a guy who knows first hand, the lonely days will fade soon enough. You will be together and your lives together will be made stronger by the time apart.

I guess this would be relative to those of us who don't have our SO's with us and those of us who live alone, or anyone who can relate to this.  Have you ever come home at night with not a lot to do, and you sit down at the computer.  You get on CFL and you start reading the various posts and problems.  You read about those who have good news.  You read about those who are having a rough time.  You have compassion for everyone and, sometimes, you respond, sometimes you just read other people's posts.  You start thinking about your SO and how far away she is.  You think of how much you love her and wish like hell that she was sitting on your knee.  You think and you wonder, "how long will this take?"  Will this ever, ever, EVER end?  You've told your relatives and close friends about what you're doing.  When you see them, they ask, "hey, how's that visa coming along?" or something along those lines.  You tell them, "well, I'm still waiting for my application to get from point A to point B or whatever. You know that some of them thought you were crazy to start with.  But, you can't be concerned with how "they" feel.  Every night, you come home, you check your email, you check CFL, you check USCIS, you check GUZ, you check everything that is possible to check, and -- no change.  You get through to the next day.  You check again.  You wait -- no change.  A week goes by,  two weeks go by, three weeks, you check -- no change.  You keep reading CFL.  You read about guys like Rick and his SO Yanlan and what a hell of a time he's having.  You feel bad for him.  You want to help.  But, your case is what's important to you.  You wait-- a few more days --- no change.  You keep telling your friends  "sorry, nothing to report, no change."  You just sit, night after night, and you wonder,  "what in hell am I doing?"  Then you think about your lady and it gives you strength to move on to the next night, and the next, and the next .  .  .

208785[/snapback]

One year ago. Just one year ago I could have written this post myself. Wondering if this whole dream was going to just linger forever of if my Sweetheart would lose faith and leave me right where I started from. I also had some of those questions. It's not easy telling family and friends about someone when you have to keep with the "trust me" and "I can't wait for you to meet her". I would wonder if people would talk after I leave about how sad it is that I was chasing someone and something just too far out of reach.

But then, a lot has changed. Those fears were replaced. I now have memories of my parents along with Jen's cousin at the airport to welcome us both back home. Or the memoriy of my mother saying how much of a delight Jen is and happy she is that she finally made it to the US. I could go on with so much more, but all I want to say is that almost eveyone here has thought and wondered. The trick is to keep in mind that the day is coming. You'll be telling everyone about her interview and eventual visa. And most of all, you will be able to introduce her to them.

As of today, I can't quite remember exactly what it was like not having Jen here. At this point, it has only been about 10 months, but then, that has been a 10 months we both have waited so long for.

Hang in there and don't loose site of the brass ring. I only hope that in one year, you all will be responding in kind when yet another person caught up in this whole mess stopps to ask, "did you ever sit and just wonder?"

Hoping all of your dreams come true,

Jim & Jen :hug:

Confirmed! Watching my case status at USCIS was a waste of my time.

I received NOA 2 Saturday 04-22-06, NOA 1 receipt date of 04-17-06, and my case status on the USCIS site was not up dated until Monday the 24th.

On 04-21-06 the update processing dates, CSC, changed from Jan 13 to Feb 3 for K1, my NOA 1 date 01-27-06. Possibly this should be the " completed processing dates " instead of " currently processing. " Well, in my case anyway.

Oh, then they send me the emails on the 24th, 4 emails saying the above petition has been approved..........bla, bla, bla. The exact same email each time.

2 emails from USCIS-CSSO

2 emails from CRIS : USCIS-SRMT

I was happy to see some progress, but I question the flow of events. I pictured that I would see an email notification, a change in my account at USCIS on the web, and then receive the NOA 2 in the mail. In that order. Naw, it would make too much sense, but so far nothing in this process makes sense to me.

10 Months? " Sofa King We Todd Did "

Go figure?

Oh well, " Next! "

208785[/snapback]

One year ago. Just one year ago I could have written this post myself. Wondering if this whole dream was going to just linger forever of if my Sweetheart would lose faith and leave me right where I started from. I also had some of those questions. It's not easy telling family and friends about someone when you have to keep with the "trust me" and "I can't wait for you to meet her". I would wonder if people would talk after I leave about how sad it is that I was chasing someone and something just too far out of reach.

But then, a lot has changed. Those fears were replaced. I now have memories of my parents along with Jen's cousin at the airport to welcome us both back home. Or the memoriy of my mother saying how much of a delight Jen is and happy she is that she finally made it to the US. I could go on with so much more, but all I want to say is that almost eveyone here has thought and wondered. The trick is to keep in mind that the day is coming. You'll be telling everyone about her interview and eventual visa. And most of all, you will be able to introduce her to them.

As of today, I can't quite remember exactly what it was like not having Jen here. At this point, it has only been about 10 months, but then, that has been a 10 months we both have waited so long for.

Hang in there and don't loose site of the brass ring. I only hope that in one year, you all will be responding in kind when yet another person caught up in this whole mess stopps to ask, "did you ever sit and just wonder?"

Hoping all of your dreams come true,

Jim & Jen :rolleyes:

209569[/snapback]

Thanx Feathers, I needed that :D I remember when I first joined, you were just getting there. It does warm my heart to hear you two are doing so wonderful. I know from over a years worth of reading these threads, many are happy endings. I'm not so naive as to believe everyone will enjoy their times indefinitely, but I've read of some very good first years.

Thanx to all of you that give us "Newbies" a glimmer of hope. :D