April 3rd I left for Shanghai to bring my wife home. After a hectic week of visiting with family and friends we did some last minute shopping for goods she believed were unavailable in the US, including some Chinese medicines (according to her there much better than ours) :( and then I was given a lesson in the art of Chinese suitcase packing. (how to squeeze 80lbs of luggage into a 50lb suitcase) :blink:

So with four overstuffed suitcases and additional oversized carryons we departed from Pu Dong airport enroute to LAX on April 11th.

Upon arrival, LA customs officials directed us to the far right of passport control where at counter number 17 we handed in our sealed package from Guangzhou and were told they did not need our Xrays.

After my wife was fingerprinted we were told to take a seat and that it would take about 20 minutes to process her. I then went to retrieve our luggage and upon returning 10 minutes later found that my wife had already been given her processed paperwork. Next stop was the customs counter where I told them we had nothing to declare. They took an empathetic look at me struggling with the tonage on the luggage cart and cleared us through.:blink: (overall very easy)

Now she has been here a week and has already connected with some of her friends from 001. Life is great.

:hug: