I just called NVC to get traking #s, the lady told me they do not give them out. Where do you guys get these #s from? I called DOS the other day, they steered me back to NVC. Thanx ahead for any replies.

OH yes, she did give me the consulate phone #. I asked her if it was the # I had to pay rmb for, and that it doesn't work. She replied,I don't know, I have never called it.

I did the same thing last week with the same results, DOS told me to call NVC because that is who sent them and NVC said they don't have access to them.

After explaining that it must be somewhere on her computer screen she told me that because they send out many cases in one shipment they can't track it. I asked for the shipping dept. and she said "can't do that" :lol:

Guest pushbrk
I did the same thing last week with the same results, DOS told me to call NVC because that is who sent them and NVC said they don't have access to them.

After explaining that it must be somewhere on her computer screen she told me that because they send out many cases in one shipment they can't track it.  I asked for the shipping dept. and she said "can't do that" :lol:

201356[/snapback]

All anybody has ever been able to do is track by reference number using dates nearest when they think their case was shipped. You can't even be certain of the shipment date. You just use your best educated guess.

Here is the link for track by reference

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef

In the "reference" field, type I-730. Then search, find the shipments to Guangzhou and see what they say. If you'll post the date range, either I or somebody else can descipher the results for you.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Guys:

There is some good info on this if you hit the seach button.

My experience was that NVC can give you the approximate date of approval. THEN you must go to the DHL website and really take an educated guess on which packet your application is in and follow it on the DHL website. Once the delivery hits the warehouse; it will remain there until the consulate is ready to work on it.

If you figure a week to get to GuangZhou and 2-4 weeks just sitting collecting dust - you'll be pretty close. After your application leaves Portsmouth, N.H. there is little more that the NVC will be able to help you with. The upside is that there is little more that they can do to screw it up(and I would know).

Cheetos,

Phil

Guys:

My experience was that NVC can give you the approximate date of approval.  THEN you must go to the DHL website and really take an educated guess on which packet your application is in and follow it on the DHL website.  Once the delivery hits the warehouse; it will remain there until the consulate is ready to work on it.

If you figure a week to get to GuangZhou and 2-4 weeks just sitting collecting dust - you'll be pretty close.  After your application leaves Portsmouth, N.H. there is little more that the NVC will be able to help you with.   The upside is that there is little more that they can do to screw it up(and I would know).

Cheetos,

Phil

201362[/snapback]

I agree with you Phil, NVC can't screw it up anymore and they now have nothing to do with our files (thank GOD!).

Tracking the date they say they are done is the best way to get an idea of where it is. Hang on to your cheetos though, it could sit for over a month waiting for the Chinese government to release it from customs. Nothing else to do until then. P3 which is a major step is pretty near, please be patient. K-1 visas start the namecheck now at GUZ with the electronic file which is already there.

Edited by Baba (see edit history)

After explaining that it must be somewhere on her computer screen she told me that because they send out many cases in one shipment they can't track it.?I asked for the shipping dept. and she said "can't do that" :lol:

201356[/snapback]

All anybody has ever been able to do is track by reference number using dates nearest when they think their case was shipped. You can't even be certain of the shipment date. You just use your best educated guess.

In the "reference" field, type I-730. Then search, find the shipments to Guangzhou and see what they say. If you'll post the date range, either I or somebody else can descipher the results for you.

201361[/snapback]

You can get your shipping date from the NVC without using I-730 approach.

Guys:

My experience was that NVC can give you the approximate date of approval.  THEN you must go to the DHL website and really take an educated guess on which packet your application is in and follow it on the DHL website.  Once the delivery hits the warehouse; it will remain there until the consulate is ready to work on it.

If you figure a week to get to GuangZhou and 2-4 weeks just sitting collecting dust - you'll be pretty close.  After your application leaves Portsmouth, N.H. there is little more that the NVC will be able to help you with. The upside is that there is little more that they can do to screw it up(and I would know).

Cheetos,

Phil

201362[/snapback]

I'm sure my K-3 was "stamped" on 3/15 and my CR-1 is now sitting collecting

dust :lol: .

Guest pushbrk

After explaining that it must be somewhere on her computer screen she told me that because they send out many cases in one shipment they can't track it.?I asked for the shipping dept. and she said "can't do that" :lol:

201356[/snapback]

201361[/snapback]

201365[/snapback]

The I-730 approach is for tracking the shipment after you have the shipping date, or think you do. The I-730 approach will not get you a shipping date.

201356[/snapback]

201361[/snapback]

201365[/snapback]

The I-730 approach is for tracking the shipment after you have the shipping date, or think you do. The I-730 approach will not get you a shipping date.

201368[/snapback]

NVC gives you the shipping date they have listed by DHL on their computers. You then call DHL and get a waybill number for that particular date. It is not a "guessing game" as you so make it out to be.

To put it another way, if I was a DHL customer, I would most certainly expect the exact shipping date of a package that I shipped or is being shipped to me! And in a manner of speaking, we are DHL customers.

I never used the I-730 number thingy anyways.

Guest pushbrk
Thanx everybody. I wasn't aware of the I-730 ref. pushbrk.  It worked fine :lol: They told me it was finished and shipped on the 8th of March.

The link shows a delivery that originated on the 9th, arriving and then stamped on the 16th.

201372[/snapback]

That is extremely fast for a shipment to clear customs. It has been my theory that some cases that languish stateside get put in higher priority packages that clear customs faster. It's just a theory but yours is another datapoint in its favor.

Thanx everybody. I wasn't aware of the I-730 ref. pushbrk.  It worked fine :lol:   They told me it was finished and shipped on the 8th of March.

The link shows a delivery that originated on the 9th, arriving and then stamped on the 16th.

201372[/snapback]

That is extremely fast for a shipment to clear customs. It has been my theory that some cases that languish stateside get put in higher priority packages that clear customs faster. It's just a theory but yours is another datapoint in its favor.

201374[/snapback]

My first thought after hearing it was completed and shipped on the 8th, was they meant it might get mailed sometime by the end of the month.

There's always hope B)

Thanx everybody. I wasn't aware of the I-730 ref. pushbrk.  It worked fine :lol: They told me it was finished and shipped on the 8th of March.

201372[/snapback]

I was told mine was also sent on the 8th, when I did the tracking it shows a

delivery that was shipped on the 8th and is sitting in customs. Then a shipment on the 9th that was stamped already! If your case was shipped on the 8th like mine, it still sitting in customs(at gateway). I don't know how the shipment on the 9th passed through so quick.

Guest pushbrk
Thanx everybody. I wasn't aware of the I-730 ref. pushbrk.  It worked fine :lol:   They told me it was finished and shipped on the 8th of March.

201372[/snapback]

delivery that was shipped on the 8th and is sitting in customs. Then a shipment on the 9th that was stamped already! If your case was shipped on the 8th like mine, it still sitting in customs(at gateway). I don't know how the shipment on the 9th passed through so quick.

201377[/snapback]

That's the way I read it too.

Thanx everybody. I wasn't aware of the I-730 ref. pushbrk.  It worked fine :)   They told me it was finished and shipped on the 8th of March.

201372[/snapback]

201377[/snapback]

I just noticed on the detailed tracking result for the shipment on the 9th that it's weight was 2 pounds whereas the other shipments to GUZ are around 50 to 65 pounds. Maybe the shipment on the 9th passed through so quick because it was a special package that the GUZ already knew was coming.