Misspelling on G-325A

SallyHon

I also made a typo in my I-130 petition's G-325A. I typed g instead of q for my mother-in-law.

Should I correct this now or explain this to USCIS or VO later?

Thank you!

173756[/snapback]

Dear CFL Member,

If this petition is still at one the USCIS service centers, you should contact them to find out if this is important. You can call them at 1-800-375-5283.

Once the petition reaches us, if there is a small typo on the G-325A, it's not a big deal. However, a typo on the I-130 or I-129F might mean that we need to re-do security namechecks on an applicant.

Sincerely,

IV Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

Guest ShaQuaNew
Thank you very much, USCONGUZ, for your reply and clarification :o

Wish You an Early Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

174659[/snapback]

Me too you guys. Thanks USCONGUZ. Though I've been a big mouth sometimes I can surely say that I'm glad you're there. Merry Christmas!!

• 11 months later...
I also made a typo in my I-130 petition's G-325A. I typed g instead of q for my mother-in-law.

Thank you!

173756[/snapback]

Dear CFL Member,

If this petition is still at one the USCIS service centers, you should contact them to find out if this is important. You can call them at 1-800-375-5283.

Once the petition reaches us, if there is a small typo on the G-325A, it's not a big deal. However, a typo on the I-130 or I-129F might mean that we need to re-do security namechecks on an applicant.

Sincerely,

My petition is on its way to GZ but before it left the U.S. it was noticed my fiancee name was not correctly written on the I129f. Her name is Hongmei Wang. But she mistakingly told me to put Mei Hong Wang. Mei is first Hong is middle and Wang is last. I called the 800 number and they told me to fax the change. So I faxed it. I then called again because my SO was extreamly worried. Then the CSC said they changed the name and gave me a confirmation number. Then I got a letter from the NVC saying they got a fax from me but they do not accept the fax anymore and to call again. But the petition is already sent. My SO is extreamly worried that the petition will be returned as all her official translated documents say Hongmei Wang but the I129F says Mei Hong Wang. What should she do. Thanks.

Thank you!

173756[/snapback]

Dear CFL Member,

Sincerely,

My petition is on its way to GZ but before it left the U.S. it was noticed my fiancee name was not correctly written on the I129f. Her name is Hongmei Wang. But she mistakingly told me to put Mei Hong Wang. Mei is first Hong is middle and Wang is last. I called the 800 number and they told me to fax the change. So I faxed it. I then called again because my SO was extreamly worried. Then the CSC said they changed the name and gave me a confirmation number. Then I got a letter from the NVC saying they got a fax from me but they do not accept the fax anymore and to call again. But the petition is already sent. My SO is extreamly worried that the petition will be returned as all her official translated documents say Hongmei Wang but the I129F says Mei Hong Wang. What should she do. Thanks.

Dear CFL Member,

For typos on I-129F and I-130 forms, the response above still holds. That is, it might mean that we need to re-do security namechecks on an applicant. Once the case has arrived in Guangzhou, corrections of such typographical errors can be made in advance of interview by mailing a notarized copy of a birth certificate, with the appropriate case number referenced, directly to the Consulate

Sincerely,