Well I contact DOS and found out our case cleared and was cabled to GZ on Thursday Feb. 27th. We haven't heard from GZ yet but they are receiving 1000s of clearances daily so I guess it is up to how they float to the top! I hope it won't be long.

About cases on hold they told me that the delay is substantial at least 6 months and they do have a procedure in place to bring it to final conclusion. So sorry for those who have been told it is on hold.

Part of the delay we are all experiencing that had ours resubmitted is that it doubled the number of cases and they are having a hard time pulling all the pieces together from the different systems.

No visas get lost or ignored they are there and it is just a matter of time for them to get to them.

I did inquire about one case who gave me their number, Lillian from Beijing, her EMS was sent out March 1st. So that was a piece of good news. Also know, DOS doesn't know about an EMS unless GZ has entered in their DB.

I have a friend who accompanied a student to GZ for an interview and he had warned her that it would probably be 3 or 4 months before she got her visa if she passed the interview but she got it the same day. I guess the colleges have it together with the I-20 submission.

Well I hope we will all get good news soon. I assume GZ takes the cabled clearances in order so lets hope ours are floating to the top.

Good luck to all of us and I wish the best to Lillian.

Guest hopeful

when they talk about 6 months to process the "on hold" cases -- is it 6 months from now on? if so, I do feel really bad for those who were told "on hold" as their case status.... that will drag some people's waiting time to more than a year after the interview!

snip////

About cases on hold they told me that the delay is substantial at least 6 months and they do have a procedure  in place to bring it to final conclusion.

Thanks for the feedback Gordon... Good to hear about more clearances..

But do we know more about this "hold" business ?? This is outreageous.

Did you speak to the info line folks or to CA officer?

What kind of check need a six months period ! If it is one of the terrorists, Can you imagine what he will do in this 6 months !, by logical if one name raise alert to them, they should inverstigate it as soon as they can. Do you guys agree me ?

Hope

What kind of check need a six months period ! If it is one of the terrorists, Can you imagine what he will do in this 6 months !, by logical if one name raise alert to them, they should inverstigate it as soon as they can. Do you guys agree me ?

Hope

agree, but if everything has to go with logic, this whole mess would not have happened at all!!

I don't believe it is only the name that brings up the alert. It could be professional background or certain organizations you belong to.  If you have been in the science or security functions and possibly the parents that might raise a flag.  Any of course this will take time to pursue.

THANKS A LOT FOR THE INFO...

Parents? Why do parents have anything to do with a Visa?

I am confused

:angry:

"No visas get lost or ignored they are there and it is just a matter of time for them to get to them."

it was nice of them to say it... but our namecheck was lost from may 9 to january 9 (along with a few thousand others). so it DOES happen.

other than that, i would say you have some pretty good info, and have found a reliable source! well done!

Guest ctl3cl45

Hi,

My fiancee passed the interview on Jan 23, 2003. I was told by GZ that it submitted the clearance request on Oct. 23, 2002 and resubmitted just last week on 2/21/03. My question is, how do I contact the DOS to inquire about the status of my finacee's clearance ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Clifton

Hi,

My fiancee passed the interview on Jan 23, 2003. I was told by GZ that it submitted the clearance request on Oct. 23, 2002 and resubmitted just last week on 2/21/03. My question is, how do I contact the DOS to inquire about the status of my finacee's clearance ?

Thanks

Clifton

Call 202-663-1225.. Press 6, then 6 again

Expect to be on hold a long time.

Good luck

Hi,

Thanks

Clifton

Call 202-663-1225.. Press 6, then 6 again

Expect to be on hold a long time.

Good luck

This is the only number in the US that does not have music when on hold... :)

Guest agl88

The good thing is that nowdays the line is not disconnected as ofter as it used to be. In fact, I went through four times without being disconnected. That is one improvement in DOS.