AOS interview failed?!!?!??!!??!

Nope .... we passed!!!

Sorry ... but I had to provide some suspense ... :) :cheering:

Piece of cake. In and out in about 15 minutes. Went in and had to put our cell phones in the car because they have cameras on them. Then turned in our appointment letter and went up to the waiting room. No more than 5 minutes later a woman came in to the waiting room asking for my wife. We followed her to her office.

She had a big file with what looked like everything we sent in. Questions went as follows:

1. What's your name (to my wife)?

2. What's your address?

3. What's your telephone number?

4. Are you working now? Where?

5. A string of "have you ever been broken the law" type questions from the I-485?

6. Have you ever been to the U.S. before? (Yes, oh, on B visas, who did you say you would visit?)

7. What are your parents names?

8. How did you meet? (and follow up questions)

9. When did you get married? Did you have a cermony? (Oh, pictures, let me see ... I'm going to make copies of these)

10. Did you bring any additional evidence of the relationship? (yes - copies of car insurance, health insurance, life insurance, bank statements, wedding program, etc.)

And that's about it. She had a few other questions here and there, but nothing too difficult. Whenever she asked something that my wife didn't catch at first, she asked the same question again in a different way. My wife said she thought the woman spoke too quickly.

Well, after that the interviewer stamped my wife's passport and said the card should arrive in 7-10 days. (I can't wait!) The stamp is good for 2 months.

She then told us a little bit about renewing in 2 years, and that's more or less it.

Oh, one thing. I think at the beginning she asked us for our drivers licenses and her passport, and she said she'd later ask us for EAD and whatnot, but then she didn't bring it up again, and I didn't think about saying anything, so we still have the EAD card. Not that it's of any use really (except for a photo ID ...)

Oh, and one other thing. Despite the fact that I've made like 5 copies of everything over the past two years, I somehow never made a copy of the appointment notice we turned in today. Since the green card is approved, I won't stress this too much, but from those who are a few years farther along, will there be any need for this in the future?

Thanks to everyone for your help over the last couple of years!!!

Oh, one more thing I remembered.

I told the interviewer we would be moving this summer and she said, no problem, just make sure we send in the right form, which I could get from the USCIS website and make sure we keep them updated of our address.

With regard to applying for the permanent green card in 2 years, she said in order to avoid having to come in for an interview, it would be best to fill the application with as much evidence as possible of our relationship - so things like copeis of birth certificates for kids, deeds for a house in both our names if we buy a house, etc., etc., etc.

With regard to applying for the permanent green card in 2 years, she said in order to avoid having to come in for an interview, it would be best to fill the application with as much evidence as possible of our relationship - so things like copeis of birth certificates for kids, deeds for a house in both our names if we buy a house, etc., etc., etc.

203392[/snapback]

Congratulations. You mean we have to do more paperwork in another year and 9 months!?!?. That sucks.

Interesting your stamp is good for 2 months. Ours is good for 1 year, which I did not think about until you mentioned it. I guess the interviewer has great powers as well. Wish you a happy future.