CR1 Choice of Agent

Guest pushbrk

Guest pushbrk

I know anybody including my wife can be the agent. However, it would seem most efficient to have a US agent (me) until after the case is on hand in GUZ. It's much easier for me to pay the CR1/2 visa fees from here. Then, for the P4 have the mail sent to my wife in China.

What is the most efficient way to handle this?

I know anybody including my wife can be the agent.  However, it would seem most efficient to have a US agent (me) until after the case is on hand in GUZ.  It's much easier for me to pay the CR1/2 visa fees from here. Then, for the P4 have the mail sent to my wife in China.

208583[/snapback]

I would agree that you should keep it stateside as mail has been lost in China. My wife did not receive her P3 packet GUZ sent the first time. Also a friend of mine and his SO ddidn't receive P4 the first time around.

Guest pushbrk
I know anybody including my wife can be the agent.?However, it would seem most efficient to have a US agent (me) until after the case is on hand in GUZ.?It's much easier for me to pay the CR1/2 visa fees from here. Then, for the P4 have the mail sent to my wife in China.

208583[/snapback]

I would agree that you should keep it stateside as mail has been lost in China. My wife did not receive her P3 packet GUZ sent the first time. Also a friend of mine and his SO ddidn't receive P4 the first time around.

208596[/snapback]

Isn't the catch 22 that the form is sent to her in China to begin with? Can this be circumvented by sending the form in advance?

Then catch 23 is that the P4 comes from GUZ to the US and I send it back to her in China.

I'm not sure I understand the logistics.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Isn't the catch 22 that the form is sent to her in China to begin with??Can this be circumvented by sending the form in advance?

Then catch 23 is that the P4 comes from GUZ to the US and I send it back to her in China.?

208599[/snapback]

I checked our time line, you are on the way to NVC.

To fasten your process in NVC you can follow this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

I am following it step by step right now ,you can check my time line, I wrote it in details.

The agent only work for that:See the orange part in this FLOWCHAR :

http://www.laogonglaopo.com/001files/Ameri...art_EN_Rels.htm

1# Receive 380$ IV fee bill and pay for it;

2# Receive P3

3# Just get an inform ,do nothing.

So choose whether yourself or your SO as agent both will be ok, Choose yourself as the agent will get the 380$ sooner than it arive China.

P4 of CR1 and CR2 will send to China DIRECTLY not to you.

Edited by mama bear (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Isn't the catch 22 that the form is sent to her in China to begin with??Can this be circumvented by sending the form in advance?

Then catch 23 is that the P4 comes from GUZ to the US and I send it back to her in China.?

208599[/snapback]

I checked our time line, you are on the way to NVC.

To fasten your process in NVC you can follow this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

I am following it step by step right now ,you can check my time line, I wrote it in details.

The agent only work for that:See the orange part in this FLOWCHAR :

http://www.laogonglaopo.com/001files/Ameri...art_EN_Rels.htm

1# Receive 380$ IV fee bill and pay for it;

2# Receive P3

3# Just get an inform ,do nothing.

So choose whether yourself or your SO as agent both will be ok, Choose yourself as the agent will get the 380$ sooner than it arive China.

P4 of CR1 and CR2 will send to China DIRECTLY not to you.

208605[/snapback]

Thanks, that clears up a lot. Which set of shortcuts are you following?

The P2.5 for the CR-1 has the agent form (DS3032) and the $70 fee in it. I received the agent form as did my wife (in a separate package than her P3).

The document (english version) says specifically:

"Given the difficulties often encountered with international mail, we encourage applicants to seek an agent with a U.S. postal address."

The emphasis is theirs. I filled out the form and she signed it. I have me as the agent. It seems to be not for P4 type documents needed for correspondence between the NVC and the applicant (and their agent once the form is received).

They state in the document that this form is a requirement for continued processing of the application (in my case the 130/cr-1).

Edited by mercator (see edit history)

When mails get lost, we cannot blame China post office all the time.

(I've sent lots of personal packages for past 10 years and the post office never loses anything cuz I write the correct address.)

I saw a V92 applicant, her packet got lost 3 times. She faxed her address to the consulate many times.

The consulate staff reversed Chinese characters when writing the address on the envelop and the packet was returned to the consulate.

Now, they send V92 applicant stickers on which the applicant can write her address in Chinese and sends the stickers back to the consulate.