• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!!! How about the obvious choice? Surprised no one has mentioned it>

MIAMI!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :P  B)  B)  B)

Just kidding folks, just kidding. :)

The team city who wins the Super Bowl next year is the destination. It is like the lottery, just like our visas. :rolleyes:

Guest enight

WOW a Cruise? like this kind? ... http://www.nd.edu/~ndband/photos/scandinavia/097%20-%20Day%207%20-%20Copenhagen%20-%20Cruise%20ship.JPG

never been on it, how's that? like a 5 stars hotel? and have a swimming pool on the deck? :rolleyes:

whatever, when your guys decided where to go, I will just following! :rolleyes:

WOW a Cruise? like this kind? ... http://www.nd.edu/~ndband/photos/scandinavia/097%20-%20Day%207%20-%20Copenhagen%20-%20Cruise%20ship.JPG

never been on it, how's that? like a 5 stars hotel? and have a swimming pool on the deck?  :lol:

whatever, when your guys decided where to go, I will just following!  :rolleyes:

Never a boat that small!!!!

:unsure: :lol:

Hello again everyone. Well there were some really interesting suggestions on where to have this reunion. Personally with Denver being about 2000 miles from Boston I do not see how you can say this is centrally located in the US, and I am an avid skier having been to Aspen, Vail, Keystone and Breckenridge several times. When I talk centrally I do mean North America, sorry but I do not think there is more then one person we know of living in Hawaii.

The reason I mentioned a cruise is because I do not know, nor do I want to the incomes of everyone involved. But cruises have many different categories of cabins that will fit everyone’s budget. As far as any immigration problems that may concern anyone, by next year everyone should have their loved ones here filed for their AOS and can easily file for the Advanced Parole. Which will allow anyone to travel freely in and out of the US

This is just the beginning of a process that will take SOME time to plan. So this is what I see as our options (and this is just my opinion) as most people said they would rather not travel in the winter or for whatever other reasons it may not be possible for them to travel in the winter. So here are some of my suggestions/compromises.

Here are six suggestions, I would like to narrow the choices down to two then we can go from there. We will give people a few days to put their 2 cents worth in....

Orlando-April 2004.

Chicago-May 2004

Cruise-Out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale-April 2004 Bigger then the ship submitted...

Denver-April/May-2004

San Francisco-May 2004

Las Vegas-May 2004

Personal note and all you people from Denver correct me if I am wrong. The main attraction to Denver is skiing. Denver is a very beautiful city however, they do have some very beautiful State Parks. Rocky Mountain and Estes Park National Parks come to mind. I do not know if I would call Denver an international city as much as some of the other cities mentioned.

All you people from Denver please be kind with your responses when you attempt to inform me about any misconceptions I may have inadvertently placed here.

REMEMBER NOTHING I HAVE SUGGESTED IS ETCHED IN STONE. THESE ARE JUST SOME SUGGESTIONS. THE FINAL DECISION AND DESTINATION WILL BE DECIDED BY THIS GROUP FROM CFL!!!

WHATEVER IS DECIDED BY THE GROUP, WE WILL JUST PICK THE DATES AND THEN EVERYONE CAN ARRANGE THEIR OWN TRAVEL PLANS!!

As I read this thread I am becoming more and more confused :o as to what you all mean by a reunion. My idea of a reunion is a bringing together of people with a common bond to meet or re-visit with one another, sharing news and friendships. We want to put faces and personalities with those that we have known only by posts, PM's, emails, and phone calls. I would consider everything else an extracurricular activity - which is ok as long as we do accomplish the above and get as many of us together for this reunion as possible.

I have been to high school reunions and family reunions and they typically last a day or two. A day or two is not so hard to get off from work in the summer. Some people here have mentioned a cruise. Are we talking reunion here, or are we talking major community vacation time together? :o

I don't know how many vacations/annually everyone else gets, but I get one per year. I plan on using this vacation time to travel with my wife to China to visit my inlaws - that is until our home business is producing sufficient income to allow quitting the "day job" and travelling anywhere anytime for as long as we wish to stay.

A word or two on "Centrally Located." Now if you were to travel accross America from San Francisco to Virginia Beach (coast-to-coast on approximately the same longitude), you would find that Wichita, KS, is the most centrally-located large city in the U.S. 1374 miles from SF and 1174 miles from Va. Beach. What is in Wichita? The shark. Nearest large international airports? DIA 431 miles from Wichita. If STL is a large intnt'l airport, it is 392 miles from Wichita. Chicago is 588 miles from centrally located Wichita.

I still vote for Denver which is not too hot in late spring/early summer, and the humidity is always low - unlike Florida and Chicago where the humidity makes breathing nearly impossible during the late spring and summer months. Owen mentioned LV as having cheap air fares. This is true as LV is always offering discount packages to try and get people to come to town, but I realize this may be far away for most of us, and lodging can be expensive if during holidays.

I wouldn't mind going to Denver. I can always drive my wife and I from where I live and she can see some great scenery on the way there. And we can all stay at Jon's house! <_< <KIDDING!!! We couldn't all stay there, there wouldn't be enough room unless we were stacked like wood or somthing. <chuckles> >

Phil

I agree with the Wolfman on his definition of a reunion. When this first came up I was thinking along the lines of a one day get together to put faces with the names and to renew old friendships. When I was of school age in the mountains of Pennsylvania, family reunions where common. They were normally held in a shelter house in a public or private park and were just one day. This seems about right to me. I also agree that most members will want to use any extended vacation for their own family. I know that when I was in industry I once went over five years between being able to take more than a four day weekend at a time.

As for where, I still would suggest Chicago as the best most centrally located location. Unless it should be during the earlier time suggested of May. Might be a bit cool there then. For that time of year Dallas or Houston might have better weather and still be relatively central. I am native to Kansas and I like Kansas, but it is true that Wichita is a long way from any major airports. Kansas City International actually being the closest at about 225 miles or so. Kansas City is a possibility as we could rent a field house at Swope Park, one of the larger city parks in the country. My personal overall choice? Probably Denver area i.e. Estes, Denver, Colorado Springs.

Maybe we need to select a reunion committee and let their decision stand?