Keep this site going after this mess is all over!

I think we should this site going after this mess is all over (hopefully soon). We can post some useful information as to how to adjust into this Amercan culture,etc and for the American partners to understand the Chinese culture.

I stumbled into this whole visa delay situation because of my daughter, but I am more than willing to help you build up a support group around this site (someone mentioned to me). My personal experience in this country for 13 years and married to a German-American husband certainly can help you with some do's and don'ts in a mixed culture environment.

This page is nicer than G7 more readable than 001 since our American friends are mostly not bilingual.

You guys did a very good job on this page. This page certainly has helped me in dealing with the delay situation. I was very depressed before I found G7 which led me into here. My daughter was crying on the phone when I told her she could not join us for Thanksgiving....

Thanks guys for all of your work. It is nice to know that you are not alone!

Charlotte

Only time will tell. I think for this to continue on we need to get more people involved, maybe even do some sort of consolidation of groups, we basically all live busy lives and once things are settled, everyone has different priorities. I used to be a lot more active before my wife got her K-3 visa, but after a while trying to answer the same questions over and over again get's a little tiring, that's why we're always saying look back at the archives, none of the information has changed, just not been talked about recently, etc. I'll do my best, but can't gaurentee anything unfortunately.

By accident, I am a good cook too. I have found some American, german recipes that would please both Chinese and Amercian's taste (share with you later). Any Chinese food I like, I would try it out on my husband and if he likes it, I will make it for the potluck with Americans, usually a huge success. I don't like the American Chinese food in many restaurants here, but my hubby likes Chinese buffet, so I had to go sometimes. But he likes me to give parties, this way he can sample everything I make like a buffet for him. For two of us daily I can't cook too much.

Just something funny for you guys, last Xmas, I made some egg rolls for the potluck at work, I dropped some for the some people that I used to work with, before I reached my office, I got a voice mailing saying: "I have eight men in my office; 4 want to marry you and other 4 want to place lunch order for tomorrow." There goes the saying: "Love goes through stomach." For girls whose hubby can cook, you are lucky. My daughter may be one of them!!!

Charlotte

When we were in the US a couple months ago, I was scared that my wife wouldn't like the food there. When we went to our friends (who had just immigranted from Germany), she thought that was the best "western" food she's eaten. When we told them, they though, that's strange, we didn't cook any "western" food, just German food. I told them that "western" is all point of reference, since she is from China, Germany is to the west of her, they thought that was very funny.

Hi All,

We will definitely keep this site going! In fact, I am planning a number of very large enhancements to the site in the not-too-distant future. I believe these are enhancements that many will find useful. Hmmm ... I'm going to be rather secretive about them because I am writing custom software here instead of using off-the-shelf products, so I don't want to promise to add x, y, z to the site and not deliver ... :D :P :blink:

Thanks,

P.J.

PS ... hehe this ended up being the 1000th reply.