Anyone's Fiancee Pick Up K1 Recently?

Li's pick up letter in the EMS said for her to be at the Consulate between 9 and 10 AM. We will be there promptly at nine on Monday morning. Has anyone picked up a K1 recently? If so, what is the drill? Do they still have to leave the passport and come back in the afternoon or the next day? I read Dave's thread about his unfortunate experience and there was one post on 001 about a girl who was interviewed on August 19. She received EMS and went to the Consulate. They took her passport but gave her no visa, nor would they tell her when she needed to return.

I am hoping to get some info from any recent pickups. I don't know what to expect exactly and, knowing GZ, would be surprised at nothing. :D :rolleyes: :lol:

Mick,  Yirong was able to get her visa the same day but normal proceedure is to hand in the pp and pick it up the next day.  I guess if you lean on them lightly, they may give it to you the same day.

Thanks Ski. Li can be pretty good at leaning if she has to be. :rolleyes:

Mick, just got off the phone with Ying. She said there was not so many people today around 100 in the get visa line. They took her passport and the new pictures. They gave her a white paper and told her to come back at 4 this afternoon to get the visa....wow over a year just for a paper...

She will give me a call when she gets the visa tonight (China time)..

I just arived back in the states after beeing all over Asia for 3 weeks on Friday,

So Jet Lag, then DOS saying that GZ needs more paper work, to getting EMS at 4 in the afternoon Ying gets a flight at 8 that night to GZ. It has happend so fast!!

I have got her tickets for Monday and I will meet her in San Fan!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Mick, just got off the phone with Ying. She said there was not so many people today around 100 in the get visa line. They took her passport and the new pictures. They gave her a white paper and told her to come back at 4 this afternoon to get the visa....wow over a year just for a paper...

I just arived back in the states after beeing all over Asia for 3 weeks on Friday,

So Jet Lag, then DOS saying that GZ needs more paper work, to getting EMS at 4 in the afternoon Ying gets a flight at 8 that night to GZ. It has happend so fast!!

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :D  :D

Thanks for the info Mike. Wish we had gone ahead and went there yesterday so we could have picked up the visa today. But it was difficult to get our classes rescheduled. :rolleyes:

So we will be there bright and early Monday, but I expect it to be far busier on Monday. Glad to hear it all worked out. Get some rest, then head for the Bay Area. :D :D :D

:rolleyes:  :D  :D  :D

Thanks for the info Mike. Wish we had gone ahead and went there yesterday so we could have picked up the visa today. But it was difficult to get our classes rescheduled. :rolleyes:

So we will be there bright and early Monday, but I expect it to be far busier on Monday. Glad to hear it all worked out. Get some rest, then head for the Bay Area. :D :D :D

I think we will sleep for a year when she arives :D :D :D :D

Ok, now time for me to sleep!! :rolleyes:

see my eyes are closing :P

Mick,

My wife said that the K-1 people were still on basically the same routine as before. Hand in their pick-up notice and passport if they had not left it before and come back in the afternoon to pick up their visas.

The IR and CR people where taken into the consulate area in the morning and handed in their paperwork. They then waited for about an hour. From what she said it was outside the shack where they confiscated your dangerous felt tip pen. After an hour she said they rolled out a cart loaded with visas and took them into that shack and started calling names. She said when they came out with the cart load it looked to her like the carts the street vendors use and she thought they were going to try to sell refreshments to the people waiting. (You have to have lived in China to understand why that would seem perfectly logical to her).

As for needing the actual envelope that the notice arrived in; she did not have that with her and she had no problem at all. Just had to show her national ID card.

Mick,

My wife said that the K-1 people were still on basically the same routine as before.  Hand in their pick-up notice and passport if they had not left it before and come back in the afternoon to pick up their visas. 

The IR and CR people where taken into the consulate area in the morning and handed in their paperwork.  They then waited for about an hour.  From what she said it was outside the shack where they confiscated your dangerous felt tip pen.  After an hour she said they rolled out a cart loaded with visas and took them into that shack and started calling names.  She said when they came out with the cart load it looked to her like the carts the street vendors use and she thought they were going to try to sell refreshments to the people waiting.  (You have to have lived in China to understand why that would seem perfectly logical to her). 

As for needing the actual envelope that the notice arrived in; she did not have that with her and she had no problem at all.  Just had to show her national ID card.

You have got to be kidding me Owen. They acutally rolled out a vending cart loaded with visas and started calling names????

And yes, I remember that shack, and the confiscated felt tip! :rolleyes:

My August fiancée got her EMS yesterday.

The whole thing is kind of strange because it happened suddenly.

I call DOS yesterday and today to verify when did our case got cleared but the case is showing still pending and EMS sent out by 03/04.

Don't know it because GZ don't have time to update the detail status or like Mick said one lady received EMS but they took her passport and gave her no visa in return will happen due to this.

Can some of newborn EMS owners’ GG verify that as well? :D

ST :rolleyes:

My August fiancée got her EMS yesterday.

The whole thing is kind of strange because it happened suddenly.

I call DOS yesterday and today to verify when did our case got cleared but the case is showing still pending and EMS sent out by 03/04.

Don't know it because GZ don't have time to update the detail status or like Mick said one lady received EMS but they took her passport and gave her no visa in return will happen due to this.

Can some of newborn EMS owners’ GG verify that as well? :)

ST :D

Great. Now there is hope for people (like me) who called DOS and don't get any answers.

Thanks and congrats. :rolleyes: