when at interview

Guest ShaQuaNew
When my wife has interview, are the copies of the airline tickets, and itinerary ok, or does she need original tickets to prove i visited.

201078[/snapback]

The interview is typically the time when originals are required, but when it comes to proving face-to-face trips, copies will likely suffice. A copy of your passport, email communication, telephone records etc., play favor to the kitchen sink approach, which most on this site suggest. The kitchen sink approach being, be prepared for anything, and have your ammo at the ready. Many report that these documents and proof are rarely required, but you just never know. Your best bet is to compile as much as you can in your time remaining. Good luck... :D

You should be giving her a copy of your passport at a minimum... which really only proves you went to china (better than boarding passes IMO)...

---

I think the kitchen sink might get a little polish treatment with the recent WINDOW 30 revelation...

If one wants to be able to deal with overcome while still at the interview 5th floor, then you really want to have everything ready for BOTH interview and window 30 overcome...

The one twist is that for overcome, they can ask for something notarized or certified.. which may not be all that easy to truly be prepared on hand with...

But, a good idea is to review the blue/pink slips we have posted and be aware of what is common to ask for...

Photos of you and her together, anywhere in China, are probably better proof of a valid relationship than a ticket showing you went somewhere.

You've already read it here, take or send it all.  I hope you take it when you go to GUZ.

201102[/snapback]

Yes, however I think I have heard of interviews where the VO asked "Who bought your tickets", meaning, did a third party buy them for you.

Perhaps having them may help?

Yes, thank you guys. In fact, my wife has copies of my passport with visa stamp from the 2 times I have been to china. We have probably 800 pictures or more of us together, with wedding certificate, with ma, with pa, with ma and pa. Grand parents, uncles aunts, man you name it. We have copies of all the ticketed events we visted together. She has a letter from the man who is friends with her father as the person who "set us up" she has a letter from her father giving his permission for us to marry and his blessing. Man, I hope they dont get anal over original / copy of an airline ticket lol. I gave my wife the business card of the travel agent I used, and I suppose if its necessary they can contact her and she can tell them I used my visa card for both trips. The best picture we have is her and I holding our marriage books up to the camera, standing next to ma and pa, what do you all think?

Guest pushbrk
Yes, thank you guys. In fact, my wife has copies of my passport with visa stamp from the 2 times I  have been to china. We have probably 800 pictures or more of us together, with wedding certificate, with ma, with pa, with ma and pa. Grand parents, uncles aunts, man you name it. We have copies of all the ticketed events we visted together. She has a letter from the man who is friends with her father as the person who "set us up" she has a letter from her father giving his permission for us to marry and his blessing. Man, I hope they dont get anal over original / copy of an airline ticket lol. I gave my wife the business card of the travel agent I used, and I suppose if its necessary they can contact her and  she can tell them I used my visa card for both trips. The best picture we have is her and I holding our marriage books up to the camera, standing next to ma and pa, what do you all think?

201117[/snapback]

I think you have plenty but unless you have proof the two older Asian people in any given picture with you are ma and pa, the picture doesn't have a lot of "proof" value in and of itself. :lol:

If I were picking pictures to lead with, they would be the ones that clearly show a celebration of the marriage. In our case, I'll show pictures of the same old man walking her down the aisle, and standing between us at the wedding banquet with lots of other people in the background of each picture.

From what I can tell, your SO's confidence and demeanor during the interview is likely to mean far more than any single item you can think of.

Yes, thank you guys. In fact, my wife has copies of my passport with visa stamp from the 2 times I  have been to china. We have probably 800 pictures or more of us together, with wedding certificate, with ma, with pa, with ma and pa. Grand parents, uncles aunts, man you name it. We have copies of all the ticketed events we visted together. She has a letter from the man who is friends with her father as the person who "set us up" she has a letter from her father giving his permission for us to marry and his blessing. Man, I hope they dont get anal over original / copy of an airline ticket lol. I gave my wife the business card of the travel agent I used, and I suppose if its necessary they can contact her and  she can tell them I used my visa card for both trips. The best picture we have is her and I holding our marriage books up to the camera, standing next to ma and pa, what do you all think?

201117[/snapback]

I think you have plenty but unless you have proof the two older Asian people in any given picture with you are ma and pa, the picture doesn't have a lot of "proof" value in and of itself. :lol:

If I were picking pictures to lead with, they would be the ones that clearly show a celebration of the marriage. In our case, I'll show pictures of the same old man walking her down the aisle, and standing between us at the wedding banquet with lots of other people in the background of each picture.

From what I can tell, your SO's confidence and demeanor during the interview is likely to mean far more than any single item you can think of.

201128[/snapback]

Ok push i got you. Yes come to think of it, we didnt have a normal wedding . We went to Shenyang marriage office and became husband and wife there. On our return to her parents home, we had the celebration dinner. I can say, of the pictures of her ma and pa, we have many pics with them. As far as proof of payment for the travel, I gave my wife nearly 4 years of bank statements, the payment for my travel will show up on it. I told her to find it and highlight it just in case. Cant beat original bank statements with deduction being paid to the travel agent hehe.

Guest pushbrk
Yes, thank you guys. In fact, my wife has copies of my passport with visa stamp from the 2 times I?have been to china. We have probably 800 pictures or more of us together, with wedding certificate, with ma, with pa, with ma and pa. Grand parents, uncles aunts, man you name it. We have copies of all the ticketed events we visted together. She has a letter from the man who is friends with her father as the person who "set us up" she has a letter from her father giving his permission for us to marry and his blessing. Man, I hope they dont get anal over original / copy of an airline ticket lol. I gave my wife the business card of the travel agent I used, and I suppose if its necessary they can contact her and?she can tell them I used my visa card for both trips. The best picture we have is her and I holding our marriage books up to the camera, standing next to ma and pa, what do you all think?

