Timeline

Guest ShaQuaNew

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew
Not sure how much trouble it would be but I think a sort by NVC Sent date for each visa category would have some value.

208348[/snapback]

Not clear on what you mean. Are you speaking of adding a new column or renaming the existing NVC sent date? The NVC sent date currently equals the date that appears on the letter sent to the petitioner by the NVC.

208349[/snapback]

I mean that for each category of Visa (you only list one at the moment) it would be of value to list the members in either ascending or descending the order of their NVC approval date. It would make it easier for those with similar timelines to compare.

208351[/snapback]

I think what your meaning is to list the visas both by category, and in order ascending order according to the NVC ship to GUZ date. Indeed yes, that can and will be done as I compile more names and visa types, while becoming more proficient at doing it. Right now I'm compiling the list manually, but hope to automate compilation over the weekend.

Again, those that wish to be added to the list, please PM me and provide the appropriate information if it's not contained in your timeline.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Anyone that not appearing on the K1 list, please PM me.

..-----------------------------------Upcoming Interview Date Table-------------------------------------"

..CFL Name..............NVC Sent.....P3........P4......Interview..Type...Pass..Comments

..--------------------..--------..--------..---------..---------..-----..----..------------------------"

".Redsunset52...........09/15/05..12/26/05..04/05/06...05/31/06....K1....---...None......

".jim_julian............11/09/05..01/05/06..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".IluvmyLi..............11/23/05..01/16/06..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Michael and Manyun....01/20/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".cocolei...............01/20/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".ShaQuaNew.............01/24/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".cdrobbin66............01/27/06..03/23/06..04/10/06...05/11/06....K1....---...None......

".A Mafan...............02/10/06..04/05/06..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Travelers.............03/08/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Chef4u................03/16/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Paul..................03/16/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Longstrangetrip.......03/16/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Chris+XiaoXia.........03/23/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Jemmyell..............03/24/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

Not sure how much trouble it would be but I think a sort by NVC Sent date for each visa category would have some value.

208348[/snapback]

Not clear on what you mean. Are you speaking of adding a new column or renaming the existing NVC sent date? The NVC sent date currently equals the date that appears on the letter sent to the petitioner by the NVC.

208349[/snapback]

I mean that for each category of Visa (you only list one at the moment) it would be of value to list the members in either ascending or descending the order of their NVC approval date. It would make it easier for those with similar timelines to compare.

208351[/snapback]

I think what your meaning is to list the visas both by category, and in order ascending order according to the NVC ship to GUZ date. Indeed yes, that can and will be done as I compile more names and visa types, while becoming more proficient at doing it. Right now I'm compiling the list manually, but hope to automate compilation over the weekend.

Again, those that wish to be added to the list, please PM me and provide the appropriate information if it's not contained in your timeline.

208556[/snapback]

I think the different visa catagory should go to different lists, because the procedure is different.

For example, I just checked my records. I noticed that my P3 response was sent to NVC instead of GUZ.

I also think the time the P3 response was sent matters also. In my case, I sent P3 response more than a month later after recieved the P3 package. (I didn't read the information carefully and thought I needed to gather all the certificates before I could mail the response. )

Guest ShaQuaNew

I think the different visa catagory should go to different lists, because the procedure is different.

For example, I just checked my records.  I noticed that my P3 response was sent to NVC instead of GUZ

I also think the time the P3 response was sent matters also.  In my case, I sent P3 response more than a month later after recieved the P3 package.  (I didn't read the information carefully and thought I needed to gather all the certificates before I could mail the response. )

208611[/snapback]

Very good points Joanne. Right now looking at having multiple charts for each visa category, as combining other visa types in one chart is not statistically friendly. Besides, it will be easier for our members to view a real-time chart that will live in a location where it can be periodically updated. This way, members can click and view the current status of all K1s, CR1s, K3s, whatever.

..-----------------------------------Upcoming Interview Date Table-------------------------------------"

..CFL Name..............NVC Sent.....P3........P4......Interview..Type...Pass..Comments

..--------------------..--------..--------..---------..---------..-----..----..------------------------"

".Redsunset52...........09/15/05..12/26/05..04/05/06...05/31/06....K1....---...None......

".jim_julian............11/09/05..01/05/06..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".IluvmyLi..............11/23/05..01/16/06..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Michael and Manyun....01/20/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".cocolei...............01/20/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".ShaQuaNew.............01/24/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".cdrobbin66............01/27/06..03/23/06..04/10/06...05/11/06....K1....---...None......

