Does anybody here know UFCW?

Personally I do not want to join any "Union" or "Organization".

The total amount $468.83 includes monthly memeber dues, initiation fee and administrative fee. I am required to be finished with the payment in three months. And, I need to pay monthy due every month.

I called the Union yesterday. I was advised that joining the Union is a condition of employment.

I will get some information from my managers or co-workers tomorrow as I am working tomorrow.

I hope I could get enough money to do the payment. Or, I maybe lose the job.

204342[/snapback]

Bessie, union shops usually pay higher wages than non union shops and also provide very good benefits. So it will most likely be advantageous to pay the dues and assessments required. You can write these expenses off on your income tax each year.

I was a member of Teamsters Local 628 for 28 years. Because of the union we got superior wages and benefits. The union did a great job representing the workers.

Most people would like to have a union job.

Ken

Ken

Hi, Tonny, I have similar opinion of Unions. Anytime I do not want to join any Organizations nor Unions. But currently, I have no choice. It's my first job in USA. It's very difficult for me to get a start of a new career in USA in the first place.

If you have no other option then there is no reason to think about it. If you can get a job without the union at a little less pay you will probably come out ahead. The UFCW is a very big business. They make their money from encouraging rapid turn over of employees by the employers. This generates iniation fees to join by new members and gives them tthe deposits in pension plans made by employees that lost their jobs before becoming vested.

Well you are learning about American politics by experience.

Good Luck!

Ken

Ken

204346[/snapback]

Could you cite any non-union funded research to support this?

204442[/snapback]

Jimmy Hoffa? :(

204443[/snapback]

:( :shutup: :shutup:

forgot about the true union leaders and backers.

I take back anything negative I said about unions. They are wonderful! They are great!

Guest ShaQuaNew

Ken

204346[/snapback]

Gee ... guess I'm not "most people". In fact I can't think of anyone I know that would qualify as "most people".

But Ken is entitled to his opinion ...

204496[/snapback]

Unions once made up the fabric of the US working class, helping workers get better wages, safer working conditions, health-care, etc. These unions however were infiltrated by organized crime, and demanded that workers pay large sums of money to work.

Unions have outlived their day in the sun in the new global economy and are virtually useless. Personally, I would avoid joining a union for work, but there are a few cases where one must join a union to work in their chosen profession.

Hi, Tonny, I have similar opinion of Unions. Anytime I do not want to join any Organizations nor Unions. But currently, I have no choice. It's my first job in USA. It's very difficult for me to get a start of a new career in USA in the first place.

204415[/snapback]

Hi Bessie,

I also do not approve of Unions at all. But I'm sure my father, who was a shop steward is turning over in his grave.

This is your first job here. You should do what you must, work six months to get 'work experience' then quietly look for another job. It is MUCH easier for someone that has a job to get another job.

NEVER say that you are unhappy where you are currently working.

ALWAYS say that you want to better yourself.

-James