Mistake on G325A, what do I do now?

With the information filled out by my SO on the DS-230 I see I put the worng year when she started her job. I put 1990 on the G325A for her instead of 1996. Should I have her refill out new G325A for herself and send to CR1 in CST, and to GZ for the K3? Or just leave and see what happens?

Guest pushbrk
With the information filled out by my SO on the DS-230 I see I put the worng year when she started her job.  I put 1990 on the G325A for her instead of 1996.  Should I have her refill out new G325A for herself and send to CR1 in CST, and to GZ for the K3?  Or just leave and see what happens?

201874[/snapback]

The G325A is only looking for 5 years of employment and residence history, this error is unlikely to have significant impact. I would leave it alone on the forms but be prepared to prove the truth if ever asked. Support the truth with a signed statement indicating that the discrepancy was an error.

OK then, my wife agrees with you all. But I think I will make a letter for her to put in her interview book I am starting.

Gee I still want to write a letter to CA when I turn in this request for information. She has to send me a notorized translation and original of some of her documents for the request and for the IRS 2005 tax year. That is what made me think she could redoo this G325A. I always want to do things my way, BUT maybe I better listen to you guys. Hmmmm.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
OK then, my wife agrees with you all.  But I think I will make a letter for her to put in her interview book I am starting.

Gee I still want to write a letter to CA when I turn in this request for information.  She has to send me a notorized translation and original of some of her documents for the request and for the IRS 2005 tax year.  That is what made me think she could redoo this G325A.  I always want to do things my way, BUT maybe I better listen to you guys.  Hmmmm.

201891[/snapback]

Doug,

I don't remember you mentioning what information was actually requested. Was it something to do with your birth certificate?

If you ARE returning paperwork that is SURE to be married up with your original petition then I don't see how adding a corrected G325a would be a problem as long as you note the reason in your cover letter. Doing nothing about it is just as valid an approach, IMO.

Thanks David, good advice.

Mike I should have gone back to that thread and said. For her daughter they need another set of my certified divorce papers, WHICH THEY ALREADY HAVE. And they want a "copy" of my birth certificate. I guess a certified copy is not good enough. :huh: Since I have time I will wait for the full birth certificate from the state to "copy" for them.

For the wife: Apparantly for her we only had a stamped English translation of her divorce and custody of her child paper. It is a simple one pager, but it has the red seal on it etc. She did not get the full blown notorized translation with copies in Chinese and English with a cert of good translation, all in a nice little book deal. She did get the full package translation on her and daughters birth certificate and our marriage. As I recall we did her divorce paper the day before I left in September so maybe that is why we were careless or we read instructions and it seemed like we didnt need the full packet. Dont remember our thinking.

You know I guess you guys are right about following exactly what they say about originals. But from my point of view I went and got abunch of certified copies of everything and sent those. It doesn't cost that much here, and I thought why fool around. Anyway it is all simple stuff but now I need to get this translation packet from her so I also asked her to get me the packet for both their passports so I can claim them on 2005 taxes. So yes maybe we will do another G325A. Maybe leave it up to her and how much time she wants to spend on it. She did buy the Adobe software to fill in the forms. Give her a good excuse to use it, but she is so into learning from her new textbooks before classes start that she hates to fool with this stuff too much. I just told her welcome to what I did back when I submitted everything and I started an interview book for her.

What is the purpose of requestion more information? Just to see if we really live here and are alive? They want copies submitted so they can request the originals? Got to be something like that instead of just trusting the original submission. Otherwise why send back an original and ask for a copy? I didnt expect the original to be returned, theres to keep.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)

Here is what USCONGUZ had to say about this issue.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14417

USCONGUZ Dec 7 2005, 11:08 PM IP: 169.252.4.21 | Post #2|

Freshman Member

Group: GUZ

Member No.: 2121

QUOTE(SallyHon @ Dec 6 2005, 08:56 AM)

I also made a typo in my I-130 petition's G-325A. I typed g instead of q for my mother-in-law.

Should I correct this now or explain this to USCIS or VO later?

Thank you!

Dear CFL Member,

If this petition is still at one the USCIS service centers, you should contact them to find out if this is important. You can call them at 1-800-375-5283.

Once the petition reaches us, if there is a small typo on the G-325A, it's not a big deal. However, a typo on the I-130 or I-129F might mean that we need to re-do security namechecks on an applicant.

Sincerely,

IV Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China