P4 not here yet, but interview on April 12.

Thanks to Ameriken's advice on "Call DOS at (202) 663-1225. When you are in, press 1-1-0", I was able to find out my status.

My SO's P4 has not arrived yet. They said the P4 was sent on March 15th, 2006. What is the average time to expect before receiving P4 from the date sent? Is there anyway to track this package?

I was happy to hear that the interview was on: 4/12/2006 at 7:00AM.

That means, I have several things to do in a hurry:

1. Finish 2005 tax return (This is going to take at least 7-8 days to do all the accounting, since I have to do the business tax: Schedule C) It is not anywhere as easy as just a regular tax form, and it is a whole lot of work. Not looking forward to this at all. Got to start right now.

2. Get Affidavit of Support form filled out and notarized.

Are they talking about the Form I-134 - Affidavit of Support

for the K1 process?

3. Book plane ticket to fly over there.

By the way, where is the "Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services

(CIS)" that I have to swear upon for the I-134? I live in San Francisco.

Good news on the interview. I wouldn't wait more than a week before I started making inquiries of the consulate. While you can probably download most of the forms contained in the P4, your SO will likely need the appointment letter to get into the consulate.

You're correct that the I-134 is the affidavit of support form to use for the K-1. You do not have to sign this form in front of CIS. You can execute the form before a notary of your choosing.

Good luck at the interview.

My SO's P4 has not arrived yet. They said the P4 was sent on March 15th, 2006. What is the average time to expect before receiving P4 from the date sent? Is there anyway to track this package?

200440[/snapback]

Think of the DOS "mailed" date as a ready to mail date. Yings' P4 did not leave GUZ until 3 days later - found this out by checking the number on Ying's package after it arrive, it was 3 days over the weekend to make it to Ying in Beijing.

She should have it soon !!!! Good luck !!!

Edited by ed and ying (see edit history)
Thanks to Ameriken's advice on "Call DOS at (202) 663-1225. When you are in, press 1-1-0", I was able to find out my status.

1. Finish 2005 tax return (This is going to take at least 7-8 days to do all the accounting, since I have to do the business tax: Schedule C) It is not anywhere as easy as just a regular tax form, and it is a whole lot of work. Not looking forward to this at all. Got to start right now.

for the K1 process?

200440[/snapback]

Which part of China is your SO in? P4 is sent from south China Guangzhou. EMS (Express mail services) usually takes 2 to 4 days to arrive.

If you haven't received P4 yet, ask your SO to buy a RMB54 prepay card at Citic Bank (zhong xin yin Hang). Contact the call center of the Consulate (provide case no, name and birthdate of the applicant), check if they have the tracking code of EMS.

With the EMS tracking code, call 11185, you can track the package.

for the K1 process?

200440[/snapback]

My wife just got hers in the mail today, DOS said it was sent out on the 17th... so that is 6 days... we're actually very lucky it arrived... they somehow put her old work address in Shenzhen on the appointment letter itself, but thankfully it was sent to her home address where she is now near Shanghai.... good luck!

for the K1 process?

200440[/snapback]

Which part of China is your SO in? P4 is sent from south China Guangzhou. EMS (Express mail services) usually takes 2 to 4 days to arrive.

If you haven't received P4 yet, ask your SO to buy a RMB54 prepay card at Citic Bank (zhong xin yin Hang). Contact the call center of the Consulate (provide case no, name and birthdate of the applicant), check if they have the tracking code of EMS.

With the EMS tracking code, call 11185, you can track the package.

201247[/snapback]

SmilingAsia, Thanks for the advice. I called DOS, and they did not have any tracking number. So I told my SO to call Guangzhou using the 4 minutes she still had left. But I was happy to hear today, that she didn't need to call. She just received her P4 packet!