Hello everyone, I am new here and learning alot!

I met a wonderful woman named Lu Yan online. She lives in Nanning, China. I flew to Nanning to meet Yan and her family in August of 2005. I was only able to spend a week there due to my work situation. Yan's family treated me great and made me feel very much at home. Yan received the P3 on January 6th and sent it back to Guanzhou on the 10th, Guanzhou received the package on the 12th. I have called the DOS every week for the last few weeks but never get any information from them. They just tell me no interview has been scheduled as of yet.

I will keep calling every Monday and Friday until I get some news. Can anyone tell me what questions I should be asking the DOS and what information they are able to give me? Thanks!

After GZ enters P3 in their computer, they order her last security (name) check. When that is complete, then it should go into the interview queue.

I would be asking if the name check is complete, and is she in the interview queue.

The interview queue simply means the name check is complete and she is just pending the scheduling of the interview. I think once Jie was in the interview queue, P4 with the interview date came within days.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Curt, Your timeline is fast... so far. Compare yours to mines. I filed my 129F on 5/27/2005, whereas you filed it in Sept/2005.

But yet your P3 return date is the same as mines.

DOS can tell you if the background check is completed, when they mailed out the P4, and when your interview date is.

As far as tracking the P4, they will have little idea on how to track it.

At least that is my impression from the time I called.

Curt, Your timeline is fast... so far. Compare yours to mines. I filed my 129F on 5/27/2005, whereas you filed it in Sept/2005.

But yet your P3 return date is the same as mines.

DOS can tell you if the background check is completed, when they mailed out the P4, and when your interview date is.

As far as tracking the P4, they will have little idea on how to track it.

At least that is my impression from the time I called.

202493[/snapback]

Thanks everyone for the replies, it helps knowing that there are others in the same boat, waiting and waiting!

Guest ShaQuaNew
How do I add a photo of Yan and I?

202512[/snapback]

Go to My Controls and Edit Avatar.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=24

There, you will find the settings you must maintain...

Your avatar must be no bigger than 128 pixels by 128 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 512 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif,jpeg,jpg,swf,png

I have called the DOS every week for the last few weeks but never get any information from them. They just tell me no interview has been scheduled as of yet.

202360[/snapback]

Welcome to Candle. Sounds like your SO may have already cleared the namecheck and she's just waiting for the scheduling of the interiview.

Good luck.

I met a wonderful woman named Lu Yan online. She lives in Nanning, China. I flew to Nanning to meet Yan and her family in August of 2005. I was only able to spend a week there due to my work situation. Yan's family treated me great and made me feel very much at home. Yan received the P3 on January 6th and sent it back to Guanzhou on the 10th, Guanzhou received the package on the 12th. I have called the DOS every week for the last few weeks but never get any information from them. They just tell me no interview has been scheduled as of yet.

I will keep calling every Monday and Friday until I get some news. Can anyone tell me what questions I should be asking the DOS and what information they are able to give me? Thanks!

202360[/snapback]

Hi Curt glad to see you joined up! Grab the cheetoes and a long movie. :P I will be in Nanning in just a few more days looking forward to meeting Yan.

Rick and Yanlan

Welcome to CFL !

You've done good so far, and yes, your sailing along so far ...

Ty is right.. be patient. I would almost suggest not calling DOS so much. I think this can add some anxiety.. I rarely called DOS, trying to time it just after the expected milestone for each step and usually it was completed by the time I called.

good luck