New Immigration Legislation

I sent the letter that was posted to My reps in my state too. Here is one response, so far.

Congress of the United States

House of Representatives

Dear Mr Heim

Thanks you for contacting me to inform about your concerns about immigration policy. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter.

Immigration polecy is a complex issue that has an impact on our national security, labor force environment, and the lives of millions of Americans, It also affects manby frderal and state government agencies. With so many people, businessess and wrganizations affecteed by immigration ploecy it is emperative that we draft legislation that is balanced and fair for all parties inovolve.

As a country of immigrants, we must not forget that America is still the land of opportunity and reconize the significant contributions that immigrants have made and continue to make to this great country. However, we must also preserve and protect the integrity of our borders and personal property rights. I believe that federal legislation can balance immigration controls and national security while still providing immigrants the opportunity to partake in the American dream.

Please be assured that I will keep you concerns firmlyu in mind a Congress debates immigration reform

Once again thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future on this or any other issue.

Sincerely,

Russ Carnahan

Member of Congress

Rick and Yanlan

:lol:

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(((I don't see any american citizens jumping up and down yelling pick me!! pick me! to work in the fields.)))

That's because they do not want to pay a decent wage (ever heard of slave labor) Bush is just wanted to help the rich who want to have CHEAP labor which hurts ALL American people and make the rich richer, it would not bother me to work in the fields if the pay was good, i think a lot of Americans would do it if they were willing to pay for it

American business at it's best

:angry: :huh: :censor:

The Senate thinks it is good enough if they pay $2000 and back taxes. You guys are right, the do not pay taxes and it will be very expensive to track down how much they have been paid. It would be much easier to have them pay their Dr. and Hospital bills.

Not that I am support amnesty.

The Senators are the people to write now as the ball is in their court.

Actually the government does have an idea how many illegals pay income tax while working illegally. They can easily identify multiple names paying under one SS#. They also have many illegals (mostly those waiting in this country the 15 years or so to get their visa after applying with a relative as sponsor) that pay using the tax identification number issued by IRS rather than SSA.

Perhaps we can at least, in view of this, all agree that our government is messed up and not making the best use of our tax dollars.

Has anyone else received any interesting answers to their letters(if any more were sent)?

Rick and Yanlan :D