Didnt pass AOS interview

today we went for the AOS interview, and it didn't go as I hoped it would.

My wife had to go get another set of finger prints because it wasn't in the system. I can't belieive those people. The interview said we had to wait for the finger prints to go through and for what ever checks. He said it would take about 3 months. ugh.

The only thing `i didn't bring in is the 2005 tax return, but `i had a employer letter, pay stubs. We also brought in photos, and bank joint account state. He mentioned initially the lack of 2005 tax return may cause a dely, but at the end of the interview he said don't worry about it after he saw most of our other documents.

Since my wife had to get another finger print done, does that also involve going through another name check? The interviewer said a decision should be mailed to us in about 3 months. Is this realistic?

Thanks for any help.

Sounds to me like it went OK but some parts of the process still need to be done. It was explained to me today by USCIS that if biometrics isn't done, the interview will be entered as a pass and then after the final checks are done they will send the green card.

I'd say that unless the flat out told you you failed, your alright. :lol:

I agree with everyone else, sounds more like a delay.

Based on what we were told at our interview, however, I'd get as much additional "supporting" document together as possible to add to the file if requested. So, make sure you get your 2005 tax return done - and make sure it's a joint return. Also if you purchase anything (like a car) see if you can't get both your names listed. That way, if they call you in for an additional interview, you'll be armed with documentation.