".A Mafan...............02/10/06..04/05/06..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Travelers.............03/08/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Chef4u................03/16/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Paul..................03/16/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Longstrangetrip.......03/16/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Chris+XiaoXia.........03/23/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

".Jemmyell..............03/24/06..--/--/--..--/--/--...--/--/--....K1....---...None......

208607[/snapback]

I just want to say thank you again for your time and effort putting this together and maintaining it! This looks great! Although I am always hesitant to make suggestions when someone else is so graciously volunteering their time, one chart for each type of visa (ie., K1, K3, etc.), and the chronological sort of NVC dates are excellent ideas.

Once we are out of the black hole known as CSC, I'll give you our dates.

208607[/snapback]

I just want to say thank you again for your time and effort putting this together and maintaining it! This looks great! Although I am always hesitant to make suggestions when someone else is so graciously volunteering their time, one chart for each type of visa (ie., K1, K3, etc.), and the chronological sort of NVC dates are excellent ideas.

Once we are out of the black hole known as CSC, I'll give you our dates.

208628[/snapback]

Yo, Jesse....gots to say diito to what Coulter said here!! I really appreciate you taking the time to research and to implement these various charts. I want to say that you are certainly a tremedous asset to Candle, sooooo....please allow me to give you this ovation!!

:rolleyes: :huh: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks for the Kudos guys. DavidZixuan is helping out with some code in Excel. We are very limited as to what we can do on this site so we're having to come up with workarounds to make the chart easy to read here, and also easy to manage in an external environment. For those that are code-savvy, you can see that there are a good number of tags used in order to make it look like it does.

I've developed a spreadsheet for input and analysis, coupled with some code to enable to tags to be where they should. David's helping with the more advanced formulas in Excel, so he too deserves some thanks here.

I think many would agree that having a single place where we could all click and look at a chart for a particular visa type would be a great addition. Also, having that chart live in a place on the server where it can be updated as our members timelines change. This would be much easier to view and manage over that of an on-going thread.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've spent a good deal of time tracking other peoples timelines to see how they compare with my own. We can all get a better idea how long the process it taking for others, and in turn will take for us. While VJ has it's own timeline tracking system, I don't think it user-friendly, or easily readable. The idea here is to have a single place where we can view a sorted history of timelines as they appear from the oldest, to the newest.

Keep in mind, while suggestions are welcome, we are very limited as to what we can do here. The columns were picked according the the major events that apply to most visas.

Thanks for the Kudos guys. DavidZixuan is helping out with some code in Excel. We are very limited as to what we can do on this site so we're having to come up with workarounds to make the chart easy to read here, and also easy to manage in an external environment. For those that are code-savvy, you can see that there are a good number of tags used in order to make it look like it does.

I've developed a spreadsheet for input and analysis, coupled with some code to enable to tags to be where they should. David's helping with the more advanced formulas in Excel, so he too deserves some thanks here.

I think many would agree that having a single place where we could all click and look at a chart for a particular visa type would be a great addition. Also, having that chart live in a place on the server where it can be updated as our members timelines change. This would be much easier to view and manage over that of an on-going thread.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've spent a good deal of time tracking other peoples timelines to see how they compare with my own. We can all get a better idea how long the process it taking for others, and in turn will take for us. While VJ has it's own timeline tracking system, I don't think it user-friendly, or easily readable. The idea here is to have a single place where we can view a sorted history of timelines as they appear from the oldest, to the newest.

Keep in mind, while suggestions are welcome, we are very limited as to what we can do here. The columns were picked according the the major events that apply to most visas.

208644[/snapback]

well...here is my ovation to David as well!!! Great teamwork guys!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

David has FTP access to the FAQ directory. He can push any updates there and provide a link from the main forum. I'll pin and close it so it will be readily available to members but not run into endless posts.

208751[/snapback]

I thought that Jesse getting all of the post count hits from updating was one of his perks! :rolleyes:

-James

208644[/snapback]

Jesse and David...thank you both. You guys are key players on CFL in my book. And, you have both PM'd me out of the blue to offer comments and support.

Reinstituting the timeline is nothing short of fantastic. I have tried with very limited success to manually check other signatures, but I just don't have the time or patience. What you guys are doing is a great service to the rest of the members.

And now, I can readily see that Jesse and I have already been passed by regarding the receipt of the P3. I called DOS 3 times last week. On Monday at 11:00 a.m. EDT I got the message that they were closed that day. On Tuesday at 1:30, same thing. On Thursday at 3:30 I got through, but was told that my wait time would be at least 20 minutes. My boss walked into my office, and that was the end of my wait. I will try again this coming Monday.

Again, a heartfelt thanks for giving up some of your free time to help the rest of us out.

Michael