Can I pay the USD$380 for the interview

She says in the Chinese version there is a bill for $380 but that either of us can pay it, but it apparently is vague on how I can pay it for her.

Also, she thinks she goes to the interview with $380 in cash, but I don't think that is correct. Can anyone tell me how things really are and if I can just pay this myself.

This is K-3 129F P3 stuff. 335 + 45.

Thanks!

I may be wrong Merc, but I think the K-3 visa fee is only $100 which should be paid locally before the interview at one of the designated banks. http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/k3visa.html

With the change in exchange rates, others have reported that the fee is now RMB 810 rather than RMB 830 as shown on the consulate's website.

The $380 that your wife sees probably relates to the IV visa fee rather than the K-3 visa fee.

Usually the fee is paid prior to the medical exam as some of them want to include it in the sealed envelope... but you will have time to go pay this prior to picking up the envelope if they do want it... Check with the medical personnel.

I would recommend your SO do it with her passport, GUZ # and appointment letter on hand in case they ask for any of it.

---

If a USC is able to pay for this fee without needing the SO there.. I'd like to hear it and put it in the FAQ...

If this is a K-3 interview, your SO will pay for a non-immigrant visa application fee. The fee is paid via a local branch of CITIC bank. She can take her interview appointment letter along, the bank clerk will know the correct amount. It is around US$100. She will receive two receipts, one to keep, one to be sealed with rest of her documents by the doctor at the physical exam hospital for later handing over to GUZ.

If it is a CR-1 or IR-1 interview, then (unless DCF) you have already paid the $380 prior to P3 (I don't remember exactly at which stage of the application). She would not need to pay anything at the interview.

Usually the fee is paid prior to the medical exam as some of them want to include it in the sealed envelope...

If a USC is able to pay for this fee without needing the SO there.. I'd like to hear it and put it in the FAQ...

207575[/snapback]

I walked to the bank with the hotel boss where we were staying and paid the fee at the bank while my wife was getting her physical.

Usually the fee is paid prior to the medical exam as some of them want to include it in the sealed envelope...

207575[/snapback]

I walked to the bank with the hotel boss where we were staying and paid the fee at the bank while my wife was getting her physical.

207771[/snapback]

What did you have to present to them , anything or know what the hotel boss said?

Guest pushbrk

207575[/snapback]

207771[/snapback]

What did you have to present to them , anything or know what the hotel boss said?

207923[/snapback]

It would be good to reconfirm the type of visa fee paid. This sounds like the standard procedure for a K visa. In this thread, Merc asks about the CR1 visa fee of $380.

Guest pushbrk
In this thread, Merc asks about the CR1 visa fee of $380.

207932[/snapback]

:blink: :blink:

This is K-3 129F P3 stuff.  335 + 45.

207934[/snapback]

Nevertheless, the visa fee for K3 is $100 and the CR1 is $380. Actually Frank cleared that up early in the thread. It's not clear to me what Merc's wife is reading but if she applies for the K3 visa, she'll be paying $100, not $380.

The questions on the table seem to be whether there is some way for the beneficiary/applicant to pay the CR1 fee in China and whether it is possible for the petitioner to pay the K visa fee in the US.

The answer we are getting is how to pay the K visa fee in GUZ. To my understanding, that was never the question.

In this thread, Merc asks about the CR1 visa fee of $380.

207932[/snapback]

:blink: :blink:

This is K-3 129F P3 stuff.?335 + 45.

207934[/snapback]

Nevertheless, the visa fee for K3 is $100 and the CR1 is $380. Actually Frank cleared that up early in the thread. It's not clear to me what Merc's wife is reading but if she applies for the K3 visa, she'll be paying $100, not $380.

The questions on the table seem to be whether there is some way for the beneficiary/applicant to pay the CR1 fee in China and whether it is possible for the petitioner to pay the K visa fee in the US.

The answer we are getting is how to pay the K visa fee in GUZ. To my understanding, that was never the question.

207940[/snapback]

I feel that the thread has become confused at this point..

How about Merc state if he's got his answer or if there is something unanswered still ...

207575[/snapback]

207771[/snapback]

207923[/snapback]

It would be good to reconfirm the type of visa fee paid. This sounds like the standard procedure for a K visa. In this thread, Merc asks about the CR1 visa fee of $380.

207932[/snapback]

No this is K-3. In her P3 she has two fees to pay. The first is the 810/830RMB (we paid 830RMB) she paid yesterday at a bank, and got two receipts for. The other is one for $380US and I assume that is the fee paid upon granting of the visa for processing, but I am not entirely sure. She thinks she is supposed to bring $380 in cash to the consulate, but that doesn't sound right to me. She says it is a $335 fee plus a $45 fee together.

Maybe P4 will elaborate for us?

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk

207575[/snapback]

207771[/snapback]

207923[/snapback]

207932[/snapback]

No this is K-3. In her P3 she has two fees to pay. The first is the 810/830RMB (we paid 830RMB) she paid yesterday at a bank, and got two receipts for. The other is one for $380US and I assume that is the fee paid upon granting of the visa for processing, but I am not entirely sure. She thinks she is supposed to bring $380 in cash to the consulate, but that doesn't sound right to me. She says it is a $335 fee plus a $45 fee together.

Maybe P4 will elaborate for us?

207956[/snapback]

Doesn't sound right to me either. I think Joanne has a handle on it. There might be a list of fees in her paperwork but not all are applicable to your case.

I think Mike's right.. that she's getting a list of fees and therefore thinking they both apply to her K3...

One further note on the $380 CR1 fee.. if not paid at NVC for some reason, then it is brought to to the interview, but I assume this must apply to DCFers...

Immigrant Visa fees, if they have not been paid to the NVC, must be paid at the Consular Section in Guangzhou.  NIV applicants, including K visa applicants, can pay the visa fee at any designated CITIC branch in China.  The Shanghai Consulate's website, for example, lists the branches where you may pay the NIV fee. http://shanghai.usembassy-china.org.cn/cit..._locations.html.

207861[/snapback]