201117[/snapback]

I think you have plenty but unless you have proof the two older Asian people in any given picture with you are ma and pa, the picture doesn't have a lot of "proof" value in and of itself. :wacko:

201128[/snapback]

Ok push i got you. Yes come to think of it, we didnt have a normal wedding . We went to Shenyang marriage office and became husband and wife there. On our return to her parents home, we had the celebration dinner. I can say, of the pictures of her ma and pa, we have many pics with them. As far as proof of payment for the travel, I gave my wife nearly 4 years of bank statements, the payment for my travel will show up on it. I told her to find it and highlight it just in case. Cant beat original bank statements with deduction being paid to the travel agent hehe.

201131[/snapback]

Well everybody has to go to the marriage office and get the little red book. Our ceremonial stuff was the next day. I'm sure you've got plenty of information. I'm just suggesting you prioritize the order in which you deliver it when and if requested. Four years of original bank statements will mean nothing at all if they never ask for them but might mean plenty if they are needed.

"May I see some pictures?" is an opportunity to show very quickly the validity of your relationship. Something showing a loving gaze or clear celebration of an event is what I would make sure the VO sees first. You're trying to quickly show a stranger how much you and your wife love each other, in order to prove the relationship is "real".

The top of my "communication" stack will show screen shots of us communicating the way we do every day, with smiles on our faces on the webcam, clear text and the voice connection right there to see at a glance. Try to put yourself in the place of the stranger doing the evaluation.

Yes, however I think I have heard of interviews where the VO asked "Who bought your tickets", meaning, did a third party buy them for you.

201110[/snapback]

When the figures on the Income Tax Return are not so good and the petitoner has visited China more than two times, VO tends to ask "Who paid his flight tickets?" or "How come he had the money to visit you so many times?" (ta na you qian hui lai? :D )

In this circumstances, I suggest you present the transaction sheet for purchasing the tickets, showing who paid the tickets.

201110[/snapback]

When the figures on the Income Tax Return are not so good and the petitoner has visited China more than two times, VO tends to ask "Who paid his flight tickets?" or "How come he had the money to visit you so many times?" (ta na you qian hui lai? :) )

In this circumstances, I suggest you present the transaction sheet for purchasing the tickets, showing who paid the tickets.

201244[/snapback]

My wife is going to have her ma and pa's id's copied and certified for the interview, can this be done? I think it would be good to show her parents ID then show pictures of us with family. What do you all think? As far as my being able to afford to visit China 2 times within the span of a year, I earn enough to do that, however if I were to attempt to take a 3rd visit, well hehe, that might kind of put a cramp on things. thanks guys.

Guest pushbrk

201110[/snapback]

When the figures on the Income Tax Return are not so good and the petitoner has visited China more than two times, VO tends to ask "Who paid his flight tickets?" or "How come he had the money to visit you so many times?" (ta na you qian hui lai? :) )

201244[/snapback]

My wife is going to have her ma and pa's id's copied and certified for the interview, can this be done? I think it would be good to show her parents ID then show pictures of us with family. What do you all think? As far as my being able to afford to visit China 2 times within the span of a year, I earn enough to do that, however if I were to attempt to take a 3rd visit, well hehe, that might kind of put a cramp on things. thanks guys.

201394[/snapback]

I don't see how it can hurt anything to do so at least as part of a kitchen sink approach. However, I can't help but wonder if there is something specific you are concerned about them questioning and whether there might be an even better way to address the concern.

One can bring whatever they want to the interview.. it is a different issue whether the VO will ask for it and yet another if they will accept it if they are offered it when they didn't ask for it.

it's hit or miss on the latter issues... not sure what it's proving since I've never seen anyone asked to supply parents IDs. They usually seem most concerned about your current relationship and possibly past [divorced] ones.

One can bring whatever they want to the interview.. it is a different issue whether the VO will ask for it and yet another if they will accept it if they are offered it when they didn't ask for it.

it's hit or miss on the latter issues... not sure what it's proving since I've never seen anyone asked to supply parents IDs. They usually seem most concerned about your current relationship and possibly past [divorced] ones.

201421[/snapback]

Good news there is, I have never been married before, and I have no children. My wife was married once, but he cheated on her and divorced him 3 years ago. She was divorced for 2 years before we met. Anyway, I saw mention the VO wont know her parents from any old chinese people so I thought if it was certified who her parents were, the VO would be more likey to see that her parents are happy for us and want us to be married. If its not that important, then perhaps we wont need to do the id thing for her parents.

Guest pushbrk

it's hit or miss on the latter issues... not sure what it's proving since I've never seen anyone asked to supply parents IDs.   They usually seem most concerned about your current relationship and possibly past [divorced] ones.

201421[/snapback]

Good news there is, I have never been married before, and I have no children. My wife was married once, but he cheated on her and divorced him 3 years ago. She was divorced for 2 years before we met. Anyway, I saw mention the VO wont know her parents from any old chinese people so I thought if it was certified who her parents were, the VO would be more likey to see that her parents are happy for us and want us to be married. If its not that important, then perhaps we wont need to do the id thing for her parents.

201471[/snapback]

If it's not a lot of trouble, it might be a good idea as back-up in case of an overcome but I wouldn't volunteer it up front for fear it would raise more questions than it would answer, like "Why is she so concerned about proving these are her parents?"

It was me who mentioned that pictures with old people didn't prove they were her parents. I didn't mean to imply this was something that should prompt extraordinary measures. I also said that your SO's confidence and demeanor was likely to be more important than any physical proof you might offer.

Use your own best judgement, of course. She'll do fine.